ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What a difference!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: What a difference!

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

aiden01 wrote:
Pinky 1 wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote: When the DOM was informed, and was asked for compassionate leave until after the inevitable, his response was that he expected the guy into work immediately.
I'm sorry, but the DOM would have been decked. There are more important things in life than Royal Mail. It is only a job.
your right pinky decked or else he would have been a dead man walking w*****s the lot of them.
The postie wasn't in the room at the time. And he wasn't in any condition physically or psychologically to do something like that. Nor is he the type.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: What a difference!

Post by aiden01 »

UnhappyGremlin wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
Pinky 1 wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote: When the DOM was informed, and was asked for compassionate leave until after the inevitable, his response was that he expected the guy into work immediately.
I'm sorry, but the DOM would have been decked. There are more important things in life than Royal Mail. It is only a job.
your right pinky decked or else he would have been a dead man walking w*****s the lot of them.
The postie wasn't in the room at the time. And he wasn't in any condition physically or psychologically to do something like that. Nor is he the type.
Ok then if you were in room and the same thing was said what would you do.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: What a difference!

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

The manager shouldn't be decked as that would mean a decent postie (whoever does the decking) would lose their job and probably be convicted for assault.

What should have happened, (with the suffering posties agreement that his colleagues be informed of the situation), is an immediate and solid wild cat strike. Hit the gates, tell the press why, the manager would then have to explain their decision to their bosses and why other avenues such were not explored, and RM would have a PR disaster in the making.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Pinky 1
Posts: 1510
Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
Gender: Male
Location: Wales

Re: What a difference!

Post by Pinky 1 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:The manager shouldn't be decked as that would mean a decent postie (whoever does the decking) would lose their job and probably be convicted for assault.

What should have happened, (with the suffering posties agreement that his colleagues be informed of the situation), is an immediate and solid wild cat strike. Hit the gates, tell the press why, the manager would then have to explain their decision to their bosses and why other avenues such were not explored, and RM would have a PR disaster in the making.
Teebs, of course you're right. Everything you're saying makes perfect sense. But, and it's a big but, if i was in that position, and in the room at the same time, i wouldn't be thinking of wild cat strikes, the press, Royal Mail procedures or PR disasters. My only concern would be whether my DOM was going to pick himself up off the floor so i could belt him again. Then i would go home and nurse my wife until the inevitable.
Family will always come before the job.
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
crammypostie1
Posts: 187
Joined: 31 Mar 2013, 21:45
Gender: Male
Location: Cumbria

Re: What a difference!

Post by crammypostie1 »

aiden01 wrote:
Pinky 1 wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote: When the DOM was informed, and was asked for compassionate leave until after the inevitable, his response was that he expected the guy into work immediately.
I'm sorry, but the DOM would have been decked. There are more important things in life than Royal Mail. It is only a job.
your right pinky decked or else he would have been a dead man walking w*****s the lot of them.
still we all have a job to do, but our health is more important :arrrghhh
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: What a difference!

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

aiden01 wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
Pinky 1 wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote: When the DOM was informed, and was asked for compassionate leave until after the inevitable, his response was that he expected the guy into work immediately.
I'm sorry, but the DOM would have been decked. There are more important things in life than Royal Mail. It is only a job.
your right pinky decked or else he would have been a dead man walking w*****s the lot of them.
The postie wasn't in the room at the time. And he wasn't in any condition physically or psychologically to do something like that. Nor is he the type.
Ok then if you were in room and the same thing was said what would you do.
Quite frankly, I'd have most likely lost my temper and cracked him one.
But it wasn't me, and I hope I'm never put in a situation like that, I'm not so sure I'd actually stop hitting the twat.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
Pinky 1
Posts: 1510
Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
Gender: Male
Location: Wales

Re: What a difference!

Post by Pinky 1 »

Okay, we are on the same wavelength :chuckle
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
TheCobra
Posts: 249
Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
Gender: Male

Re: What a difference!

Post by TheCobra »

I've applied for 4 jobs in the last 2 weeks, got an interview this Sunday so hopefully will escape. Can't wait to get out of this shithole. This company just treats people as a number, it's similar to the army I would think and there are a fair few ex-Army at my office!

Sick of being treated like a non-person by management and also certain staff who buy into the way of people being treated. If you are a small-minded idiot then this company might just about be ok to work for, if you have your own mind and half a brain then good luck to you.

I'm tired of the daily battle to be honest, such a toxic 'them and us' culture, the like of which I haven't experienced in any of my prewvious 10 years+ employment.