I agree with you lounge Lizard.Lounge Lizard wrote:Yes, and occasionally someone will take delight in screwing it up or tearing it up in front of meDB1100 wrote:I really cannot see why,all the big things wrong with this country and the world today and some people get all stressed up over a bit of paper,I just ignore them and shove it through,I had one halfwit follow me for about 1/4 mile to give me 2 laggy bands once saying I had dropped them on his path.spoodoo wrote:Customers are becoming more n more peed off with us and junk mail , I cannot blame then really.as if I would be the slightest bit concerned.
![]()
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
'No Junk Mail' signs
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: 'No Junk Mail' signs
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: 'No Junk Mail' signs
I have one that just throws them on his doorstepLounge Lizard wrote:Yes, and occasionally someone will take delight in screwing it up or tearing it up in front of meDB1100 wrote:I really cannot see why,all the big things wrong with this country and the world today and some people get all stressed up over a bit of paper,I just ignore them and shove it through,I had one halfwit follow me for about 1/4 mile to give me 2 laggy bands once saying I had dropped them on his path.spoodoo wrote:Customers are becoming more n more peed off with us and junk mail , I cannot blame then really.as if I would be the slightest bit concerned.
![]()
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
da'bunny
- Posts: 239
- Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47
Re: 'No Junk Mail' signs
Hmm ..."the customer is always right", so if they say "no junk /leaflets " etc then don't waste your time putting them through and taking them out on the round. Simple.
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: 'No Junk Mail' signs
The customer being the one paying to have the D2D delivered.da'bunny wrote:Hmm ..."the customer is always right", so if they say "no junk /leaflets " etc then don't waste your time putting them through and taking them out on the round. Simple.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
delboy1969
- Posts: 95
- Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 17:40
- Gender: Male
Re: 'No Junk Mail' signs
Ah but technically according to RM our 'junk mail' items are not actually junk mail but door to doors or households so you could challenge and customer with the offical line that the items are not actually junk mail and should be treated with the same respect as live mail. If we could be bothered that is!
My stance when someone has a go at me about them is 'the way I see it, they keep me in a job and keep the recycling places going'
My stance when someone has a go at me about them is 'the way I see it, they keep me in a job and keep the recycling places going'
-
dubdaz
- Posts: 264
- Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 15:55
- Gender: Male
- Location: london borough in kent
Re: 'No Junk Mail' signs
I always say, as I'm walking off "its the only thing we make a profit on",that tends to placate them the majority of the time.
Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: 'No Junk Mail' signs
........and not as simple as da'bunny hopes I guess he didn't read my previous post in this thread: Copied for ease of reference.fishtank wrote:The customer being the one paying to have the D2D delivered.da'bunny wrote:Hmm ..."the customer is always right", so if they say "no junk /leaflets " etc then don't waste your time putting them through and taking them out on the round. Simple.
Ergo - don't deliver them and keep refusing to do so = potential dismal. Not really that simple is it.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Yep http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 18&t=44147" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;clashcityrocker wrote:If I remember rightly there was a FOI request on this subject and the response from RM said any postie not delivering to any address (unless they had an official opt out) would face disciplinary action under the Conduct Code for wilful delay.
If a Postal Officer did not deliver to the address and the customer has not officially opted out of the
service, they may face disciplinary action as this would be considered wilful delay of mail.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.