ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Busy Thursday?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dan1986ccfc
Posts: 63
Joined: 07 Dec 2009, 16:58
Gender: Male

Re: Busy Thursday?

Post by dan1986ccfc »

JiminyBillyBob wrote:Ok looks like I'll be cutting off tomorrow then, after the Christmas madness I've really had enough!
Just in case I'm still stuck in this job next year, Whats the best way to get time off in December?
Go sick :nana
JiminyBillyBob
Posts: 177
Joined: 26 Jun 2012, 21:06
Gender: Male

Re: Busy Thursday?

Post by JiminyBillyBob »

dan1986ccfc wrote:
JiminyBillyBob wrote:Ok looks like I'll be cutting off tomorrow then, after the Christmas madness I've really had enough!
Just in case I'm still stuck in this job next year, Whats the best way to get time off in December?
Go sick :nana
Thought so, think I'll even try to get out of the country for next Christmas
crazyshrew
Posts: 584
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Coastal, South West

Re: Busy Thursday?

Post by crazyshrew »

I wouldn't have said it was busy, but a total nightmare trying to keep to bag weights with all the BB's 24Studio catalogues and 5 D2D's, we were told we had two days to get them done so most of us ended leaving a couple of trays of the books behind
JiminyBillyBob
Posts: 177
Joined: 26 Jun 2012, 21:06
Gender: Male

Re: Busy Thursday?

Post by JiminyBillyBob »

Easy day! managed to combine 2 bags into 1, haven't been able to do that for a while! And only 4 parcels compared to like what the 40 last week, every day!
I must admit though it was quite a depressing shift, when it seems like everyone else is off till January 2nd. And all the decorations on houses that cheered me up before now seem so pointless and stupid once Christmas is over. :sad:
Biker Mouse
Posts: 543
Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 18:37
Gender: Male

Re: Busy Thursday?

Post by Biker Mouse »

crazyshrew wrote:I wouldn't have said it was busy, but a total nightmare trying to keep to bag weights with all the BB's 24Studio catalogues and 5 D2D's, we were told we had two days to get them done so most of us ended leaving a couple of trays of the books behind
BB's have 1 week for delivery so we were told today!
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: Busy Thursday?

Post by eastie »

BB's we were told 2 days but I only took 2 per bag .
Studio Mags were the killer today "Spring Sale" :shock:
Plus bloody Saga mags and other catalogues too many to mention
The bags were the heaviest I can remember and the LW trolley kept falling over when going round corners and kept jarring your shoulder everytime you went up and down kerbs. These LW trolleys are not man enough when you have large weights to pull
watdeadlyone
Posts: 71
Joined: 10 Apr 2008, 16:03

Re: Busy Thursday?

Post by watdeadlyone »

2 days then off till 14th , happy days :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Busy Thursday?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

JiminyBillyBob wrote:Easy day! managed to combine 2 bags into 1, haven't been able to do that for a while! And only 4 parcels compared to like what the 40 last week, every day!
I must admit though it was quite a depressing shift, when it seems like everyone else is off till January 2nd. And all the decorations on houses that cheered me up before now seem so pointless and stupid once Christmas is over. :sad:
Decorations on houses didn't cheer me up before Christmas, waste of time and electricity. :sad: .
Brainache
Posts: 394
Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 21:37
Gender: Male

Re: Busy Thursday?

Post by Brainache »

Biker Mouse wrote:
crazyshrew wrote:I wouldn't have said it was busy, but a total nightmare trying to keep to bag weights with all the BB's 24Studio catalogues and 5 D2D's, we were told we had two days to get them done so most of us ended leaving a couple of trays of the books behind
BB's have 1 week for delivery so we were told today!

Biker Mouse,
No BB`s(whatever they are) not much of anything - got my round into 2 trays with room for my sandwiches. Are you hiding it all at the mc ? Massive tomorrow maybe, up in the hills :nana :nana
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: Busy Thursday?

Post by Judgee »

JiminyBillyBob wrote:Ok looks like I'll be cutting off tomorrow then, after the Christmas madness I've really had enough!
Just in case I'm still stuck in this job next year, Whats the best way to get time off in December?

Go sick! :hmmmm
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
Biker Mouse
Posts: 543
Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 18:37
Gender: Male

Re: Busy Thursday?

Post by Biker Mouse »

Brains wrote:
Biker Mouse wrote:
crazyshrew wrote:I wouldn't have said it was busy, but a total nightmare trying to keep to bag weights with all the BB's 24Studio catalogues and 5 D2D's, we were told we had two days to get them done so most of us ended leaving a couple of trays of the books behind
BB's have 1 week for delivery so we were told today!

Biker Mouse,
No BB`s(whatever they are) not much of anything - got my round into 2 trays with room for my sandwiches. Are you hiding it all at the mc ? Massive tomorrow maybe, up in the hills :nana :nana

Nothing let loose today :crazy: , studio mags, BB's etc. hitting us tomorrow! :sad:
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12208
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Busy Thursday?

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Biker Mouse wrote:
Brains wrote:
Biker Mouse wrote:
crazyshrew wrote:I wouldn't have said it was busy, but a total nightmare trying to keep to bag weights with all the BB's 24Studio catalogues and 5 D2D's, we were told we had two days to get them done so most of us ended leaving a couple of trays of the books behind
BB's have 1 week for delivery so we were told today!

Biker Mouse,
No BB`s(whatever they are) not much of anything - got my round into 2 trays with room for my sandwiches. Are you hiding it all at the mc ? Massive tomorrow maybe, up in the hills :nana :nana

Nothing let loose today :crazy: , studio mags, BB's etc. hitting us tomorrow! :sad:
Plus a ton of online stuff (Amazon, Play.com, basically all the online retailers). Possibly a lot of specials tomorrow and then a load of Tracked Saturday
mailmonkey
Posts: 431
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 22:12
Gender: Male

Re: Busy Thursday?

Post by mailmonkey »

Yeah last couple of years I've noticed a big increase in packets in the first week or two of Jan, people spending Christmas cash, vouchers, people exchanging stuff, people buying accessories for their Christmas gifts...all sorts, but I expect the next couple of weeks to be packets and flats through the roof, (national Trust memberships :crazy:, saga flats with 6 brochures apiece :crazy: )