ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

LOCKER HANDOVER

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: LOCKER HANDOVER

Post by dvbuk55 »

Our Locker is open for 12 hours a day except Wednesday when it's open for 13 hours. The number of Specials held should be handed over to the next incumbent which we do but we are apparently not using a proscribed P Form - the Locker has just 1 member of staff throughout that period whereas the Callers office has 2/3 people over the same period with 2 of the 3 at any one time. So what I'm looking for is an office which has a Locker change of staff who handover between the two and the number of the P Form they handover on. Rocking Horse s**t seems to be more readily available. :Very Happy
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: LOCKER HANDOVER

Post by General Mannerheim »

dvbuk55 wrote:Our Locker is open for 12 hours a day except Wednesday when it's open for 13 hours. The number of Specials held should be handed over to the next incumbent which we do but we are apparently not using a proscribed P Form - the Locker has just 1 member of staff throughout that period whereas the Callers office has 2/3 people over the same period with 2 of the 3 at any one time. So what I'm looking for is an office which has a Locker change of staff who handover between the two and the number of the P Form they handover on. Rocking Horse s**t seems to be more readily available. :Very Happy
Well I managed to find one of the forms Registered Letter Packets:Dispatching Officers's Balance it is called to give it's proper name :roll: ,but although our office has exactly the same scenario except the locker has 2 people in before they hand over to me,we've never used it yet :shhhhh .
Maybe it's part of the `master` plan dvb .who knows?
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: LOCKER HANDOVER

Post by dvbuk55 »

General Mannerheim wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:Our Locker is open for 12 hours a day except Wednesday when it's open for 13 hours. The number of Specials held should be handed over to the next incumbent which we do but we are apparently not using a proscribed P Form - the Locker has just 1 member of staff throughout that period whereas the Callers office has 2/3 people over the same period with 2 of the 3 at any one time. So what I'm looking for is an office which has a Locker change of, staff who handover between the two and the number of the P Form they handover on. Rocking Horse s**t seems to be more readily available. :Very Happy
Well I managed to find one of the forms Registered Letter Packets:Dispatching Officers's Balance it is called to give it's proper name :roll: ,but although our office has exactly the same scenario except the locker has 2 people in before they hand over to me,we've never used it yet :shhhhh .
Maybe it's part of the `master` plan dvb .who knows?
Tbh I spoke to the DOM about it because for the life of me I cannot reconcile that form with the information we need. Still not renowned for my raging intellect I've decided to give it a miss until the next time the auditor arrives who keeps marking us down and have him show us how it's completed - and if he can't - someone isn't going to be very happy. Personally I think he's a jobs worth who slavishly follows a script even if it is 20 years out of date. Thanks though mein general at least we are speaking about the same form.
Pinky 1
Posts: 1510
Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
Gender: Male
Location: Wales

Re: LOCKER HANDOVER

Post by Pinky 1 »

Oh, the world of the Locker Crew :roll:
Finally found something important to talk about, in between Eastenders and The Racing Post, and it turns out to be a form neither of you can complete .... :angel
Well i never ..... :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: LOCKER HANDOVER

Post by fishtank »

Pinky 1 wrote:Oh, the world of the Locker Crew :roll:
Finally found something important to talk about, in between Eastenders and The Racing Post, and it turns out to be a form neither of you can complete .... :angel
Well i never ..... :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle

Careful Pinky,these guys have had a long,tough day at work.
They might be prone to being a bit carnaptious. :nervous
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: LOCKER HANDOVER

Post by General Mannerheim »

Pinky 1 wrote:Oh, the world of the Locker Crew :roll:
Finally found something important to talk about, in between Eastenders and The Racing Post, and it turns out to be a form neither of you can complete .... :angel
Well i never ..... :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
Eastenders? Up here are you talking the piss? :Very Happy
I didn't say i couldn't complete it, as I can :nervous ,I said we don't complete it :roll: or more specific the two guys who hand over to me don't complete it :roll:
Any way Pinky how was the weather today was it nice and warm in your part of the world? It was apparently cracking the flags up here and the carry on camping brigade was out in full force although the glare of all that white flesh was rather off putting and all the smell of suntan lotion was a bit over powering it nearly put me off my chippy dinner. :roll:
I don't get out much, although I did hear in between the chat about how much money to put on at the 13.45 at Chester and being a gaffers nark :roll: that the weather is due to turn to rain tomorrow.... shame.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: LOCKER HANDOVER

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:
Pinky 1 wrote:Oh, the world of the Locker Crew :roll:
Finally found something important to talk about, in between Eastenders and The Racing Post, and it turns out to be a form neither of you can complete .... :angel
Well i never ..... :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle

Careful Pinky,these guys have had a long,tough day at work.
They might be prone to being a bit carnaptious. :nervous
Wtf is carnaptious - you did get one thing right though I broke into a sweat...........I thought we'd run out of tea bags :chuckle :chuckle You guys don't realise how hard it is to run the locker, making sure the kettles full, the newspapers aren't creased, the biscuits are always handy and those are just a few of the responsibilities - oh yes it's a full day right enough well if you fill in a couple of crosswords. You know the old saying we serve those who serve.............a saying from the NAAFI Staff ? I think. Yep life's a bitch right enough, there's me in an air conditioned office and there's ordinary folk living life to the full in the great outdoors............oh if only I could be ordinary again...........it's hard being special. :cuppa Mind you pinky I do admit I couldn't complete the form, you see reading is not really one of my strong points - that's why I'm special.
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: LOCKER HANDOVER

Post by General Mannerheim »

fishtank wrote:
Pinky 1 wrote:Oh, the world of the Locker Crew :roll:
Finally found something important to talk about, in between Eastenders and The Racing Post, and it turns out to be a form neither of you can complete .... :angel
Well i never ..... :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle

Careful Pinky,these guys have had a long,tough day at work.
They might be prone to being a bit carnaptious. :nervous
I'll have you know it was a long day,especially wading through all them new attendance procedure guidelines :roll: ,anybody would think i was a rep! :whistle
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
Pinky 1
Posts: 1510
Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
Gender: Male
Location: Wales

Re: LOCKER HANDOVER

Post by Pinky 1 »

Yes General, i was taking the piss ....... and dvbuk, you are special needs :wave :wave

I also had to Google carnaptious :roll:
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: LOCKER HANDOVER

Post by dvbuk55 »

Pinky 1 wrote:Yes General, i was taking the piss ....... and dvbuk, you are special needs :wave :wave

I also had to Google carnaptious :roll:
What you mean it's really a word? I thought he'd made it up like those people in the far North tend to - like Sassenach .......................I mean :chuckle
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: LOCKER HANDOVER

Post by fishtank »

Pinky 1 wrote:I also had to Google carnaptious :roll:
It's a good Scots word.
I'm practicing for Independance Day(not the film).
I can't speak Gaelic. :sad:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: LOCKER HANDOVER

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:
Pinky 1 wrote:I also had to Google carnaptious :roll:
It's a good Scots word.
I'm practicing for Independance Day(not the film).
I can't speak Gaelic. :sad:
I'd never heard of it but I like it and very apt especially after a hard day in the locker.