ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
privitisation/park and loop
-
newtimes
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 595
- Joined: 16 Feb 2012, 14:10
- Gender: Male
Re: privitisation/park and loop
Reading the different posts, some p&l work others are a total nightmare. We have gone through a revision and all what they did was to join 4 deliveries into 2 deliveries and then made it P&L. It was voted in because most of the deliveries were not changed so the majority wanted it to get the payment. Its a total mess and the manager has now left. Its only working because of people coming in early, taking short cuts and using their own cars. Our revision is a failure due to the structure and not due to the concept. The structure failed due to weak leadership, will it improve with privatisation, I do not know but it will be linked to the framework of the delivery structure.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: privitisation/park and loop
The core problem is three-fold, most walks were created around the quiet "model week" period so that nobody would finish rediculously early around late July (instead of basing walk size on average day workloads and lapsing during the quiet periods); while management naively think that pushing a ~35Kg LWT (32Kg mail plus trolley frame) or a 104/125Kg HCT (~75Kg mail plus trolley weight) is no slower than carrying 16/11Kg pouches on the shoulder; with attendence packet call rates even outside Xmas now way beyond the model 3%.
-
pokos27
- Posts: 657
- Joined: 15 Apr 2010, 19:32
- Gender: Male
Re: privitisation/park and loop
it will be called tnt, conditions will be crap
-
Danelectro
- Posts: 1058
- Joined: 13 Apr 2008, 01:02
Re: privitisation/park and loop
the cost of getting planning permission from councils for the network of pouch boxes across the UK must have been phenomenal and I often think is there no way of finding a delivery system that can utilise that in some way and maybe greatly increase increase the size of some of the current boxes... The increase in vehicles used after a revision is incredible..i keep asking for figures for the transport costs before and after but of course nobody has a cluefishtank wrote:HCT's have huge terrain limitations,high maintenance costs and transferring them to and from vehicles should be avoided if possible because it's a high accident risk.clashcityrocker wrote:One postie - one High Capacity Trolley (MK 2), with proper vans to ensure conveyance out and back would work a lot better..
I don't think they are the solution either.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: privitisation/park and loop
I think some kind of hybrid version of park&loop using the boxes and trolleys could work.Danelectro wrote:the cost of getting planning permission from councils for the network of pouch boxes across the UK must have been phenomenal and I often think is there no way of finding a delivery system that can utilise that in some way and maybe greatly increase increase the size of some of the current boxes... The increase in vehicles used after a revision is incredible..i keep asking for figures for the transport costs before and after but of course nobody has a clue
Support duties wouldn't be needed if your partner is in the area anyway delivering oversized packets and tracked.
They better hurry up though,two of my boxes have died since P&L came in.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Danelectro
- Posts: 1058
- Joined: 13 Apr 2008, 01:02
Re: privitisation/park and loop
gee! and its been painted red! very poshfishtank wrote:I think some kind of hybrid version of park&loop using the boxes and trolleys could work.Danelectro wrote:the cost of getting planning permission from councils for the network of pouch boxes across the UK must have been phenomenal and I often think is there no way of finding a delivery system that can utilise that in some way and maybe greatly increase increase the size of some of the current boxes... The increase in vehicles used after a revision is incredible..i keep asking for figures for the transport costs before and after but of course nobody has a clue
Support duties wouldn't be needed if your partner is in the area anyway delivering oversized packets and tracked.
They better hurry up though,two of my boxes have died since P&L came in.
![]()
-
thefridge
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 17 Jan 2012, 11:01
- Gender: Male
Re: privitisation/park and loop
Its park and loop that will protect our jobs, idiot runners have done more harm over the years and I dare say still are in parts.halfull wrote:when privatization comes park and loop will be no longer as its the single biggest failure in royal mail history.
How can you call park and loop a failure when a look at the latest profits suggests otherwise...
Do your jobs properly, stop whining about having to work your full hours (some still do this I've heard) use the tools you've been given and stand up to managers who argue against you using methods we all agreed and your job will seem so much easier...
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: privitisation/park and loop
I suspect the real reason for profits is the exponential growth in packets, not P&L ;)thefridge wrote:Its park and loop that will protect our jobs, idiot runners have done more harm over the years and I dare say still are in parts.halfull wrote:when privatization comes park and loop will be no longer as its the single biggest failure in royal mail history.
How can you call park and loop a failure when a look at the latest profits suggests otherwise...
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16730
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: privitisation/park and loop
I suspect the real reason for profits is the sale of and merger of DOs and MCs.IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:I suspect the real reason for profits is the exponential growth in packets, not P&L ;)thefridge wrote:Its park and loop that will protect our jobs, idiot runners have done more harm over the years and I dare say still are in parts.halfull wrote:when privatization comes park and loop will be no longer as its the single biggest failure in royal mail history.
How can you call park and loop a failure when a look at the latest profits suggests otherwise...
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: privitisation/park and loop
I suspect the real reason for profits is not having to pay £250 million into the pension deficit.clashcityrocker wrote:I suspect the real reason for profits is the sale of and merger of DOs and MCs.IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:I suspect the real reason for profits is the exponential growth in packets, not P&L ;)thefridge wrote:Its park and loop that will protect our jobs, idiot runners have done more harm over the years and I dare say still are in parts.halfull wrote:when privatization comes park and loop will be no longer as its the single biggest failure in royal mail history.
How can you call park and loop a failure when a look at the latest profits suggests otherwise...
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
cyclemech1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 334
- Joined: 20 Jul 2009, 20:46
- Gender: Male
Re: privitisation/park and loop
I suspect the real reason for profits is the biggest rise in stamp prices ever.fishtank wrote:I suspect the real reason for profits is not having to pay £250 million into the pension deficit.clashcityrocker wrote:I suspect the real reason for profits is the sale of and merger of DOs and MCs.IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:I suspect the real reason for profits is the exponential growth in packets, not P&L ;)thefridge wrote:Its park and loop that will protect our jobs, idiot runners have done more harm over the years and I dare say still are in parts.halfull wrote:when privatization comes park and loop will be no longer as its the single biggest failure in royal mail history.
How can you call park and loop a failure when a look at the latest profits suggests otherwise...
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: privitisation/park and loop
The 30% price rise in first-class stamps, and 39% rise for second-class, mark the biggest annual increase in percentage terms since 1975.cyclemech1 wrote:I suspect the real reason for profits is the biggest rise in stamp prices ever.fishtank wrote:I suspect the real reason for profits is not having to pay £250 million into the pension deficit.clashcityrocker wrote:I suspect the real reason for profits is the sale of and merger of DOs and MCs.IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:I suspect the real reason for profits is the exponential growth in packets, not P&L ;)thefridge wrote:Its park and loop that will protect our jobs, idiot runners have done more harm over the years and I dare say still are in parts.halfull wrote:when privatization comes park and loop will be no longer as its the single biggest failure in royal mail history.
How can you call park and loop a failure when a look at the latest profits suggests otherwise...
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: privitisation/park and loop
Goody - that means the biggest pay rise of the century surely, I mean raking in all this money from stamps, no pension deficit and a huge hike in parcels and packets - whoopee, yep bring on the good timesTrueBlueTerrier wrote:The 30% price rise in first-class stamps, and 39% rise for second-class, mark the biggest annual increase in percentage terms since 1975.cyclemech1 wrote:I suspect the real reason for profits is the biggest rise in stamp prices ever.fishtank wrote:I suspect the real reason for profits is not having to pay £250 million into the pension deficit.clashcityrocker wrote:I suspect the real reason for profits is the sale of and merger of DOs and MCs.IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:I suspect the real reason for profits is the exponential growth in packets, not P&L ;)thefridge wrote:Its park and loop that will protect our jobs, idiot runners have done more harm over the years and I dare say still are in parts.halfull wrote:when privatization comes park and loop will be no longer as its the single biggest failure in royal mail history.
How can you call park and loop a failure when a look at the latest profits suggests otherwise...
-
PhilthyPhil
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15
Re: privitisation/park and loop
Royal Mail do not need planning permission for pouch boxes or post boxes. Although I think they probably do if it is in a conservation area, not 100% sure. All they need is the council to do a records check for any underground cables/pipes etc. The same thing applies to BT and their cabinets, they do not need planning permission for them.Danelectro wrote:
the cost of getting planning permission from councils for the network of pouch boxes across the UK must have been phenomenal and I often think is there no way of finding a delivery system that can utilise that in some way and maybe greatly increase increase the size of some of the current boxes... The increase in vehicles used after a revision is incredible..i keep asking for figures for the transport costs before and after but of course nobody has a clue
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32816
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: privitisation/park and loop
You do need planning permission,it's not a case of there is nothing underneath and off you go.
We had a lot of problems in 'the old days' getting pouch boxes put up round my way.
We had a lot of problems in 'the old days' getting pouch boxes put up round my way.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.