ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
martin2nd
Posts: 13
Joined: 09 Nov 2010, 11:58
Gender: Male

Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?

Post by martin2nd »

I tell myself jokes when I am delivering some are really funny ,But some I hav heard before.
anTi
Posts: 380
Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 15:54
Gender: Male

Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?

Post by anTi »

ewancurze wrote:Constantly swearing i am,packets, recordeds etc but i always try to be cheerful to the public.
Same here. Perfectly normal and acceptable.
crazyshrew
Posts: 584
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Coastal, South West

Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?

Post by crazyshrew »

am sooooooo glad to hear others do it. I'm constantly chatting to myself,
it's usually a practice of the rants I wish I had the guts to give to people in person
hampshireman
Posts: 792
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
Gender: Male

Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?

Post by hampshireman »

Lazycarton wrote:
ewancurze wrote:Constantly swearing i am,packets, recordeds etc but i always try to be cheerful to the public.
Mine is the piece of shite that masquerades as a bike (yup, still have a bike :Very Happy ) DIM "oh the fact that it hasn't got a stand is irrelevant they don't need to have a stand"....yea so I have to keep hefting the thing into place against a wall, a hedge, anything else that will take the weight of a small car....how many times does it fall over, slide away...mail going everwhere...errr....every time you hear me curse "you f'ing useless piece of sh*t!!! AARRGGGH

But then that serene smile beams across my face to those lovely customers :cool
Made me smile. Reminded me of the day that my useless , standless bike had fallen over for about the tenth time. Customer caught me kicking the sh1t out of it!!

How we laughed
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

I do. It's the only way to guarantee a sensible and informative conversation. :Very Happy
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?

Post by krussel »

fb1969 wrote: I asked msyelf this very question when I was out delivering this morning. Unfortunately I was talking to myself at the time, so didn't hear what my answer was

:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
BoltonPostie
Posts: 328
Joined: 09 Jul 2007, 17:20
Gender: Male
Location: Up s**t creek.

Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?

Post by BoltonPostie »

I sometimes talk to two imaginary friends ....ones called Dave(who is a cockney spiv) and the other is called Billy.(who is a scouser bin dipper)...I usually end up telling them to piss off!
The grabbing hands
Grab all they can
All for themselves
After all
skull
Posts: 450
Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?

Post by skull »

anTi wrote:
ewancurze wrote:Constantly swearing i am,packets, recordeds etc but i always try to be cheerful to the public.
Same here. Perfectly normal and acceptable.


Talking to yourself is all good and therapeutic, I wouldn't be able to fuction if I didn't talk to myself. I prefer to call it, thinking out loud. I think the real problems start when you start answering yourself.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?

Post by TeeferTiger »

Glad it wasn't just me then...
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?

Post by RedBagMan »

General Mannerheim wrote:No I talk to the trees.
... or are you Steve "God" Hillage ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4S2sFIDT6w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16730
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?

Post by clashcityrocker »

I report my findings back to the Mother Ship.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Vespacol
Posts: 33
Joined: 06 Jun 2011, 11:38
Gender: Male
Location: Kettering

Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?

Post by Vespacol »

TheCobra wrote:I often do it, first sign of madness I am sure.
No that is Suggs walking up your garden path :left:
Work hard and do your best get the sack like all the rest !
Twitch
Posts: 61
Joined: 18 Jan 2013, 18:56
Gender: Male
Location: Middle Earth

Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?

Post by Twitch »

I generally moan to myself about the people that order books, DVD's and so on then have the smallest letterbox you can think off.

Then I have a little chuckle to myself knowing they will have to go and collect them from the enquiry office.. As there is always a queue
and only 4 parking places and lots of traffic wardens.

:Very Happy
justdeno
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
Gender: Female

Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?

Post by justdeno »

UnhappyGremlin wrote:I do. It's the only way to guarantee a sensible and informative conversation. :Very Happy
So true, glad i'm not alone on this subject. Also I decide what to buy shopping and what jobs to do when i get home :Very Happy
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?

Post by Bahia Feliz »

doorstepped wrote:
jw1234 wrote:I like to talk to richard keys and andy gray :Very Happy
if only!!!

they like the sound of their own voices too much and have never had a listener talk on their show, I much preferred Porky and Townsend before them and
still rue the day Jon Gaunt was sacked
, A very poor decision by TS. :(
Gaunty on bbc 3 Counties radio a legend!