ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Absolutely terrified. Starting on Monday
-
brothermagrew
- Posts: 3015
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Shares a border with England to the south.
Re: Absolutely terrified. Starting on Monday
divadee just to let you know January is a nightmare on deliveries as well 
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Absolutely terrified. Starting on Monday
"had a good breakfast"divadee wrote:Well it's here! I'm up and had a good breakfast. Wish me luck everyone. See you on the other side!
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Absolutely terrified. Starting on Monday
divadee wrote:Well it's here! I'm up and had a good breakfast. Wish me luck everyone. See you on the other side!
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Absolutely terrified. Starting on Monday
Lounge Lizard wrote:divadee wrote:Well it's here! I'm up and had a good breakfast. Wish me luck everyone. See you on the other side!
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Absolutely terrified. Starting on Monday
The only time the packets(small) don't get done at my office is when 5 managers have to take 1 walk out. They will leave all the packets for whoever is on it the next day.DB1100 wrote:No,they are all classed as packets there are no parcels,we have driving duties to cover the packets now anything that won't go though a letterbox gets left and we take all the mail,if we take packets we leave mail,simple.Stormproof wrote:DB1100 wrote: you shouldn't be taking packets now and for the next few weeks.why do you say that? of course she will be taking packets. Are you confusing packets with parcels?
Divadee, all I have to say is that what you see in the next month will probably be the worst of the delivery side of the job. Once you get through that you'll be ok.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Absolutely terrified. Starting on Monday
Its ok she logged in earlier - and at quite a respectable time as well for a 1st day.

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Absolutely terrified. Starting on Monday
It was her induction day was'nt it? So early finishTrueBlueTerrier wrote:Its ok she logged in earlier - and at quite a respectable time as well for a 1st day.![]()
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Absolutely terrified. Starting on Monday
Hope they treated her ok.
One office can be so diff from another
One office can be so diff from another
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
thefemalepostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 150
- Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:00
- Gender: Female
Re: Absolutely terrified. Starting on Monday
Phheewee back and it was a long day. Had my dinner now and relaxing before the hard work really starts tomorrow.
The induction was as I expected (a bit boring and very long). I have to say the people on this site had prepared me so well, I actually knew more than the trainer! He was very nice though. Union rep was a great laugh as well (I have already signed up so just got to give form to my d.o rep tomorrow morning.
Unfortunately no others from my d.o on induction so I'm Billy no mates newbie tomorrow!
Had lunch in the canteen and a couple of ciggy breaks (result!)
Still terrified about tomorrow lol.
The induction was as I expected (a bit boring and very long). I have to say the people on this site had prepared me so well, I actually knew more than the trainer! He was very nice though. Union rep was a great laugh as well (I have already signed up so just got to give form to my d.o rep tomorrow morning.
Unfortunately no others from my d.o on induction so I'm Billy no mates newbie tomorrow!
Had lunch in the canteen and a couple of ciggy breaks (result!)
Still terrified about tomorrow lol.
-
freelunch
- Posts: 358
- Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:39
- Gender: Male
Re: Absolutely terrified. Starting on Monday
Congratulations on surviving the first day
Make the most of the last day of the current heat-wave tomorrow
Make the most of the last day of the current heat-wave tomorrow
"Everybody has a plan.. until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
-
BingBong
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 755
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: the north
Re: Absolutely terrified. Starting on Monday
youll be okdivadee wrote:Phheewee back and it was a long day. Had my dinner now and relaxing before the hard work really starts tomorrow.
The induction was as I expected (a bit boring and very long). I have to say the people on this site had prepared me so well, I actually knew more than the trainer! He was very nice though. Union rep was a great laugh as well (I have already signed up so just got to give form to my d.o rep tomorrow morning.
Unfortunately no others from my d.o on induction so I'm Billy no mates newbie tomorrow!
Had lunch in the canteen and a couple of ciggy breaks (result!)
Still terrified about tomorrow lol.
Toon Army!
-
fng
- Posts: 462
- Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 16:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Absolutely terrified. Starting on Monday
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Its ok she logged in earlier - and at quite a respectable time as well for a 1st day.![]()
Tripitaka: "You should live without fear. There's as much chance of good things as bad things."
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
-
thefemalepostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 150
- Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:00
- Gender: Female
Re: Absolutely terrified. Starting on Monday
Well i have survived!! But then didn't go out on delivery lol.
Have a couple of questions to ask though.
The job I applied for was 23.5 hours a week over 5 days starting at 10am. I have the job advert as a screen shot as proof.
Manager at do said I may have to do 3 full time days and then 3 off as they don't want me starting at 10am.
This may be very awkward for me with my daughter as my hubby starts at 6am some mornings so I have to get her to school if he is working. Part of me likes the thought of getting all work over and done with in 3 days but it would be a pain sometimes.
Can i refuse a change in hours like this?
I was also told that you have to prep your d2ds in your own time as you are paid separately for them. Thanks to the info I had learnt from people on here I was able to say 'what hold on a minute?' And manger quickly moved on to something else lol.
Have a couple of questions to ask though.
The job I applied for was 23.5 hours a week over 5 days starting at 10am. I have the job advert as a screen shot as proof.
Manager at do said I may have to do 3 full time days and then 3 off as they don't want me starting at 10am.
This may be very awkward for me with my daughter as my hubby starts at 6am some mornings so I have to get her to school if he is working. Part of me likes the thought of getting all work over and done with in 3 days but it would be a pain sometimes.
Can i refuse a change in hours like this?
I was also told that you have to prep your d2ds in your own time as you are paid separately for them. Thanks to the info I had learnt from people on here I was able to say 'what hold on a minute?' And manger quickly moved on to something else lol.
-
superports
- Posts: 171
- Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 09:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Absolutely terrified. Starting on Monday
Not sure about your hours but, your manager is chancing his arm with the d2d's. Time is built into duties to allow prepping of d2d's.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Absolutely terrified. Starting on Monday
Only if you've started work at the D.O. that time forgot.I was also told that you have to prep your d2ds in your own time as you are paid separately for them.
D2D's are part of normal workload now and you don't get paid for them at all.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share