ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Lost PDA

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Lost PDA

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

I was also told they cost about £500 each, the rest of the cost, another £500, is actually the software on it. Someone saw RM coming.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
motch
Posts: 332
Joined: 08 May 2008, 23:19
Gender: Male

Re: Lost PDA

Post by motch »

So where do we stand if we refuse to use a PDA ?
ratchet
Posts: 210
Joined: 03 Dec 2012, 13:12
Gender: Male
Location: Buggered off to France

Re: Lost PDA

Post by ratchet »

motch wrote:So where do we stand if we refuse to use a PDA ?
Outside the managers office for a short while......... swiftly followed by the dole queue
I am no longer a number :-)
Zootsuit
Posts: 92
Joined: 07 Oct 2011, 19:49
Gender: Male

Re: Lost PDA

Post by Zootsuit »

Glenno wrote:Maybe this gives more clarity, section 19 of the Conduct Code

19 LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY
All losses of property (including cash or valuables) or damage to official property must be reported to the manager. Where loss or damage is clearly attributable to negligence or carelessness, or is deliberate, disciplinary action may be taken.

:wave :wave

also
Thanks Glenno, certainly gives clarity and is basically what my query was about. Clearly attributable to negligence or carelessness.
Mmmmm guess I'd have had difficulty arguing that I hadn't been careless the coupla times I've nearly lost mine.

Pen and paper, way to go! Usually works, quick, light, no battery to go flat and it can't call you, track you or cost you a load of dosh! :dance