ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

People staring

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Anonymouse
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 174
Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
Gender: Male

Re: People staring

Post by Anonymouse »

Dj Silver wrote:Do you deliver to the shop? :shock:
:chuckle first thing i thought of when i read his post.

Never been stared at, that sounds weird. Get people coming to the door and talking to me if i'm covering for someone who has done the round for years. It's like the guy can't have a day off sometimes haha
newtimes
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 595
Joined: 16 Feb 2012, 14:10
Gender: Male

Re: People staring

Post by newtimes »

Start running when you here the banjo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG57q7YZdzA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lazycarton
Posts: 193
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:52
Gender: Male

Re: People staring

Post by Lazycarton »

I am more worried by the people I can't see :crazy: you know the "curtain twitchers" they're everywhere :wink:
Wessex
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1267
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20

Re: People staring

Post by Wessex »

newtimes wrote:Start running when you here the banjo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG57q7YZdzA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mountain Man: What do you want to do now?
Toothless Man: [grinning] He got a real pretty mouth ain't he?
Mountain Man: That's the truth
Toothless Man: [to Ed] You gonna do some prayin' for me, boy. And you better pray good.
Lateagainpostie
Posts: 393
Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 18:17
Gender: Male

Re: People staring

Post by Lateagainpostie »

I asked one woman why she stared at me, she laughed and said well one you're not wearing shorts, and your not running around either, I told her that I was excused shorts, and winked at her, then added that RM didn't pay me enough to run.
If you love Man Utd, you'll love my forum Talkingreds
fng
Posts: 462
Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 16:54
Gender: Male

Re: People staring

Post by fng »

Barbel wrote:
chrisj wrote:Barbel. why does your gender say 'male' :confused
Oops just changed. :Very Happy

From what I've been told ..... :nervous .... the operation can be quite expensive
Tripitaka: "You should live without fear. There's as much chance of good things as bad things."
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: People staring

Post by Barbel »

Ha ha I just tuck a few bits in here and there and you'd never know the difference. :chuckle
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: People staring

Post by maisymoo04 »

Barbel wrote:Ha ha I just tuck a few bits in here and there and you'd never know the difference. :chuckle
Barbs I would of took a pic but haven't got a camera mate for my very large head and nose ;liar ;liar ;liar ;liar :chuckle
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: People staring

Post by Darren Bent »

Some people like to give dirty look at reserve post delivery person or looking at the watch disapproving. I take no noticed of them.
postwoman1
Posts: 18
Joined: 13 Oct 2012, 17:08
Gender: Female

Re: People staring

Post by postwoman1 »

TheCobra wrote:YEs, people stare all the time, I also find some people are extremely fascinated by the LWT. It's like amaaaazing.
Yes I agree. Started my new round and using the LWT, one person stopped near where I was delivering and took a picture on their phone of my LWT.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: People staring

Post by maisymoo04 »

Prob wanted to sell it on e bay :chuckle
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: People staring

Post by krussel »

TheCobra wrote:YEs, people stare all the time, I also find some people are extremely fascinated by the LWT. It's like amaaaazing.

And the comments of course like " where does the baby go" and "can i stop you and buy one" etc etc :cuppa
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
motch
Posts: 332
Joined: 08 May 2008, 23:19
Gender: Male

Re: People staring

Post by motch »

beaker boy wrote:No i don't,it's quite a closed knit community,so maybe they just don't like strangers,very weird though.
are you a reserve postman?