ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Who will be working on Xmas eve?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Re: Who will be working on Xmas eve?

Post by doorstepped »

TheCobra wrote:I'm in Monday, but off Thursday, happy enough with that, would rather it that way to be honest.
same here, I recon Thursday will be a right B'stard
snappychann
Posts: 3
Joined: 21 Dec 2011, 21:42
Gender: Male

Re: Who will be working on Xmas eve?

Post by snappychann »

Rotation week off :nana :nana :nana
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Who will be working on Xmas eve?

Post by Bahia Feliz »

cyberheater wrote:
TheCobra wrote:I'm in Monday, but off Thursday, happy enough with that, would rather it that way to be honest.
My day off falls on Tue next week and Wed the week after. I'm gutted :sad:
Least you will have 2 days off 1st and 2nd of Jan,and a day in lieu for Xmas day
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: Who will be working on Xmas eve?

Post by DirtyHarry »

Merry Christmas everybody!!!!!! :dance
cyberheater
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 274
Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 18:36
Gender: Male

Re: Who will be working on Xmas eve?

Post by cyberheater »

Bahia Feliz wrote:
cyberheater wrote:
TheCobra wrote:I'm in Monday, but off Thursday, happy enough with that, would rather it that way to be honest.
My day off falls on Tue next week and Wed the week after. I'm gutted :sad:
Least you will have 2 days off 1st and 2nd of Jan,and a day in lieu for Xmas day
I think I get a day in Lieu for Xmas and for the 2nd Jan.
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Who will be working on Xmas eve?

Post by Lincox »

Yeah, but it,s cold in Lew this time of year. :Very Happy Happy Christmas everyone.
borgpicard
Posts: 486
Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
Gender: Male

Re: Who will be working on Xmas eve?

Post by borgpicard »

watch the f***ing managers vanish as soon as we all go out on our deliveries, wont see them when we get back late :silenced
Grinder64
Posts: 245
Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 17:54
Gender: Male

Re: Who will be working on Xmas eve?

Post by Grinder64 »

crazyshrew wrote:i'm one of the lucky few - amazingly i'm on a proper long weekend (could have something to do with not having had one all year) however, being a chronic insomniac and the office being just 30 seconds i have promised to take in hot mice pies with custard/cream for everyone.

fyi - i work in one of those very rare offices where we actually all like each other :shock:
Mice pies? Nothing for the vegetarians then :no no ??
You do the work, they get the loot. The men with the smiles and the 3 piece suits.
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: Who will be working on Xmas eve?

Post by Judgee »

TheCobra wrote:I'm in Monday, but off Thursday, happy enough with that, would rather it that way to be honest.
Same here! :nana
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
eric the viking
PARCELFORCE
Posts: 228
Joined: 01 Oct 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: south west

Re: Who will be working on Xmas eve?

Post by eric the viking »

Every delivery driver at Parcelforce.
Duckins
Posts: 17
Joined: 12 Nov 2012, 08:22
Gender: Male

Re: Who will be working on Xmas eve?

Post by Duckins »

Its my day off today and monday but have been told that they have changed my monday to another day....not happy to say the least :sad:
NWpostie
Posts: 3622
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: Who will be working on Xmas eve?

Post by NWpostie »

:nana Long weekend for me :Very Happy :Very Happy

My :funneh boss :left: asked me to come in delivery my answer was :speak to the hand :Boo hoo! :wave :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Who will be working on Xmas eve?

Post by dvbuk55 »

I finished at 8 am and will not be returning until 2nd January because I deserve it, have finished the vast majority of all shopping chores, just some meat and sundries from the Butchers, which have already been paid for, to collect on Monday. Entertaining family on Xmas day though :roll: Keep saying we'll have christmas lunch out but it never happens.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Who will be working on Xmas eve?

Post by krussel »

My weekend off so not back to the 27th. :thumbup
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Who will be working on Xmas eve?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Pat Ostman wrote:
cyberheater wrote:Yep. Will be working and I know it will be a packet heavy and tons of recordings. I just hope there are no D2D's. :pray
There will be
There is for me :sad: :sad:
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.