The postie wasn't in the room at the time. And he wasn't in any condition physically or psychologically to do something like that. Nor is he the type.aiden01 wrote:your right pinky decked or else he would have been a dead man walking w*****s the lot of them.Pinky 1 wrote:I'm sorry, but the DOM would have been decked. There are more important things in life than Royal Mail. It is only a job.UnhappyGremlin wrote: When the DOM was informed, and was asked for compassionate leave until after the inevitable, his response was that he expected the guy into work immediately.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What a difference!
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: What a difference!
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: What a difference!
Ok then if you were in room and the same thing was said what would you do.UnhappyGremlin wrote:The postie wasn't in the room at the time. And he wasn't in any condition physically or psychologically to do something like that. Nor is he the type.aiden01 wrote:your right pinky decked or else he would have been a dead man walking w*****s the lot of them.Pinky 1 wrote:I'm sorry, but the DOM would have been decked. There are more important things in life than Royal Mail. It is only a job.UnhappyGremlin wrote: When the DOM was informed, and was asked for compassionate leave until after the inevitable, his response was that he expected the guy into work immediately.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: What a difference!
The manager shouldn't be decked as that would mean a decent postie (whoever does the decking) would lose their job and probably be convicted for assault.
What should have happened, (with the suffering posties agreement that his colleagues be informed of the situation), is an immediate and solid wild cat strike. Hit the gates, tell the press why, the manager would then have to explain their decision to their bosses and why other avenues such were not explored, and RM would have a PR disaster in the making.
What should have happened, (with the suffering posties agreement that his colleagues be informed of the situation), is an immediate and solid wild cat strike. Hit the gates, tell the press why, the manager would then have to explain their decision to their bosses and why other avenues such were not explored, and RM would have a PR disaster in the making.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: What a difference!
Teebs, of course you're right. Everything you're saying makes perfect sense. But, and it's a big but, if i was in that position, and in the room at the same time, i wouldn't be thinking of wild cat strikes, the press, Royal Mail procedures or PR disasters. My only concern would be whether my DOM was going to pick himself up off the floor so i could belt him again. Then i would go home and nurse my wife until the inevitable.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:The manager shouldn't be decked as that would mean a decent postie (whoever does the decking) would lose their job and probably be convicted for assault.
What should have happened, (with the suffering posties agreement that his colleagues be informed of the situation), is an immediate and solid wild cat strike. Hit the gates, tell the press why, the manager would then have to explain their decision to their bosses and why other avenues such were not explored, and RM would have a PR disaster in the making.
Family will always come before the job.
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
crammypostie1
- Posts: 187
- Joined: 31 Mar 2013, 21:45
- Gender: Male
- Location: Cumbria
Re: What a difference!
still we all have a job to do, but our health is more importantaiden01 wrote:your right pinky decked or else he would have been a dead man walking w*****s the lot of them.Pinky 1 wrote:I'm sorry, but the DOM would have been decked. There are more important things in life than Royal Mail. It is only a job.UnhappyGremlin wrote: When the DOM was informed, and was asked for compassionate leave until after the inevitable, his response was that he expected the guy into work immediately.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: What a difference!
Quite frankly, I'd have most likely lost my temper and cracked him one.aiden01 wrote:Ok then if you were in room and the same thing was said what would you do.UnhappyGremlin wrote:The postie wasn't in the room at the time. And he wasn't in any condition physically or psychologically to do something like that. Nor is he the type.aiden01 wrote:your right pinky decked or else he would have been a dead man walking w*****s the lot of them.Pinky 1 wrote:I'm sorry, but the DOM would have been decked. There are more important things in life than Royal Mail. It is only a job.UnhappyGremlin wrote: When the DOM was informed, and was asked for compassionate leave until after the inevitable, his response was that he expected the guy into work immediately.
But it wasn't me, and I hope I'm never put in a situation like that, I'm not so sure I'd actually stop hitting the twat.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: What a difference!
Okay, we are on the same wavelength 
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
TheCobra
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
- Gender: Male
Re: What a difference!
I've applied for 4 jobs in the last 2 weeks, got an interview this Sunday so hopefully will escape. Can't wait to get out of this shithole. This company just treats people as a number, it's similar to the army I would think and there are a fair few ex-Army at my office!
Sick of being treated like a non-person by management and also certain staff who buy into the way of people being treated. If you are a small-minded idiot then this company might just about be ok to work for, if you have your own mind and half a brain then good luck to you.
I'm tired of the daily battle to be honest, such a toxic 'them and us' culture, the like of which I haven't experienced in any of my prewvious 10 years+ employment.
Sick of being treated like a non-person by management and also certain staff who buy into the way of people being treated. If you are a small-minded idiot then this company might just about be ok to work for, if you have your own mind and half a brain then good luck to you.
I'm tired of the daily battle to be honest, such a toxic 'them and us' culture, the like of which I haven't experienced in any of my prewvious 10 years+ employment.