How did I get brought into this I've been really good recently........even cleaned my PVC suitdvbuk55 wrote:The stench was abominable and with there being no lights in thereTrueBlueTerrier wrote:I don't think it was us letting DGP out, but what DGP left behindkrussel wrote:Yeah rightdvbuk55 wrote:I often go home in tears because of it because I am a sensitive person![]()
The only time i rem you in tears was when they kept you back in the naughty room after letting DGP1 out![]()
![]()
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Does PHG have any authority over normal postie?
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Does PHG have any authority over normal postie?
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Does PHG have any authority over normal postie?
Not before timeDGP1 wrote:How did I get brought into this I've been really good recently........even cleaned my PVC suitdvbuk55 wrote:The stench was abominable and with there being no lights in thereTrueBlueTerrier wrote:I don't think it was us letting DGP out, but what DGP left behindkrussel wrote:Yeah rightdvbuk55 wrote:I often go home in tears because of it because I am a sensitive person![]()
The only time i rem you in tears was when they kept you back in the naughty room after letting DGP1 out![]()
![]()
-
mazza111
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 877
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 16:30
- Gender: Female
Re: Does PHG have any authority over normal postie?
TBH I think it depends what they are asking of you.
Maybe it's the manager that's passed on an instruction to you...
or maybe there's been a telephone complaint about something you've done or not done. I used to always mention these ones to the postie in question rather than go running to management.
Maybe it's the manager that's passed on an instruction to you...
or maybe there's been a telephone complaint about something you've done or not done. I used to always mention these ones to the postie in question rather than go running to management.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Does PHG have any authority over normal postie?
halfull wrote:phg's are just bone idle and do their best to get out of any real work and sit around telling tales and kissing managers arse's.
Thas prob a bit harsh
However they do see who's coming back early and often pass that to the Dom. Trouble is i think it would pee me off if i was having to work my full time and see others making loads or working OT within their duty time.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
postypie
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Does PHG have any authority over normal postie?
We have a female PHG in our office who thinks she runs the business and is always passing judgement on other less senior staff than her.. i think many of our limp wristed managers are scared of her and let her get away with lots of stuff... she also has the longest meal breaks of any post worker i know,very often she goes out shopping too,DaveF14 wrote:Just a quick question really. Does PHG have any authority over normal postie? With being on same pay grade and all.
Im saying this because our new PHG, who was a normal delivery postie before, seems to love the new role and taking it in her stride to boss the delivery posties about.
-
postypie
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Does PHG have any authority over normal postie?
krussel wrote:halfull wrote:phg's are just bone idle and do their best to get out of any real work and sit around telling tales and kissing managers arse's.
Thas prob a bit harsh![]()
However they do see who's coming back early and often pass that to the Dom. Trouble is i think it would pee me off if i was having to work my full time and see others making loads or working OT within their duty time.
Erm..our female PHG in box counter gets around 20 hours SA every week from what i have been told so she ain't doing to :ncfo bad!
-
Thunderthighs
- Posts: 990
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Does PHG have any authority over normal postie?
Just as an "aside" on a similar line...I cover the Locker about 2hrs per week, sometimes over 10 - 15hrs. I was told there's an "PHG" Extra Payment, Pro Rata, for the extra responsibility etc. So, as I hadn't claimed this for months, and NO ONE else had, I gave the Boss a backdated list of outstanding hours. I was paid in about 2wks, £100 or so.
However, the same situation has arisen, and my backdated hours are no where to be seen..so far.
I've yet to ask the Boss where the 2nd amount is, and wonder if he's forgotten? Been about 5wks so far. Should I press my case???
( Also, when I covered the Locker for MONTHS a few yrs back, being new, I wasn't informed of the enhanced rate..til a year or so later. Typical...)
Thanks for any advice/info.
However, the same situation has arisen, and my backdated hours are no where to be seen..so far.
I've yet to ask the Boss where the 2nd amount is, and wonder if he's forgotten? Been about 5wks so far. Should I press my case???
( Also, when I covered the Locker for MONTHS a few yrs back, being new, I wasn't informed of the enhanced rate..til a year or so later. Typical...)
Thanks for any advice/info.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16731
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Does PHG have any authority over normal postie?
What PHG extra?
If you were a PHG back in 1885 you got to keep the PHG supplement but otherwise..........?
If you were a PHG back in 1885 you got to keep the PHG supplement but otherwise..........?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
westy23
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 66
- Joined: 24 Aug 2010, 10:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Does PHG have any authority over normal postie?
Have been a Phg since 1982 and like to think I can pass on my experience and knowledge in a advisory manner,
But some Opg,s get the hump.
Oh well, never mind get a casual to do it.
But some Opg,s get the hump.
Oh well, never mind get a casual to do it.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Does PHG have any authority over normal postie?
You don't get paid any extra for doing the locker work unless you have grandfather rights as to what was formerly a PHG duty. Everyone is now an OPG, the reason you may have been paid extra is in a supervisory role if you were controlling other staff, otherwise you have been erroneously paid and when they find out they will ask you to pay it back.Thunderthighs wrote:Just as an "aside" on a similar line...I cover the Locker about 2hrs per week, sometimes over 10 - 15hrs. I was told there's an "PHG" Extra Payment, Pro Rata, for the extra responsibility etc. So, as I hadn't claimed this for months, and NO ONE else had, I gave the Boss a backdated list of outstanding hours. I was paid in about 2wks, £100 or so.
However, the same situation has arisen, and my backdated hours are no where to be seen..so far.
I've yet to ask the Boss where the 2nd amount is, and wonder if he's forgotten? Been about 5wks so far. Should I press my case???
( Also, when I covered the Locker for MONTHS a few yrs back, being new, I wasn't informed of the enhanced rate..til a year or so later. Typical...)
Thanks for any advice/info.
-
joshbaby
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 01 Apr 2011, 17:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Does PHG have any authority over normal postie?
Heard at Nottingham Mail Centre that the ex-PHG's get extra 10 minutes on there break, begs the question as to why or is there still a two tier OPG Grade.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Does PHG have any authority over normal postie?
Heard that all MC staff have an extra 20 minutes on top of the extra 10 minutesjoshbaby wrote:Heard at Nottingham Mail Centre that the ex-PHG's get extra 10 minutes on there break, begs the question as to why or is there still a two tier OPG Grade.
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: Does PHG have any authority over normal postie?
You missed the bit out about they all want gassing along with the management..halfull wrote:phg's are just bone idle and do their best to get out of any real work and sit around telling tales and kissing managers arse's.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
michael61
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 07 May 2012, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Does PHG have any authority over normal postie?
tell ex phg to go fcuk we are all opg,s now whatever happened to us all getting same pay structre under way forward some 10 year,s ago. 
-
Thunderthighs
- Posts: 990
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Does PHG have any authority over normal postie?
Erm, yep, thinks its the "Supervisory Role allowance", Pro Rata of course. Its been paid previously, and for covering whilst no one else was there, so, this one then!
Total is over 100 hrs of cover, obviously at the Allowance Rate per hour. Wud be nice to get this before Xmas. Last claim, took 2 weeks...this one 6 weeks and still waiting.
Total is over 100 hrs of cover, obviously at the Allowance Rate per hour. Wud be nice to get this before Xmas. Last claim, took 2 weeks...this one 6 weeks and still waiting.