Are you still with them hottie?hotxbun wrote:Not being successful at interview doesn't necessarily mean that's it. I was too initially, but got a phone call out of the blue a couple of weeks later asking if I was still interested. Seems a few they did take on either didn't show or lasted less than a week !
I would definitely think twice though, if they do come back to you. You come across as having a bit of "nouse" - they don't like that, don't like being "challenged" when they manipulate the rules, as I found out to my cost. And yes, I am bitter.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?
I'm so sorry but I've spent the last 15 minutes laughing at this.... you must have felt so wanted... any idea how many turned down the job before you got the offer? <fx: shrieks with laughter >hotxbun wrote: but got a phone call out of the blue a couple of weeks later asking if I was still interested.
I'm so sorry!
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?
[quote="hotxbun"]Not being successful at interview doesn't necessarily mean that's it. I was too initially, but got a phone call out of the blue a couple of weeks later asking if I was still interested. Seems a few they did take on either didn't show or lasted less than a week !
I would definitely think twice though, if they do come back to you. You come across as having a bit of "nouse" - they don't like that, don't like being "challenged" when they manipulate the rules, as I found out to my cost. And yes, I am bitter.
Sorry Op, but they have done you a favour in turning you down!
I would definitely think twice though, if they do come back to you. You come across as having a bit of "nouse" - they don't like that, don't like being "challenged" when they manipulate the rules, as I found out to my cost. And yes, I am bitter.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?
I only mentioned that because i had a mate a couple of years back who lost his job as a car salesman. He was getting desperate slipping behind on the mortgage etc so i put a word in for him at another office where i knew for certain they were short of staff. He got an interview but was turned downjb7445 wrote:I was also pretty smartly dressed so maybe that was a problem too
I honed a friend at the office and asked if he would find out why he was rejected. The manager said he was dressed way too smart and did not look the sort who would want to deliver in the rain (prob very true actually).
So i would say just trousers and a shirt would be enough.
What's a nousehotxbun wrote:You come across as having a bit of "nouse
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?
krussel wrote: What's a nouse
1. nouse
know-how; practical skills
She was self-reliant and had the nouse to get the job done.
2. nouse
A non-spouse.
Kimberly is not his wife! George is already married. Kimberly is George's nouse.
3. Nouse
Portland Oregon slang term for penis. Derived from Pen-nouse.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16726
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?
What is the meaning of "honed a friend?"krussel wrote:
I honed a friend
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?
its a phone thats had the pee taken out of itclashcityrocker wrote:What is the meaning of "honed a friend?"krussel wrote:
I honed a friend
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
hotxbun
- Posts: 67
- Joined: 30 Dec 2010, 12:24
- Gender: Female
Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?
Nope. Dismissed, for gross misconduct.dvbuk55 wrote:Are you still with them hottie?
Actually, I have to agree. I did wonder that myself at the time ...Indy wrote:I'm so sorry but I've spent the last 15 minutes laughing at this.... you must have felt so wanted... any idea how many turned down the job before you got the offer? <fx: shrieks with laughter >hotxbun wrote: but got a phone call out of the blue a couple of weeks later asking if I was still interested.
I'm so sorry!
krussel wrote:What's a nousehotxbun wrote:You come across as having a bit of "nouse
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?
Sound's bit like "boned" a friendclashcityrocker wrote:What is the meaning of "honed a friend?"krussel wrote:
I honed a friend
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?
Had a feeling that was the case...............good luck.hotxbun wrote:Nope. Dismissed, for gross misconduct.dvbuk55 wrote:Are you still with them hottie?Waiting on an appeal date.
-
hotxbun
- Posts: 67
- Joined: 30 Dec 2010, 12:24
- Gender: Female
Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?
Cheers fellahdvbuk55 wrote: Had a feeling that was the case...............good luck.
-
Poundcoin
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 22 Nov 2012, 12:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?
Hi,
I too 'failed' the Royal Mail Interview and wondered whom to contact in relation to getting feedback as to why I failed. Apparently, you can (I asked this at the end of the interview), however, the feedback does not come from Royal Mail itself but rather an agency (maybe Reed) based in Sheffield. Any advice would be most appreciated.
Thanks
I too 'failed' the Royal Mail Interview and wondered whom to contact in relation to getting feedback as to why I failed. Apparently, you can (I asked this at the end of the interview), however, the feedback does not come from Royal Mail itself but rather an agency (maybe Reed) based in Sheffield. Any advice would be most appreciated.
Thanks
-
cyberheater
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 274
- Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 18:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?
I wouldn't worry about failing the interview. There are loads of folk that start that never last the week. Keep applying.
-
clumsycourier
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 12 Dec 2012, 17:53
- Gender: Female
Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?
Hi, I failed an interview with RM this week, I was interviewed by a really nice lady and I thought it went really well, as an ex courier (hermes)I thought my experience was relevant, I dressed smartly, answered the questions correctly (it seemed) and thought Id at least get on the waiting list, but the email says I cant apply again until 6 months have passed. Any advise appreciated.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Reapplying after unsuccessful interview?
You could always ask for feedback, it would do 2 things imo, it would show an added interest and give you an insight into what if anything contributed to the rejection. It may just be that there was an oversubscription and they found enough suitable candidates for the immediate future.