Its funny on the 318 it states 'as directed', the break is obviously the only thing management don't enforce on that list.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Do u eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Do u eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work
I never normally have breakfast but now I've got my all singing/dancing toaster(see random thread) I have something to eat before I leave for work now.
Its funny on the 318 it states 'as directed', the break is obviously the only thing management don't enforce on that list.
Its funny on the 318 it states 'as directed', the break is obviously the only thing management don't enforce on that list.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
mr ford
- Posts: 129
- Joined: 25 Oct 2012, 14:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: grimsby
Re: Do u eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work
i have a double egg omelette and fried bread every morning on IPS
mouse
-
freelunch
- Posts: 358
- Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:39
- Gender: Male
Re: Do u eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work
4 weetabix and a glass of fresh orange juice for breakfast at home, toast break to split boring prep times at the d.o.
bananas are a very popular break in delivery choice for posties at our depot, i usually have a couple myself.
bananas are a very popular break in delivery choice for posties at our depot, i usually have a couple myself.
"Everybody has a plan.. until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
-
mr ford
- Posts: 129
- Joined: 25 Oct 2012, 14:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: grimsby
Re: Do u eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work
sultanas are popular in our office i have 400 grms a dayfreelunch wrote:4 weetabix and a glass of fresh orange juice for breakfast at home, toast break to split boring prep times at the d.o.
bananas are a very popular break in delivery choice for posties at our depot, i usually have a couple myself.
mouse
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Do u eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work
Get me chockies down at Liddls now. Packet of 8 Peanut Chocolate bars (as good as snickers) and packet of Caramel Chocolate Bars (like mars bar) cost £2.69p for the two packs. 1 bar of snickers at local Spar costs 71p (robbing bstrds)
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Do u eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work
Maybe a few Sausage, Chips And Beans in some parts of the country soon. 
-
BingBong
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 755
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: the north
Re: Do u eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work
everyone has time for a break. take your break!wazz wrote:I was wondering if u guys/girls eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work or do u guys eat in the canteen.
Everyday before I go to work I eat "2 weatabix and 2 boiled eggs" at home
I never take a break and don't have time for a break
Toon Army!
-
da'bunny
- Posts: 239
- Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47
Re: Do u eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work
Big bowl of cereal and a cuppa before i go to work. Cant function without a cuppa in the morning! I have a apple and bottle of water at work then lunch when i get home.
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.
-
cyberheater
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 274
- Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 18:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Do u eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work
A big bowl of porridge does me just fine in the morning. And I eat a late lunch when I get home.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Do u eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work
A good black coffee, not instant, does me just fine in the morning.cyberheater wrote:A big bowl of porridge does me just fine in the morning. And I eat a late lunch when I get home.
-
BingBong
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 755
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: the north
Re: Do u eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work
i dont get why people dont take their break!!! just makes it harder for the people that do take it. eurgh. whats the point.
Toon Army!
-
JiminyBillyBob
- Posts: 177
- Joined: 26 Jun 2012, 21:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Do u eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work
I never take a break, so i can get home earlier and eat lunch in a nice warm house rather than on the streets, no such luxury as a cafe or anything like that on my round.BrokenFlowers wrote:i dont get why people dont take their break!!! just makes it harder for the people that do take it. eurgh. whats the point.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Do u eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work
"get home earlier" - not when they find you more work for you to do to use up the time.JiminyBillyBob wrote:I never take a break, so i can get home earlier and eat lunch in a nice warm house rather than on the streets, no such luxury as a cafe or anything like that on my round.BrokenFlowers wrote:i dont get why people dont take their break!!! just makes it harder for the people that do take it. eurgh. whats the point.
-
whatamess!!
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 13 Jan 2011, 17:43
- Gender: Female
Re: Do u eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work
All office are clearly run differently, if the DOM is happy for you to finish before your time say 12.50 in stead of the official 13.30, some will say what's the problem with that? I totally agree that people should not work a full 7 hours with no break, but members will have a cuppa and slice of toast and feel that is sufficient, they will then get home by 1pm. The CWU will never stop this practice whilst royal mail never challenge people finishing early. Now some offices clearly have DOM's who would make people work to their time regardless of a break, now in those circumstances the break is a must have before you go out on delivery or you will be working for nothing
. Some office's do have fairly decent DOM's, I know it's hard to believe!!
-
Redyam
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 97
- Joined: 27 Sep 2009, 23:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Do u eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work
I never take my break in the office - I take it later during the delivery, when I'm tired and actually need a break.
I can't stand listening to all the whining that goes off, the gossip, the 'oh I'm so hard done to', and the righteous indignation of those that believe their way is he right way, that goes off in the office break room.
I eat my breakfast before I come in: porridge made with full cream milk, with a chopped banana, a few sultanas, and some kind of bran cereal mixed in. Then another bowl of cereal.
I can't stand listening to all the whining that goes off, the gossip, the 'oh I'm so hard done to', and the righteous indignation of those that believe their way is he right way, that goes off in the office break room.
I eat my breakfast before I come in: porridge made with full cream milk, with a chopped banana, a few sultanas, and some kind of bran cereal mixed in. Then another bowl of cereal.