Go sickJiminyBillyBob wrote:Ok looks like I'll be cutting off tomorrow then, after the Christmas madness I've really had enough!
Just in case I'm still stuck in this job next year, Whats the best way to get time off in December?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Busy Thursday?
-
dan1986ccfc
- Posts: 63
- Joined: 07 Dec 2009, 16:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Busy Thursday?
-
JiminyBillyBob
- Posts: 177
- Joined: 26 Jun 2012, 21:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Busy Thursday?
Thought so, think I'll even try to get out of the country for next Christmasdan1986ccfc wrote:Go sickJiminyBillyBob wrote:Ok looks like I'll be cutting off tomorrow then, after the Christmas madness I've really had enough!
Just in case I'm still stuck in this job next year, Whats the best way to get time off in December?
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
Re: Busy Thursday?
I wouldn't have said it was busy, but a total nightmare trying to keep to bag weights with all the BB's 24Studio catalogues and 5 D2D's, we were told we had two days to get them done so most of us ended leaving a couple of trays of the books behind
-
JiminyBillyBob
- Posts: 177
- Joined: 26 Jun 2012, 21:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Busy Thursday?
Easy day! managed to combine 2 bags into 1, haven't been able to do that for a while! And only 4 parcels compared to like what the 40 last week, every day!
I must admit though it was quite a depressing shift, when it seems like everyone else is off till January 2nd. And all the decorations on houses that cheered me up before now seem so pointless and stupid once Christmas is over.
I must admit though it was quite a depressing shift, when it seems like everyone else is off till January 2nd. And all the decorations on houses that cheered me up before now seem so pointless and stupid once Christmas is over.
-
Biker Mouse
- Posts: 543
- Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 18:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Busy Thursday?
BB's have 1 week for delivery so we were told today!crazyshrew wrote:I wouldn't have said it was busy, but a total nightmare trying to keep to bag weights with all the BB's 24Studio catalogues and 5 D2D's, we were told we had two days to get them done so most of us ended leaving a couple of trays of the books behind
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Busy Thursday?
BB's we were told 2 days but I only took 2 per bag .
Studio Mags were the killer today "Spring Sale"
Plus bloody Saga mags and other catalogues too many to mention
The bags were the heaviest I can remember and the LW trolley kept falling over when going round corners and kept jarring your shoulder everytime you went up and down kerbs. These LW trolleys are not man enough when you have large weights to pull
Studio Mags were the killer today "Spring Sale"
Plus bloody Saga mags and other catalogues too many to mention
The bags were the heaviest I can remember and the LW trolley kept falling over when going round corners and kept jarring your shoulder everytime you went up and down kerbs. These LW trolleys are not man enough when you have large weights to pull
-
watdeadlyone
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 10 Apr 2008, 16:03
Re: Busy Thursday?
2 days then off till 14th , happy days

-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Busy Thursday?
Decorations on houses didn't cheer me up before Christmas, waste of time and electricity.JiminyBillyBob wrote:Easy day! managed to combine 2 bags into 1, haven't been able to do that for a while! And only 4 parcels compared to like what the 40 last week, every day!
I must admit though it was quite a depressing shift, when it seems like everyone else is off till January 2nd. And all the decorations on houses that cheered me up before now seem so pointless and stupid once Christmas is over.
-
Brainache
- Posts: 394
- Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 21:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Busy Thursday?
Biker Mouse wrote:BB's have 1 week for delivery so we were told today!crazyshrew wrote:I wouldn't have said it was busy, but a total nightmare trying to keep to bag weights with all the BB's 24Studio catalogues and 5 D2D's, we were told we had two days to get them done so most of us ended leaving a couple of trays of the books behind
Biker Mouse,
No BB`s(whatever they are) not much of anything - got my round into 2 trays with room for my sandwiches. Are you hiding it all at the mc ? Massive tomorrow maybe, up in the hills
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Busy Thursday?
JiminyBillyBob wrote:Ok looks like I'll be cutting off tomorrow then, after the Christmas madness I've really had enough!
Just in case I'm still stuck in this job next year, Whats the best way to get time off in December?
Go sick!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
Biker Mouse
- Posts: 543
- Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 18:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Busy Thursday?
Brains wrote:Biker Mouse wrote:BB's have 1 week for delivery so we were told today!crazyshrew wrote:I wouldn't have said it was busy, but a total nightmare trying to keep to bag weights with all the BB's 24Studio catalogues and 5 D2D's, we were told we had two days to get them done so most of us ended leaving a couple of trays of the books behind
Biker Mouse,
No BB`s(whatever they are) not much of anything - got my round into 2 trays with room for my sandwiches. Are you hiding it all at the mc ? Massive tomorrow maybe, up in the hills![]()
Nothing let loose today
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12208
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Busy Thursday?
Plus a ton of online stuff (Amazon, Play.com, basically all the online retailers). Possibly a lot of specials tomorrow and then a load of Tracked SaturdayBiker Mouse wrote:Brains wrote:Biker Mouse wrote:BB's have 1 week for delivery so we were told today!crazyshrew wrote:I wouldn't have said it was busy, but a total nightmare trying to keep to bag weights with all the BB's 24Studio catalogues and 5 D2D's, we were told we had two days to get them done so most of us ended leaving a couple of trays of the books behind
Biker Mouse,
No BB`s(whatever they are) not much of anything - got my round into 2 trays with room for my sandwiches. Are you hiding it all at the mc ? Massive tomorrow maybe, up in the hills![]()
Nothing let loose today, studio mags, BB's etc. hitting us tomorrow!
-
mailmonkey
- Posts: 431
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 22:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Busy Thursday?
Yeah last couple of years I've noticed a big increase in packets in the first week or two of Jan, people spending Christmas cash, vouchers, people exchanging stuff, people buying accessories for their Christmas gifts...all sorts, but I expect the next couple of weeks to be packets and flats through the roof, (national Trust memberships
, saga flats with 6 brochures apiece
)