ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?
-
martin2nd
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 09 Nov 2010, 11:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?
I tell myself jokes when I am delivering some are really funny ,But some I hav heard before.
-
anTi
- Posts: 380
- Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 15:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?
Same here. Perfectly normal and acceptable.ewancurze wrote:Constantly swearing i am,packets, recordeds etc but i always try to be cheerful to the public.
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?
am sooooooo glad to hear others do it. I'm constantly chatting to myself,
it's usually a practice of the rants I wish I had the guts to give to people in person
it's usually a practice of the rants I wish I had the guts to give to people in person
-
hampshireman
- Posts: 792
- Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?
Made me smile. Reminded me of the day that my useless , standless bike had fallen over for about the tenth time. Customer caught me kicking the sh1t out of it!!Lazycarton wrote:Mine is the piece of shite that masquerades as a bike (yup, still have a bikeewancurze wrote:Constantly swearing i am,packets, recordeds etc but i always try to be cheerful to the public.) DIM "oh the fact that it hasn't got a stand is irrelevant they don't need to have a stand"....yea so I have to keep hefting the thing into place against a wall, a hedge, anything else that will take the weight of a small car....how many times does it fall over, slide away...mail going everwhere...errr....every time you hear me curse "you f'ing useless piece of sh*t!!! AARRGGGH
But then that serene smile beams across my face to those lovely customers
How we laughed
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?
I do. It's the only way to guarantee a sensible and informative conversation. 
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?
fb1969 wrote: I asked msyelf this very question when I was out delivering this morning. Unfortunately I was talking to myself at the time, so didn't hear what my answer was
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
BoltonPostie
- Posts: 328
- Joined: 09 Jul 2007, 17:20
- Gender: Male
- Location: Up s**t creek.
Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?
I sometimes talk to two imaginary friends ....ones called Dave(who is a cockney spiv) and the other is called Billy.(who is a scouser bin dipper)...I usually end up telling them to piss off!
The grabbing hands
Grab all they can
All for themselves
After all
Grab all they can
All for themselves
After all
-
skull
- Posts: 450
- Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?
anTi wrote:Same here. Perfectly normal and acceptable.ewancurze wrote:Constantly swearing i am,packets, recordeds etc but i always try to be cheerful to the public.
Talking to yourself is all good and therapeutic, I wouldn't be able to fuction if I didn't talk to myself. I prefer to call it, thinking out loud. I think the real problems start when you start answering yourself.
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?
Glad it wasn't just me then...
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?
... or are you Steve "God" Hillage ...General Mannerheim wrote:No I talk to the trees.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4S2sFIDT6w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16730
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?
I report my findings back to the Mother Ship.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Vespacol
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 06 Jun 2011, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Kettering
Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?
No that is Suggs walking up your garden pathTheCobra wrote:I often do it, first sign of madness I am sure.
Work hard and do your best get the sack like all the rest !
-
Twitch
- Posts: 61
- Joined: 18 Jan 2013, 18:56
- Gender: Male
- Location: Middle Earth
Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?
I generally moan to myself about the people that order books, DVD's and so on then have the smallest letterbox you can think off.
Then I have a little chuckle to myself knowing they will have to go and collect them from the enquiry office.. As there is always a queue
and only 4 parking places and lots of traffic wardens.

Then I have a little chuckle to myself knowing they will have to go and collect them from the enquiry office.. As there is always a queue
and only 4 parking places and lots of traffic wardens.
-
justdeno
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
- Gender: Female
Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?
So true, glad i'm not alone on this subject. Also I decide what to buy shopping and what jobs to do when i get homeUnhappyGremlin wrote:I do. It's the only way to guarantee a sensible and informative conversation.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?
Gaunty on bbc 3 Counties radio a legend!doorstepped wrote:if only!!!jw1234 wrote:I like to talk to richard keys and andy gray
they like the sound of their own voices too much and have never had a listener talk on their show, I much preferred Porky and Townsend before them and, A very poor decision by TS. :(still rue the day Jon Gaunt was sacked