This could get interestinghantsman wrote:roger wrote:Well in that case I must be very special because I saw my reference with my own eyes,and I'm not a liar.hantsman wrote:roger wrote:I would just like to add,contrary to what a lot of people think RM do not just give start and leaving date for a reference they also respond to questions asked, such as how many days off sick has the person had in the last year,has the person had any disciplinary action against them,we're there any disciplinary hearings outstanding when they left and would you re-employ that person again and what was the reason for them leaving.I know this because I saw my reference after I had started my new job.
Not true, RM only supply dates, job title, reason for leaving, nothing else.
Scan in your letter on here then minus your personal details.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
RM need my permission before giving new job a reference
-
two-tired-feet
- Posts: 57
- Joined: 01 Oct 2008, 16:34
- Gender: Male
- Location: on the streets
Re: RM need my permission before giving new job a reference
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Re: RM need my permission before giving new job a reference
I can only imagine you gave your new employer your DOM/Manager contact details at your place of work? If so they probably should have forwarded it to HR. I'm guessing all was positive in the reference and you got on well with your managers. But if this is the scenario it's against procedure, HR should do the references.roger wrote:I would just like to add,contrary to what a lot of people think RM do not just give start and leaving date for a reference they also respond to questions asked, such as how many days off sick has the person had in the last year,has the person had any disciplinary action against them,we're there any disciplinary hearings outstanding when they left and would you re-employ that person again and what was the reason for them leaving.I know this because I saw my reference after I had started my new job.
-
fng
- Posts: 462
- Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 16:54
- Gender: Male
Re: RM need my permission before giving new job a reference
The regs on reference giving have changed. No longer is a company allowed to give a "bad" reference. Gone are the days when you can be slagged off by a vindictive gaffa.
A good reference can be given OR a "just the facts" reference can be given......but its amazing what can be said by not saying anything at all and by reading between the lines
A good reference can be given OR a "just the facts" reference can be given......but its amazing what can be said by not saying anything at all and by reading between the lines
Tripitaka: "You should live without fear. There's as much chance of good things as bad things."
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
-
thefemalepostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 150
- Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:00
- Gender: Female
Re: RM need my permission before giving new job a reference
I saw the letter yesterday and it does just seem a standard form. RM have a lot of employees and I think new job just asked if thefemalepostie (obviously real name lol) worked there. I have a common surname so RM obviously have to be sure they give the right persons info. I had to put name, address, pay number, work dates and then tick box to give permission for them to give a reference and sign.
I'm keeping everything crossed, that it will be just a standard yes she worked x to x and pay scale. If they did send it to my DOM I would be very worried!
I'm keeping everything crossed, that it will be just a standard yes she worked x to x and pay scale. If they did send it to my DOM I would be very worried!
-
zaphod
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 139
- Joined: 29 Aug 2007, 00:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Slavesville.
Re: RM need my permission before giving new job a reference
Does anyone have the correct Royal Mail e-mail address to authorise your consent?
The one I have been given has sent my e-mail back to me PDQ.
Thanks
The one I have been given has sent my e-mail back to me PDQ.
Thanks
Semi-retired, former long-serving CWU Health and Safety Representative
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: RM need my permission before giving new job a reference
two-tired-feet wrote:This could get interestinghantsman wrote:roger wrote:Well in that case I must be very special because I saw my reference with my own eyes,and I'm not a liar.hantsman wrote:roger wrote:I would just like to add,contrary to what a lot of people think RM do not just give start and leaving date for a reference they also respond to questions asked, such as how many days off sick has the person had in the last year,has the person had any disciplinary action against them,we're there any disciplinary hearings outstanding when they left and would you re-employ that person again and what was the reason for them leaving.I know this because I saw my reference after I had started my new job.
Not true, RM only supply dates, job title, reason for leaving, nothing else.
Scan in your letter on here then minus your personal details.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32816
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: RM need my permission before giving new job a reference
You can only email HR from a royalmail.com email address.zaphod wrote:Does anyone have the correct Royal Mail e-mail address to authorise your consent?
The one I have been given has sent my e-mail back to me PDQ.
Thanks
Us menials have to either write of phone them.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.