ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Does PHG have any authority over normal postie?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Does PHG have any authority over normal postie?

Post by DGP1 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
krussel wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:I often go home in tears because of it because I am a sensitive person
Yeah right :left:

The only time i rem you in tears was when they kept you back in the naughty room after letting DGP1 out :shock:
I don't think it was us letting DGP out, but what DGP left behind :Sick :Sick :Sick
The stench was abominable and with there being no lights in there :whistle
How did I get brought into this I've been really good recently........even cleaned my PVC suit :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Does PHG have any authority over normal postie?

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
krussel wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:I often go home in tears because of it because I am a sensitive person
Yeah right :left:

The only time i rem you in tears was when they kept you back in the naughty room after letting DGP1 out :shock:
I don't think it was us letting DGP out, but what DGP left behind :Sick :Sick :Sick
The stench was abominable and with there being no lights in there :whistle
How did I get brought into this I've been really good recently........even cleaned my PVC suit :nervous
Not before time :cuppa
mazza111
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 877
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 16:30
Gender: Female

Re: Does PHG have any authority over normal postie?

Post by mazza111 »

TBH I think it depends what they are asking of you.

Maybe it's the manager that's passed on an instruction to you...

or maybe there's been a telephone complaint about something you've done or not done. I used to always mention these ones to the postie in question rather than go running to management.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Does PHG have any authority over normal postie?

Post by krussel »

halfull wrote:phg's are just bone idle and do their best to get out of any real work and sit around telling tales and kissing managers arse's. :whistle

Thas prob a bit harsh :hmmmm

However they do see who's coming back early and often pass that to the Dom. Trouble is i think it would pee me off if i was having to work my full time and see others making loads or working OT within their duty time. :hmmmm
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
postypie
Posts: 435
Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: Does PHG have any authority over normal postie?

Post by postypie »

DaveF14 wrote:Just a quick question really. Does PHG have any authority over normal postie? With being on same pay grade and all.

Im saying this because our new PHG, who was a normal delivery postie before, seems to love the new role and taking it in her stride to boss the delivery posties about.
We have a female PHG in our office who thinks she runs the business and is always passing judgement on other less senior staff than her.. i think many of our limp wristed managers are scared of her and let her get away with lots of stuff... she also has the longest meal breaks of any post worker i know,very often she goes out shopping too, :nana :nana..she is very quick to criticize staff who make errors,but when she does and is pulled up by one or two managers who dare to stand up to her she does the old :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo! crying bit which tends to frighten them off...as you can see i am not very fond of her,but then again i think around 70% of other staff in our office think the same!
postypie
Posts: 435
Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: Does PHG have any authority over normal postie?

Post by postypie »

krussel wrote:
halfull wrote:phg's are just bone idle and do their best to get out of any real work and sit around telling tales and kissing managers arse's. :whistle

Thas prob a bit harsh :hmmmm

However they do see who's coming back early and often pass that to the Dom. Trouble is i think it would pee me off if i was having to work my full time and see others making loads or working OT within their duty time. :hmmmm

Erm..our female PHG in box counter gets around 20 hours SA every week from what i have been told so she ain't doing to :ncfo bad!
Thunderthighs
Posts: 990
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

Re: Does PHG have any authority over normal postie?

Post by Thunderthighs »

Just as an "aside" on a similar line...I cover the Locker about 2hrs per week, sometimes over 10 - 15hrs. I was told there's an "PHG" Extra Payment, Pro Rata, for the extra responsibility etc. So, as I hadn't claimed this for months, and NO ONE else had, I gave the Boss a backdated list of outstanding hours. I was paid in about 2wks, £100 or so.
However, the same situation has arisen, and my backdated hours are no where to be seen..so far.
I've yet to ask the Boss where the 2nd amount is, and wonder if he's forgotten? Been about 5wks so far. Should I press my case???
( Also, when I covered the Locker for MONTHS a few yrs back, being new, I wasn't informed of the enhanced rate..til a year or so later. Typical...)
Thanks for any advice/info.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16731
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Does PHG have any authority over normal postie?

Post by clashcityrocker »

What PHG extra?
If you were a PHG back in 1885 you got to keep the PHG supplement but otherwise..........?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
westy23
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 66
Joined: 24 Aug 2010, 10:35
Gender: Male

Re: Does PHG have any authority over normal postie?

Post by westy23 »

Have been a Phg since 1982 and like to think I can pass on my experience and knowledge in a advisory manner,
But some Opg,s get the hump.
Oh well, never mind get a casual to do it.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Does PHG have any authority over normal postie?

Post by dvbuk55 »

Thunderthighs wrote:Just as an "aside" on a similar line...I cover the Locker about 2hrs per week, sometimes over 10 - 15hrs. I was told there's an "PHG" Extra Payment, Pro Rata, for the extra responsibility etc. So, as I hadn't claimed this for months, and NO ONE else had, I gave the Boss a backdated list of outstanding hours. I was paid in about 2wks, £100 or so.
However, the same situation has arisen, and my backdated hours are no where to be seen..so far.
I've yet to ask the Boss where the 2nd amount is, and wonder if he's forgotten? Been about 5wks so far. Should I press my case???
( Also, when I covered the Locker for MONTHS a few yrs back, being new, I wasn't informed of the enhanced rate..til a year or so later. Typical...)
Thanks for any advice/info.
You don't get paid any extra for doing the locker work unless you have grandfather rights as to what was formerly a PHG duty. Everyone is now an OPG, the reason you may have been paid extra is in a supervisory role if you were controlling other staff, otherwise you have been erroneously paid and when they find out they will ask you to pay it back. :shock:
joshbaby
Posts: 15
Joined: 01 Apr 2011, 17:26
Gender: Male

Re: Does PHG have any authority over normal postie?

Post by joshbaby »

Heard at Nottingham Mail Centre that the ex-PHG's get extra 10 minutes on there break, begs the question as to why or is there still a two tier OPG Grade.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Does PHG have any authority over normal postie?

Post by dvbuk55 »

joshbaby wrote:Heard at Nottingham Mail Centre that the ex-PHG's get extra 10 minutes on there break, begs the question as to why or is there still a two tier OPG Grade.
Heard that all MC staff have an extra 20 minutes on top of the extra 10 minutes :hmmmm
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: Does PHG have any authority over normal postie?

Post by General Mannerheim »

halfull wrote:phg's are just bone idle and do their best to get out of any real work and sit around telling tales and kissing managers arse's. :whistle
You missed the bit out about they all want gassing along with the management..
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
michael61
Posts: 59
Joined: 07 May 2012, 16:03
Gender: Male

Re: Does PHG have any authority over normal postie?

Post by michael61 »

tell ex phg to go fcuk we are all opg,s now whatever happened to us all getting same pay structre under way forward some 10 year,s ago. :hmmmm
Thunderthighs
Posts: 990
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

Re: Does PHG have any authority over normal postie?

Post by Thunderthighs »

Erm, yep, thinks its the "Supervisory Role allowance", Pro Rata of course. Its been paid previously, and for covering whilst no one else was there, so, this one then!
Total is over 100 hrs of cover, obviously at the Allowance Rate per hour. Wud be nice to get this before Xmas. Last claim, took 2 weeks...this one 6 weeks and still waiting.