ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

We are a parcel business eh moya?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
motch
Posts: 332
Joined: 08 May 2008, 23:19
Gender: Male

Re: We are a parcel business eh moya?

Post by motch »

luddite wrote:Can't speak for the cities but PF do not deliver in rural areas now, they drop off a huge truck load of parcels of all sizes, shapes, weights and time sensitivity :wink: and poor old postie wedges them into a.clapped out old Combo because he has time 'cos mail volumes have dropped so much! :crazy:
This will be rolled out everywhere we are told to fill our spare time. :hmmmm
We are a parcel business now, yes?
ahh, thats why I had about 7 or 8 extra tracked parcels today with 24h or 48h on them. booked an extra hour and a bit of cut off too.
Sergeant Blast
Posts: 140
Joined: 24 Feb 2010, 22:09
Gender: Male
Location: Up North

Re: We are a parcel business eh moya?

Post by Sergeant Blast »

UnhappyGremlin wrote:I take it you all have received that courier special about RM parcel strategy? Definitely a parcel company. It says so. And we have been told umpteen times recently we are. Anyone else impressed that RM actually has a parcel strategy? Although, it does appear to be to lose as much work as possible as fast as they can. :crazy:
Yeah I received it today. What is the point? What do they expect us to do with the information contained? If they are saying we have to somehow try harder...well I already do. Send me a courier special on how your going to stop bullying, when I will receive my revision payment, how much the pay increase will be or even where the hell are the shoes I've been waiting 2 months for. Then I may be interested.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: We are a parcel business eh moya?

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

Sergeant Blast wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:I take it you all have received that courier special about RM parcel strategy? Definitely a parcel company. It says so. And we have been told umpteen times recently we are. Anyone else impressed that RM actually has a parcel strategy? Although, it does appear to be to lose as much work as possible as fast as they can. :crazy:
Yeah I received it today. What is the point? What do they expect us to do with the information contained? If they are saying we have to somehow try harder...well I already do. Send me a courier special on how your going to stop bullying, when I will receive my revision payment, how much the pay increase will be or even where the hell are the shoes I've been waiting 2 months for. Then I may be interested.
I think the basic point as far as RM is concerned, is propaganda. The more they tell us something, they're hoping we'll start to believe it.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
luddite
Posts: 451
Joined: 06 May 2008, 20:24

Re: We are a parcel business eh moya?

Post by luddite »

Makes perfect sense, lots of little vans going to all the farms, villages, towns with D2Ds why would you need a bloke in a huge Merc who doesn't know where he's going or that mrs Miggins goes to market on Wednesday or there's an ebay fanatic at no.6 who does not answer the door before noon, OK!
Makes perfect sense! :whistle
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: We are a parcel business eh moya?

Post by Sidley »

Our parcels strategy has three parts:

1 Mugs oops I mean Customers
-> lowering customers' expectations
-> minimising choice
-> ramping up the prices

2 overcomplicated gadgets that don't help or Technology
-> personal tracking devices that give ample excuse for conduct codes
-> excuses for ramping up prices
-> ditto

Ah i got bored of that pretty quickly....

"We are making a big investment in the Royal Mail parcels business"

Who is 'We'? And where is the money, that we supposedly have none of, coming from?
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: We are a parcel business eh moya?

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

Sidley wrote:Our parcels strategy has three parts:

1 Mugs oops I mean Customers
-> lowering customers' expectations
-> minimising choice
-> ramping up the prices

2 overcomplicated gadgets that don't help or Technology
-> personal tracking devices that give ample excuse for conduct codes
-> excuses for ramping up prices
-> ditto

Ah i got bored of that pretty quickly....

"We are making a big investment in the Royal Mail parcels business"

Who is 'We'? And where is the money, that we supposedly have none of, coming from?
The managers bonus pool. :left: :left: I wish.
More likely, us not getting a decent pay rise. :evil/mad
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
bazzaboy48
Posts: 2
Joined: 14 Feb 2011, 22:13
Gender: Male

Re: We are a parcel business eh moya?

Post by bazzaboy48 »

if we are a parcel business why are we getting at least 4 sometimes 5 or 6 d2ds every sodding week?
Mr Rush
Posts: 3371
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
Gender: Male

Re: We are a parcel business eh moya?

Post by Mr Rush »

If RM is a parcel business does that make Parcelforce a letters business? :roll:
The machine stops.
monkeymutha
Posts: 317
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
Gender: Female
Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit

Re: We are a parcel business eh moya?

Post by monkeymutha »

Dear Moya, if we are a parcel business how come we cannot doorstep them like other parcel businesses?
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: We are a parcel business eh moya?

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

monkeymutha wrote:Dear Moya, if we are a parcel business how come we cannot doorstep them like other parcel businesses?
Because of the compensation it would cost. Other couriers don't seem to pay out when mistakes happen. At least, I've not been compensated when I have had reason to complain to one of them. Which is just one reason I always try to ensure RM is the company used.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: We are a parcel business eh moya?

Post by RedBagMan »

monkeymutha wrote:Dear Moya, if we are a parcel business how come we cannot doorstep them like other parcel businesses?
We're paid by the hour ... they're paid by the item ...
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...