Perhaps you need to help her with her prepping ,I'm assuming she's also a postie , that way way she'll be ready to go also when you are ready to deliver.dvbuk55 wrote:The odd thing is I get the same reaction from my wife as I always finish before she doesWessex wrote:A lot of this debate really does come down to a misconception held by many Royal Mail staff that fastest , in particular fastest finishing , somehow equals better.(Although rarely are they quick on ips)
In my penultimate office I was having a lot of unwanted hassle from some of my neighbouring posties so in order to dent their egos, I merely picked up both my sorting and prepping speeds.I was first out of the office every day, they really could not understand it .A sympathetic colleague told me how angry they wereeach morning after I had left.In those times it was still job and finish so I was always finished first.Was I really the better postman ? because I finished first ?
![]()
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Get rid of senior staff
-
Wessex
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1267
- Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20
Re: Get rid of senior staff
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: Get rid of senior staff
Wessex, i think you're missing the point entirelyWessex wrote:Perhaps you need to help her with her prepping ,I'm assuming she's also a postie , that way way she'll be ready to go also when you are ready to deliver.dvbuk55 wrote:The odd thing is I get the same reaction from my wife as I always finish before she doesWessex wrote:A lot of this debate really does come down to a misconception held by many Royal Mail staff that fastest , in particular fastest finishing , somehow equals better.(Although rarely are they quick on ips)
In my penultimate office I was having a lot of unwanted hassle from some of my neighbouring posties so in order to dent their egos, I merely picked up both my sorting and prepping speeds.I was first out of the office every day, they really could not understand it .A sympathetic colleague told me how angry they wereeach morning after I had left.In those times it was still job and finish so I was always finished first.Was I really the better postman ? because I finished first ?
![]()
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Get rid of senior staff
Erm no she's not a postiePinky 1 wrote:Wessex, i think you're missing the point entirelyWessex wrote:Perhaps you need to help her with her prepping ,I'm assuming she's also a postie , that way way she'll be ready to go also when you are ready to deliver.dvbuk55 wrote:The odd thing is I get the same reaction from my wife as I always finish before she doesWessex wrote:A lot of this debate really does come down to a misconception held by many Royal Mail staff that fastest , in particular fastest finishing , somehow equals better.(Although rarely are they quick on ips)
In my penultimate office I was having a lot of unwanted hassle from some of my neighbouring posties so in order to dent their egos, I merely picked up both my sorting and prepping speeds.I was first out of the office every day, they really could not understand it .A sympathetic colleague told me how angry they wereeach morning after I had left.In those times it was still job and finish so I was always finished first.Was I really the better postman ? because I finished first ?
![]()
![]()
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Get rid of senior staff
Crammypostie1
You haven't answered me. You scared or something?
Beginning to think you're trying to get at TBT. He seems to be the only one you whinge at, and you only mention others who agree with you.
You haven't answered me. You scared or something?
Beginning to think you're trying to get at TBT. He seems to be the only one you whinge at, and you only mention others who agree with you.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
motch
- Posts: 332
- Joined: 08 May 2008, 23:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Get rid of senior staff
that's one of the best post's on this thread, nicely summed up.fishtank wrote:Give the fastest more work to do.
How hard is this?
If you really wanted to you could pay an incentive but you have to be able to protect quality and safety at the same time.
That's how any business deals with over performers,you don't give them the cushy jobs,what's the point in having "super postie crammy" sitting on a cushy job getting lazy?
You give them more work and utilise their particular skill set until they burn out then you replace them with a younger,fitter "super postie crammy".
-
LinChong
- Posts: 229
- Joined: 27 Sep 2012, 09:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Get rid of senior staff
Someone may have been born more capable and/or they may have had better education and training. They may come from an immigrant background with a culture that the only way to get employed is to be cheaper and more productive.
Should we blame people for holding the unreasonable belief that hard work will be rewarded?
For some people, the concept of luck is so disturbing they have to believe an alternative explanation that is clearly false but allows them to think they have some control.
The message to all employees is:
"Don't work too hard. Only work a reasonable rate. Over productive workers just get exploited. Save your energy for your family and hobbies."
Should we blame people for holding the unreasonable belief that hard work will be rewarded?
For some people, the concept of luck is so disturbing they have to believe an alternative explanation that is clearly false but allows them to think they have some control.
The message to all employees is:
"Don't work too hard. Only work a reasonable rate. Over productive workers just get exploited. Save your energy for your family and hobbies."
-
crammypostie1
- Posts: 187
- Joined: 31 Mar 2013, 21:45
- Gender: Male
- Location: Cumbria
Re: Get rid of senior staff
This is what ill do in future.... close thread thanksLinChong wrote:Someone may have been born more capable and/or they may have had better education and training. They may come from an immigrant background with a culture that the only way to get employed is to be cheaper and more productive.
Should we blame people for holding the unreasonable belief that hard work will be rewarded?
For some people, the concept of luck is so disturbing they have to believe an alternative explanation that is clearly false but allows them to think they have some control.
The message to all employees is:
"Don't work too hard. Only work a reasonable rate. Over productive workers just get exploited. Save your energy for your family and hobbies."
-
motch
- Posts: 332
- Joined: 08 May 2008, 23:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Get rid of senior staff
another good post. I love it when I say I'll go at a normal/decent/reasonable pace the manager takes that as slow.crammypostie1 wrote:LinChong wrote:Someone may have been born more capable and/or they may have had better education and training. They may come from an immigrant background with a culture that the only way to get employed is to be cheaper and more productive.
Should we blame people for holding the unreasonable belief that hard work will be rewarded?
For some people, the concept of luck is so disturbing they have to believe an alternative explanation that is clearly false but allows them to think they have some control.
The message to all employees is:
"Don't work too hard. Only work a reasonable rate. Over productive workers just get exploited. Save your energy for your family and hobbies."
-
hampshireman
- Posts: 792
- Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Get rid of senior staff
What a fantastic idea; to GPS attach posties. I'd do that .. They would notice I arrive on time. Against some mythical time that others arrive at. I start at 8am. People are going out at my start time. And I am questioned as to why I cannot complete.crammypostie1 wrote:I believe that efficient workers should get first choice... if say X senior posty can prep in say 700 items into his frame (best duty in office thats why say he picked it) and a guy below him can sort in say 1500 items in same time..... who is more worthy of that duty when 1 is doing the job better? Why is it that senior posties can go over the own time on good duties whilst less senior posties finish well on time doing jobs propery. I know there are alot of heal draggers on delivery and alot know how to play the sysytem, and to be honest you all know who you/they are. We all have them in our offices. Its just i see some guys who dont run, and use royal mail bikes finish an hour before there time, yet senior posties take there cars... which is quicker to and from office and go 2 hours over the top on a similar days work. Why a 3 hour difference? As i said above... playing the game and milking it.
I believe that we should all be tagged... with gps etc to show our whereabouts, and how long we were stationary etc, this stops chatting for too long to any joe bloggs and shows average walk speed and if staff are up to standard. I for one would like to think i could do it, being in my late 30s. But to do this you would get every1 compliaining.
This is just a job at the end of the day, if it gets privitisied then so be it, there are many folk that have jobs in supermarkets, cleaners, petrol stations, if you are not happy with the way royalmail is going, then theres always directgov.co.uk for looking for a new job.
BTW Crammy; I am 58, so fit into your shoot the older posties envelope.
-
spoodoo
- Posts: 829
- Joined: 06 Sep 2009, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Get rid of senior staff
Can't believe this threads still going,,,
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Get rid of senior staff
i love this thread you can be a senior man and only 35 years of agespoodoo wrote:Can't believe this threads still going,,,
-
motch
- Posts: 332
- Joined: 08 May 2008, 23:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Get rid of senior staff
lots of feeding been going on.spoodoo wrote:Can't believe this threads still going,,,
-
gazzariah
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 13:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Get rid of senior staff
tosser, what with the govt making people work longer and these old boys giving many years of graft are you a dom or lino? 
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Get rid of senior staff
You tell 'im gazza, I'm practically on my chinstrap as it is, yet the pension gets further and further away, the candle and the crust is just around the corner.gazzariah wrote:tosser, what with the govt making people work longer and these old boys giving many years of graft are you a dom or lino?