ahh, thats why I had about 7 or 8 extra tracked parcels today with 24h or 48h on them. booked an extra hour and a bit of cut off too.luddite wrote:Can't speak for the cities but PF do not deliver in rural areas now, they drop off a huge truck load of parcels of all sizes, shapes, weights and time sensitivityand poor old postie wedges them into a.clapped out old Combo because he has time 'cos mail volumes have dropped so much!
![]()
This will be rolled out everywhere we are told to fill our spare time.
We are a parcel business now, yes?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
We are a parcel business eh moya?
-
motch
- Posts: 332
- Joined: 08 May 2008, 23:19
- Gender: Male
Re: We are a parcel business eh moya?
-
Sergeant Blast
- Posts: 140
- Joined: 24 Feb 2010, 22:09
- Gender: Male
- Location: Up North
Re: We are a parcel business eh moya?
Yeah I received it today. What is the point? What do they expect us to do with the information contained? If they are saying we have to somehow try harder...well I already do. Send me a courier special on how your going to stop bullying, when I will receive my revision payment, how much the pay increase will be or even where the hell are the shoes I've been waiting 2 months for. Then I may be interested.UnhappyGremlin wrote:I take it you all have received that courier special about RM parcel strategy? Definitely a parcel company. It says so. And we have been told umpteen times recently we are. Anyone else impressed that RM actually has a parcel strategy? Although, it does appear to be to lose as much work as possible as fast as they can.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: We are a parcel business eh moya?
I think the basic point as far as RM is concerned, is propaganda. The more they tell us something, they're hoping we'll start to believe it.Sergeant Blast wrote:Yeah I received it today. What is the point? What do they expect us to do with the information contained? If they are saying we have to somehow try harder...well I already do. Send me a courier special on how your going to stop bullying, when I will receive my revision payment, how much the pay increase will be or even where the hell are the shoes I've been waiting 2 months for. Then I may be interested.UnhappyGremlin wrote:I take it you all have received that courier special about RM parcel strategy? Definitely a parcel company. It says so. And we have been told umpteen times recently we are. Anyone else impressed that RM actually has a parcel strategy? Although, it does appear to be to lose as much work as possible as fast as they can.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
luddite
- Posts: 451
- Joined: 06 May 2008, 20:24
Re: We are a parcel business eh moya?
Makes perfect sense, lots of little vans going to all the farms, villages, towns with D2Ds why would you need a bloke in a huge Merc who doesn't know where he's going or that mrs Miggins goes to market on Wednesday or there's an ebay fanatic at no.6 who does not answer the door before noon, OK!
Makes perfect sense!
Makes perfect sense!
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: We are a parcel business eh moya?
Our parcels strategy has three parts:
1 Mugs oops I mean Customers
-> lowering customers' expectations
-> minimising choice
-> ramping up the prices
2 overcomplicated gadgets that don't help or Technology
-> personal tracking devices that give ample excuse for conduct codes
-> excuses for ramping up prices
-> ditto
Ah i got bored of that pretty quickly....
"We are making a big investment in the Royal Mail parcels business"
Who is 'We'? And where is the money, that we supposedly have none of, coming from?
1 Mugs oops I mean Customers
-> lowering customers' expectations
-> minimising choice
-> ramping up the prices
2 overcomplicated gadgets that don't help or Technology
-> personal tracking devices that give ample excuse for conduct codes
-> excuses for ramping up prices
-> ditto
Ah i got bored of that pretty quickly....
"We are making a big investment in the Royal Mail parcels business"
Who is 'We'? And where is the money, that we supposedly have none of, coming from?
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: We are a parcel business eh moya?
The managers bonus pool.Sidley wrote:Our parcels strategy has three parts:
1 Mugs oops I mean Customers
-> lowering customers' expectations
-> minimising choice
-> ramping up the prices
2 overcomplicated gadgets that don't help or Technology
-> personal tracking devices that give ample excuse for conduct codes
-> excuses for ramping up prices
-> ditto
Ah i got bored of that pretty quickly....
"We are making a big investment in the Royal Mail parcels business"
Who is 'We'? And where is the money, that we supposedly have none of, coming from?
More likely, us not getting a decent pay rise.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
bazzaboy48
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 14 Feb 2011, 22:13
- Gender: Male
Re: We are a parcel business eh moya?
if we are a parcel business why are we getting at least 4 sometimes 5 or 6 d2ds every sodding week?
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3371
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Re: We are a parcel business eh moya?
If RM is a parcel business does that make Parcelforce a letters business? 
The machine stops.
-
monkeymutha
- Posts: 317
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
- Gender: Female
- Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit
Re: We are a parcel business eh moya?
Dear Moya, if we are a parcel business how come we cannot doorstep them like other parcel businesses?
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: We are a parcel business eh moya?
Because of the compensation it would cost. Other couriers don't seem to pay out when mistakes happen. At least, I've not been compensated when I have had reason to complain to one of them. Which is just one reason I always try to ensure RM is the company used.monkeymutha wrote:Dear Moya, if we are a parcel business how come we cannot doorstep them like other parcel businesses?
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: We are a parcel business eh moya?
We're paid by the hour ... they're paid by the item ...monkeymutha wrote:Dear Moya, if we are a parcel business how come we cannot doorstep them like other parcel businesses?
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...