ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Saturday's d2ds

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Saturday's d2ds

Post by fishtank »

Don't know whether to laugh or cry at this thread.
Do u throw ur d2ds in or not ?
No it's just you mate.
That should tell a story in itself.
If i knew where you lived i'd send you a jigsaw or a crossword book just to give you something better to do on a saturday afternoon.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
R@YAL F@IL
Posts: 448
Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: Saturday's d2ds

Post by R@YAL F@IL »

I've heard everything now :speak to the hand :no no :pray :so there :hmmmm :arrrghhh :shock: :sad:
NO bags on shoulders please except for Moya who keeps her big fat wage packet in hers
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Saturday's d2ds

Post by krussel »

Christ :d'oh!

No I don’t touch them till Monday when I put in 20 % and then clear them down on delivery. If you load the frame up on Saturday you are just showing the Dom that you have spare time to laspe as no NORMAL person would sit and do this in their own time.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
dubdaz
Posts: 264
Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 15:55
Gender: Male
Location: london borough in kent

Re: Saturday's d2ds

Post by dubdaz »

R@YAL F@IL wrote:I've heard everything now :speak to the hand :no no :pray :so there :hmmmm :arrrghhh :shock: :sad:
I caught a saddo from my DO delivering his d2ds where I live on a SUNDAY! :crazy:
Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing.
docket
Posts: 31
Joined: 30 Dec 2008, 00:11
Gender: Male

Re: Saturday's d2ds

Post by docket »

Some sad idiots at LS8 take them home!!!!!!
dblad
Posts: 448
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 18:26
Gender: Male

Re: Saturday's d2ds

Post by dblad »

5,6,7 or 8, christ, most we get is 1 and thats rare.
Hitcher
Posts: 1540
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: Saturday's d2ds

Post by Hitcher »

docket wrote:Some sad idiots at LS8 take them home!!!!!!
That's favourite at our office - take them home and get the kids to nest them for them.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16730
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Saturday's d2ds

Post by clashcityrocker »

Hitcher wrote:
docket wrote:Some sad idiots at LS8 take them home!!!!!!
That's favourite at our office - take them home and get the kids to nest them for them.
What next?
Taking the damaged packets home and get the kids to rewrap them?

I thought taking live mail home was a sackable offence.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Bendy72
Posts: 55
Joined: 08 Sep 2009, 21:09
Gender: Male
Location: " Up the Boro "

Re: Saturday's d2ds

Post by Bendy72 »

Ive seen people take them home to prep .......obviously have such empty lives !
For the record :
D2D are done in columns , my fitting has 7 so I do 1 column and 1 section of a column Monday -Thursday and then 1 column Friday and Saturday.
You Do not shot in before your time , you dont do it after your shift has finished !
The first thing I do when I get to my fitting is shot the D2D in , I take them all out REGARDLESS of whether im already going to the address with mail .
If its going to take me over my time I tell DIM DOM and its cut off time !
I do massive facepalms at people who shot them all in then take forever pulling mail out but leaving in where they are not going with D2D .....they either get done for mistakingly leaving letters in or they get done for performance :left:
Just do your job correctly FFS !
we love Parcels......
.....love backhealing them !!!
deanyboy
Posts: 23
Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 12:27
Gender: Male

Re: Saturday's d2ds

Post by deanyboy »

I have been told that doing door to doors is done in your own time!
I prep them at home as I have so many. Then I fill a column or two at the end of a shift, ready for the next day.
Even if it means going over my shift time. I'm learning that my place of work is starting to take the piss.
thefemalepostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 150
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:00
Gender: Female

Re: Saturday's d2ds

Post by thefemalepostie »

deanyboy wrote:I have been told that doing door to doors is done in your own time!
I prep them at home as I have so many. Then I fill a column or two at the end of a shift, ready for the next day.
Even if it means going over my shift time. I'm learning that my place of work is starting to take the piss.
I was told this lie on my first day as well!
deanyboy
Posts: 23
Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 12:27
Gender: Male

Re: Saturday's d2ds

Post by deanyboy »

So what are the rules with door to doors? Do we have any back up? Or is each office different?
thefemalepostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 150
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:00
Gender: Female

Re: Saturday's d2ds

Post by thefemalepostie »

deanyboy wrote:So what are the rules with door to doors? Do we have any back up? Or is each office different?
I have been told that you have prep time built into your shift, so all d2d's should be prepped in your hours. No taking home. I was also told as they were treated as live mail you should not ever ever take them home under any circumstances as ku would be sacked if caught.

Of course the lying managers won't tell you any of this. They will tell you all the lies under the sun and if you were caught would throw you to the wolves!
mailman71
Posts: 500
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 08:03

Re: Saturday's d2ds

Post by mailman71 »

after 40 years in the job i thought i had seen and heard most things but this thread about saturday d2d's has opened my eyes roll on retirement to get me out of this crazy job.
andybfc
Posts: 46
Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 18:28
Gender: Male

Re: Saturday's d2ds

Post by andybfc »

OP has to be a manager surely.