ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Do u eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Do u eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work

Post by Stormproof »

I never normally have breakfast but now I've got my all singing/dancing toaster(see random thread) I have something to eat before I leave for work now.

Its funny on the 318 it states 'as directed', the break is obviously the only thing management don't enforce on that list. :no no
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
mr ford
Posts: 129
Joined: 25 Oct 2012, 14:29
Gender: Male
Location: grimsby

Re: Do u eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work

Post by mr ford »

i have a double egg omelette and fried bread every morning on IPS
mouse
freelunch
Posts: 358
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:39
Gender: Male

Re: Do u eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work

Post by freelunch »

4 weetabix and a glass of fresh orange juice for breakfast at home, toast break to split boring prep times at the d.o.
bananas are a very popular break in delivery choice for posties at our depot, i usually have a couple myself.
"Everybody has a plan.. until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
mr ford
Posts: 129
Joined: 25 Oct 2012, 14:29
Gender: Male
Location: grimsby

Re: Do u eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work

Post by mr ford »

freelunch wrote:4 weetabix and a glass of fresh orange juice for breakfast at home, toast break to split boring prep times at the d.o.
bananas are a very popular break in delivery choice for posties at our depot, i usually have a couple myself.
sultanas are popular in our office i have 400 grms a day
mouse
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Do u eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work

Post by Lincox »

Get me chockies down at Liddls now. Packet of 8 Peanut Chocolate bars (as good as snickers) and packet of Caramel Chocolate Bars (like mars bar) cost £2.69p for the two packs. 1 bar of snickers at local Spar costs 71p (robbing bstrds)
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Do u eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Maybe a few Sausage, Chips And Beans in some parts of the country soon. :sad:
BingBong
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 755
Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
Gender: Female
Location: the north

Re: Do u eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work

Post by BingBong »

wazz wrote:I was wondering if u guys/girls eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work or do u guys eat in the canteen.

Everyday before I go to work I eat "2 weatabix and 2 boiled eggs" at home

I never take a break and don't have time for a break
everyone has time for a break. take your break!
Toon Army!
da'bunny
Posts: 239
Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47

Re: Do u eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work

Post by da'bunny »

Big bowl of cereal and a cuppa before i go to work. Cant function without a cuppa in the morning! I have a apple and bottle of water at work then lunch when i get home.
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.
cyberheater
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 274
Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 18:36
Gender: Male

Re: Do u eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work

Post by cyberheater »

A big bowl of porridge does me just fine in the morning. And I eat a late lunch when I get home.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Do u eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work

Post by Lounge Lizard »

cyberheater wrote:A big bowl of porridge does me just fine in the morning. And I eat a late lunch when I get home.
A good black coffee, not instant, does me just fine in the morning. :nana :nana
BingBong
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 755
Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
Gender: Female
Location: the north

Re: Do u eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work

Post by BingBong »

i dont get why people dont take their break!!! just makes it harder for the people that do take it. eurgh. whats the point.
Toon Army!
JiminyBillyBob
Posts: 177
Joined: 26 Jun 2012, 21:06
Gender: Male

Re: Do u eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work

Post by JiminyBillyBob »

BrokenFlowers wrote:i dont get why people dont take their break!!! just makes it harder for the people that do take it. eurgh. whats the point.
I never take a break, so i can get home earlier and eat lunch in a nice warm house rather than on the streets, no such luxury as a cafe or anything like that on my round.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Do u eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work

Post by Lounge Lizard »

JiminyBillyBob wrote:
BrokenFlowers wrote:i dont get why people dont take their break!!! just makes it harder for the people that do take it. eurgh. whats the point.
I never take a break, so i can get home earlier and eat lunch in a nice warm house rather than on the streets, no such luxury as a cafe or anything like that on my round.
"get home earlier" - not when they find you more work for you to do to use up the time. :nana
whatamess!!
Posts: 279
Joined: 13 Jan 2011, 17:43
Gender: Female

Re: Do u eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work

Post by whatamess!! »

All office are clearly run differently, if the DOM is happy for you to finish before your time say 12.50 in stead of the official 13.30, some will say what's the problem with that? I totally agree that people should not work a full 7 hours with no break, but members will have a cuppa and slice of toast and feel that is sufficient, they will then get home by 1pm. The CWU will never stop this practice whilst royal mail never challenge people finishing early. Now some offices clearly have DOM's who would make people work to their time regardless of a break, now in those circumstances the break is a must have before you go out on delivery or you will be working for nothing :crazy: . Some office's do have fairly decent DOM's, I know it's hard to believe!!
Redyam
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 97
Joined: 27 Sep 2009, 23:12
Gender: Male

Re: Do u eat breakfast at home or not before u go to work

Post by Redyam »

I never take my break in the office - I take it later during the delivery, when I'm tired and actually need a break.

I can't stand listening to all the whining that goes off, the gossip, the 'oh I'm so hard done to', and the righteous indignation of those that believe their way is he right way, that goes off in the office break room.

I eat my breakfast before I come in: porridge made with full cream milk, with a chopped banana, a few sultanas, and some kind of bran cereal mixed in. Then another bowl of cereal.