ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Dodgy Knees :(

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TheCobra
Posts: 249
Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
Gender: Male

Re: Dodgy Knees :(

Post by TheCobra »

DirtyHarry wrote:
scoobydo79 wrote:
8 miles? I wish!!!!! Its 11.5 on our duties by the time were done !!!!
Crikey!
11.5 miles a day, EVERY DAY, you're knees won't take that kind of punishment for much longer.
8 miles are dooming mine with each passing day, and now I am looking to survive each month, let alone each year, in this stinking job.
I know what you mean about the surviving thing, that's how I feel a lot of the time with this job, just go month to month and see if I survive the various 'challenges'.
fly-catchers
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 573
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
Gender: Male

Re: Dodgy Knees :(

Post by fly-catchers »

Physio saids I have inflammed Knee caps (the area at the rear of the caps ) and advised not kneeling or crouching for at least 6 weeks. And offered injections to reduce the pain. Together with a number of exercises. Go back in 2 weeks. These cold winter and now snowy days don't help and can barely get up the stairs at work now! Somebody mentioned going off sick while I was sorting. The passing DIM said that was not a good idea!!
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: Dodgy Knees :(

Post by DirtyHarry »

fly-catchers wrote: Somebody mentioned going off sick while I was sorting. The passing DIM said that was not a good idea!!
Yeah, the lazy b'stard might end up having to do some REAL work, and take your round out. Can't have that, can he? :wink:
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: Dodgy Knees :(

Post by DirtyHarry »

TheCobra wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
Crikey!
11.5 miles a day, EVERY DAY, you're knees won't take that kind of punishment for much longer.
8 miles are dooming mine with each passing day, and now I am looking to survive each month, let alone each year, in this stinking job.
I know what you mean about the surviving thing, that's how I feel a lot of the time with this job, just go month to month and see if I survive the various 'challenges'.
Awful job this now, mate.
Made all the more awful, knowing there's fark all else out there, and so we are trapped in a daily, painful, living hell.
Still, would be worse, were it not for the CWU. :roll:
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Dodgy Knees :(

Post by Darren Bent »

know the feeling :(
2pints
Posts: 286
Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
Gender: Male

Re: Dodgy Knees :(

Post by 2pints »

Lose weight if you have any "spare fat" :Very Happy Basically,my knees used to give me issues but i lost over 2 stone and am now a slender,well oiled pain free machine :nana basically,get skinny.. less load and pressure on yar knee caps.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Dodgy Knees :(

Post by DGP1 »

DirtyHarry wrote:
scoobydo79 wrote:
8 miles? I wish!!!!! Its 11.5 on our duties by the time were done !!!!
Crikey!
11.5 miles a day, EVERY DAY, you're knees won't take that kind of punishment for much longer.
8 miles are dooming mine with each passing day, and now I am looking to survive each month, let alone each year, in this stinking job.
Mine is about 10 miles, with about 70% being hills and steps..............it's already broken 2 people in the office but I seem to be fine after 4 years :nervous


And now because I said that my knees are going to be FUBAR tomorrow :nervous :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Dodgy Knees :(

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
scoobydo79 wrote:
8 miles? I wish!!!!! Its 11.5 on our duties by the time were done !!!!
Crikey!
11.5 miles a day, EVERY DAY, you're knees won't take that kind of punishment for much longer.
8 miles are dooming mine with each passing day, and now I am looking to survive each month, let alone each year, in this stinking job.
Mine is about 10 miles, with about 70% being hills and steps..............it's already broken 2 people in the office but I seem to be fine after 4 years :nervous


And now because I said that my knees are going to be FUBAR tomorrow :nervous :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
Well I believe it depends on how much practice you've had on your knees..........erm :cuppa
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Dodgy Knees :(

Post by DGP1 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
scoobydo79 wrote:
8 miles? I wish!!!!! Its 11.5 on our duties by the time were done !!!!
Crikey!
11.5 miles a day, EVERY DAY, you're knees won't take that kind of punishment for much longer.
8 miles are dooming mine with each passing day, and now I am looking to survive each month, let alone each year, in this stinking job.
Mine is about 10 miles, with about 70% being hills and steps..............it's already broken 2 people in the office but I seem to be fine after 4 years :nervous


And now because I said that my knees are going to be FUBAR tomorrow :nervous :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
Well I believe it depends on how much practice you've had on your knees..........erm :cuppa
Well, you know better than most :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio