ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

'No Junk Mail' signs

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: 'No Junk Mail' signs

Post by DB1100 »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
DB1100 wrote:
spoodoo wrote:Customers are becoming more n more peed off with us and junk mail , I cannot blame then really.
I really cannot see why,all the big things wrong with this country and the world today and some people get all stressed up over a bit of paper,I just ignore them and shove it through,I had one halfwit follow me for about 1/4 mile to give me 2 laggy bands once saying I had dropped them on his path.
Yes, and occasionally someone will take delight in screwing it up or tearing it up in front of me :crazy: as if I would be the slightest bit concerned. :Very Happy :nana
I agree with you lounge Lizard.
For we were soldiers once,and young
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: 'No Junk Mail' signs

Post by DGP1 »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
DB1100 wrote:
spoodoo wrote:Customers are becoming more n more peed off with us and junk mail , I cannot blame then really.
I really cannot see why,all the big things wrong with this country and the world today and some people get all stressed up over a bit of paper,I just ignore them and shove it through,I had one halfwit follow me for about 1/4 mile to give me 2 laggy bands once saying I had dropped them on his path.
Yes, and occasionally someone will take delight in screwing it up or tearing it up in front of me :crazy: as if I would be the slightest bit concerned. :Very Happy :nana
I have one that just throws them on his doorstep :hmmmm not a problem to me until I deem it unsafe to walk to his door and then it's my managers problem :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
da'bunny
Posts: 239
Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47

Re: 'No Junk Mail' signs

Post by da'bunny »

Hmm ..."the customer is always right", so if they say "no junk /leaflets " etc then don't waste your time putting them through and taking them out on the round. Simple.
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: 'No Junk Mail' signs

Post by fishtank »

da'bunny wrote:Hmm ..."the customer is always right", so if they say "no junk /leaflets " etc then don't waste your time putting them through and taking them out on the round. Simple.
The customer being the one paying to have the D2D delivered.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
delboy1969
Posts: 95
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 17:40
Gender: Male

Re: 'No Junk Mail' signs

Post by delboy1969 »

Ah but technically according to RM our 'junk mail' items are not actually junk mail but door to doors or households so you could challenge and customer with the offical line that the items are not actually junk mail and should be treated with the same respect as live mail. If we could be bothered that is!

My stance when someone has a go at me about them is 'the way I see it, they keep me in a job and keep the recycling places going' :Very Happy
dubdaz
Posts: 264
Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 15:55
Gender: Male
Location: london borough in kent

Re: 'No Junk Mail' signs

Post by dubdaz »

I always say, as I'm walking off "its the only thing we make a profit on",that tends to placate them the majority of the time.
Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: 'No Junk Mail' signs

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

fishtank wrote:
da'bunny wrote:Hmm ..."the customer is always right", so if they say "no junk /leaflets " etc then don't waste your time putting them through and taking them out on the round. Simple.
The customer being the one paying to have the D2D delivered.
........and not as simple as da'bunny hopes I guess he didn't read my previous post in this thread: Copied for ease of reference.
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:If I remember rightly there was a FOI request on this subject and the response from RM said any postie not delivering to any address (unless they had an official opt out) would face disciplinary action under the Conduct Code for wilful delay.
Yep http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 18&t=44147" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If a Postal Officer did not deliver to the address and the customer has not officially opted out of the
service, they may face disciplinary action as this would be considered wilful delay of mail.
Ergo - don't deliver them and keep refusing to do so = potential dismal. Not really that simple is it.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.