ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?

Post by dvbuk55 »

hotxbun wrote:Not being successful at interview doesn't necessarily mean that's it. I was too initially, but got a phone call out of the blue a couple of weeks later asking if I was still interested. Seems a few they did take on either didn't show or lasted less than a week !
I would definitely think twice though, if they do come back to you. You come across as having a bit of "nouse" - they don't like that, don't like being "challenged" when they manipulate the rules, as I found out to my cost. And yes, I am bitter. :so there
Are you still with them hottie?
Indy
Posts: 977
Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
Gender: Male

Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?

Post by Indy »

hotxbun wrote: but got a phone call out of the blue a couple of weeks later asking if I was still interested.
I'm so sorry but I've spent the last 15 minutes laughing at this.... you must have felt so wanted... any idea how many turned down the job before you got the offer? <fx: shrieks with laughter >

I'm so sorry!
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?

Post by stokes11eg »

[quote="hotxbun"]Not being successful at interview doesn't necessarily mean that's it. I was too initially, but got a phone call out of the blue a couple of weeks later asking if I was still interested. Seems a few they did take on either didn't show or lasted less than a week !
I would definitely think twice though, if they do come back to you. You come across as having a bit of "nouse" - they don't like that, don't like being "challenged" when they manipulate the rules, as I found out to my cost. And yes, I am bitter. :so there
:sad: Sorry Op, but they have done you a favour in turning you down!
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?

Post by krussel »

jb7445 wrote:I was also pretty smartly dressed so maybe that was a problem too
I only mentioned that because i had a mate a couple of years back who lost his job as a car salesman. He was getting desperate slipping behind on the mortgage etc so i put a word in for him at another office where i knew for certain they were short of staff. He got an interview but was turned down :shock:

I honed a friend at the office and asked if he would find out why he was rejected. The manager said he was dressed way too smart and did not look the sort who would want to deliver in the rain (prob very true actually).

So i would say just trousers and a shirt would be enough.
hotxbun wrote:You come across as having a bit of "nouse
What's a nouse :hmmmm
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?

Post by fishtank »

krussel wrote: What's a nouse :hmmmm

1. nouse
know-how; practical skills :Very Happy
She was self-reliant and had the nouse to get the job done.

2. nouse
A non-spouse. :confused
Kimberly is not his wife! George is already married. Kimberly is George's nouse.

3. Nouse
Portland Oregon slang term for penis. Derived from Pen-nouse. :shock: :left:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16726
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?

Post by clashcityrocker »

krussel wrote:
I honed a friend
What is the meaning of "honed a friend?"
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

clashcityrocker wrote:
krussel wrote:
I honed a friend
What is the meaning of "honed a friend?"
its a phone thats had the pee taken out of it :chuckle :chuckle
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
hotxbun
Posts: 67
Joined: 30 Dec 2010, 12:24
Gender: Female

Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?

Post by hotxbun »

dvbuk55 wrote:Are you still with them hottie?
Nope. Dismissed, for gross misconduct. :crazy: Waiting on an appeal date.
Indy wrote:
hotxbun wrote: but got a phone call out of the blue a couple of weeks later asking if I was still interested.
I'm so sorry but I've spent the last 15 minutes laughing at this.... you must have felt so wanted... any idea how many turned down the job before you got the offer? <fx: shrieks with laughter >

I'm so sorry!
Actually, I have to agree. I did wonder that myself at the time ... :cool
krussel wrote:
hotxbun wrote:You come across as having a bit of "nouse
What's a nouse :hmmmm
:whistle
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?

Post by krussel »

clashcityrocker wrote:
krussel wrote:
I honed a friend
What is the meaning of "honed a friend?"
Sound's bit like "boned" a friend :shock: Stand by for DGP and his mate :left:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?

Post by dvbuk55 »

hotxbun wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:Are you still with them hottie?
Nope. Dismissed, for gross misconduct. :crazy: Waiting on an appeal date.
Had a feeling that was the case...............good luck.
hotxbun
Posts: 67
Joined: 30 Dec 2010, 12:24
Gender: Female

Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?

Post by hotxbun »

dvbuk55 wrote: Had a feeling that was the case...............good luck.
Cheers fellah :wave
Poundcoin
Posts: 2
Joined: 22 Nov 2012, 12:13
Gender: Male

Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?

Post by Poundcoin »

Hi,

I too 'failed' the Royal Mail Interview and wondered whom to contact in relation to getting feedback as to why I failed. Apparently, you can (I asked this at the end of the interview), however, the feedback does not come from Royal Mail itself but rather an agency (maybe Reed) based in Sheffield. Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks
cyberheater
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 274
Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 18:36
Gender: Male

Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?

Post by cyberheater »

I wouldn't worry about failing the interview. There are loads of folk that start that never last the week. Keep applying.
clumsycourier
Posts: 5
Joined: 12 Dec 2012, 17:53
Gender: Female

Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?

Post by clumsycourier »

Hi, I failed an interview with RM this week, I was interviewed by a really nice lady and I thought it went really well, as an ex courier (hermes)I thought my experience was relevant, I dressed smartly, answered the questions correctly (it seemed) and thought Id at least get on the waiting list, but the email says I cant apply again until 6 months have passed. Any advise appreciated.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?

Post by dvbuk55 »

You could always ask for feedback, it would do 2 things imo, it would show an added interest and give you an insight into what if anything contributed to the rejection. It may just be that there was an oversubscription and they found enough suitable candidates for the immediate future.