I know what you mean about the surviving thing, that's how I feel a lot of the time with this job, just go month to month and see if I survive the various 'challenges'.DirtyHarry wrote:Crikey!scoobydo79 wrote:
8 miles? I wish!!!!! Its 11.5 on our duties by the time were done !!!!
11.5 miles a day, EVERY DAY, you're knees won't take that kind of punishment for much longer.
8 miles are dooming mine with each passing day, and now I am looking to survive each month, let alone each year, in this stinking job.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Dodgy Knees :(
-
TheCobra
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Dodgy Knees :(
-
fly-catchers
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 573
- Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Dodgy Knees :(
Physio saids I have inflammed Knee caps (the area at the rear of the caps ) and advised not kneeling or crouching for at least 6 weeks. And offered injections to reduce the pain. Together with a number of exercises. Go back in 2 weeks. These cold winter and now snowy days don't help and can barely get up the stairs at work now! Somebody mentioned going off sick while I was sorting. The passing DIM said that was not a good idea!!
-
DirtyHarry
- Posts: 5051
- Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: Dodgy Knees :(
Yeah, the lazy b'stard might end up having to do some REAL work, and take your round out. Can't have that, can he?fly-catchers wrote: Somebody mentioned going off sick while I was sorting. The passing DIM said that was not a good idea!!
-
DirtyHarry
- Posts: 5051
- Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: Dodgy Knees :(
Awful job this now, mate.TheCobra wrote:I know what you mean about the surviving thing, that's how I feel a lot of the time with this job, just go month to month and see if I survive the various 'challenges'.DirtyHarry wrote:
Crikey!
11.5 miles a day, EVERY DAY, you're knees won't take that kind of punishment for much longer.
8 miles are dooming mine with each passing day, and now I am looking to survive each month, let alone each year, in this stinking job.
Made all the more awful, knowing there's fark all else out there, and so we are trapped in a daily, painful, living hell.
Still, would be worse, were it not for the CWU.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Dodgy Knees :(
know the feeling :(
-
2pints
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Dodgy Knees :(
Lose weight if you have any "spare fat"
Basically,my knees used to give me issues but i lost over 2 stone and am now a slender,well oiled pain free machine
basically,get skinny.. less load and pressure on yar knee caps.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Dodgy Knees :(
Mine is about 10 miles, with about 70% being hills and steps..............it's already broken 2 people in the office but I seem to be fine after 4 yearsDirtyHarry wrote:Crikey!scoobydo79 wrote:
8 miles? I wish!!!!! Its 11.5 on our duties by the time were done !!!!
11.5 miles a day, EVERY DAY, you're knees won't take that kind of punishment for much longer.
8 miles are dooming mine with each passing day, and now I am looking to survive each month, let alone each year, in this stinking job.
And now because I said that my knees are going to be FUBAR tomorrow
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Dodgy Knees :(
Well I believe it depends on how much practice you've had on your knees..........ermDGP1 wrote:Mine is about 10 miles, with about 70% being hills and steps..............it's already broken 2 people in the office but I seem to be fine after 4 yearsDirtyHarry wrote:Crikey!scoobydo79 wrote:
8 miles? I wish!!!!! Its 11.5 on our duties by the time were done !!!!
11.5 miles a day, EVERY DAY, you're knees won't take that kind of punishment for much longer.
8 miles are dooming mine with each passing day, and now I am looking to survive each month, let alone each year, in this stinking job.![]()
And now because I said that my knees are going to be FUBAR tomorrow![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Dodgy Knees :(
Well, you know better than mostdvbuk55 wrote:Well I believe it depends on how much practice you've had on your knees..........ermDGP1 wrote:Mine is about 10 miles, with about 70% being hills and steps..............it's already broken 2 people in the office but I seem to be fine after 4 yearsDirtyHarry wrote:Crikey!scoobydo79 wrote:
8 miles? I wish!!!!! Its 11.5 on our duties by the time were done !!!!
11.5 miles a day, EVERY DAY, you're knees won't take that kind of punishment for much longer.
8 miles are dooming mine with each passing day, and now I am looking to survive each month, let alone each year, in this stinking job.![]()
And now because I said that my knees are going to be FUBAR tomorrow![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio