Why are you on £10 a week or something or are you just Scottish?At 40p for a cup of "rosie lee not many can afford it in our place.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
No Heating in the Office
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: No Heating in the Office
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: No Heating in the Office
Its been roasting in my office since last week.....the heating is on full( don't bother me but others complaining), so it must be freezing wherever the centre is that switches the heating on, probably somewhere up north.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: No Heating in the Office
Our office is also roasting, to the point where I have to go outside every 20 mins or so to get a bit of fresh air or else I think I'd pass out!
Can't understand people who want an outdoor job then whinge about the office being too cold, especially when they only have a short sleeve shirt on.
Can't understand people who want an outdoor job then whinge about the office being too cold, especially when they only have a short sleeve shirt on.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: No Heating in the Office
Its kinetics.wacko74 wrote:Our office is also roasting, to the point where I have to go outside every 20 mins or so to get a bit of fresh air or else I think I'd pass out!
Can't understand people who want an outdoor job then whinge about the office being too cold, especially when they only have a short sleeve shirt on.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Jenny Manchester
- Posts: 138
- Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 17:12
- Gender: Female
Re: No Heating in the Office
I can help you understand it wacko 74 when your stood there in the office in one spot for four hours its cold regardless what shirt you have on but saying that if your outside walking at pace for 3 hours and active all the time there is a hell of a difference maybe you should try it then come back and give us your results!wacko74 wrote:Our office is also roasting, to the point where I have to go outside every 20 mins or so to get a bit of fresh air or else I think I'd pass out!
Can't understand people who want an outdoor job then whinge about the office being too cold, especially when they only have a short sleeve shirt on.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: No Heating in the Office
General Mannerheim wrote:Why are you on £10 a week or something or are you just Scottish?At 40p for a cup of "rosie lee not many can afford it in our place.
Trouble was people were split into "tea clubs" and buying rounds and it was costing around £14 per week each. By making your own pot etc it was only about £3 or so. Money is getting tight down south
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: No Heating in the Office
Jenny Manchester wrote:I can help you understand it wacko 74 when your stood there in the office in one spot for four hours its cold regardless what shirt you have on but saying that if your outside walking at pace for 3 hours and active all the time there is a hell of a difference maybe you should try it then come back and give us your results!wacko74 wrote:Our office is also roasting, to the point where I have to go outside every 20 mins or so to get a bit of fresh air or else I think I'd pass out!
Can't understand people who want an outdoor job then whinge about the office being too cold, especially when they only have a short sleeve shirt on.
Jenny is 100% right here. When your in a cold office and standing in one spot for any length of time you really feel the cold. I find it worse in the fingers. Once out on delivery even in freezing weather after 30 mins or so you warm up.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
bydand91
- Posts: 69
- Joined: 03 Oct 2011, 18:57
- Gender: Male
- Location: Scotland
Re: No Heating in the Office
It is either too hot or too cold in our office,the system is that old and they will not spend money replacing,plus management don't listen. No chance of drinks machine,as we are banned from drinking at our bench,seemingly it slow us down. 
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: No Heating in the Office
Probably not as cold as our toilet, frozen over on the coldest of winter nights.Jenny Manchester wrote:And you need to try sit in the Woman's toilets thats even colder it's a joke altogether it's alright for you fella's you can stand up an wiggle it about.Jenny Manchester wrote:You need to try my office mate its freezing an I have a fleece and trousers on what more do you want me to wear? BTW does RM supply jumpers? I think not.NewPostieUK wrote:My office is boiling.
I never understand why it needs to be warmer in winter than it is in summer.
And.. I never understand how people can complain about being cold when they don't even have a jumper on.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: No Heating in the Office
If we get privatized,i wonder if our drinks machines will become free like a lot of the firms we deliver to!krussel wrote:
At 40p for a cup of "rosie lee not many can afford it in our place. Hence we have 4 private kettles going.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: No Heating in the Office
Bahia Feliz wrote:If we get privatized,i wonder if our drinks machines will become free like a lot of the firms we deliver to!krussel wrote:
At 40p for a cup of "rosie lee not many can afford it in our place. Hence we have 4 private kettles going.
My wife has a free Douwe Egberts coffee / tea/ hot choc, station in her office. Also the partners supply small packs of biscuits each day and cakes on a friday.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: No Heating in the Office
Yeah fair enough, I'm not going to argue, we're all different I suppose, as I said my office is roasting and almost everyone agrees its unbearable... apart from 1 or 2 who keep their coats and even wooly hats on all morning whilst IPSing and prepping!!Jenny Manchester wrote:I can help you understand it wacko 74 when your stood there in the office in one spot for four hours its cold regardless what shirt you have on but saying that if your outside walking at pace for 3 hours and active all the time there is a hell of a difference maybe you should try it then come back and give us your results!wacko74 wrote:Our office is also roasting, to the point where I have to go outside every 20 mins or so to get a bit of fresh air or else I think I'd pass out!
Can't understand people who want an outdoor job then whinge about the office being too cold, especially when they only have a short sleeve shirt on.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: No Heating in the Office
Never mind coffee, biscuits and cakes, I could do with a good breakfast myself.krussel wrote:Bahia Feliz wrote:If we get privatized,i wonder if our drinks machines will become free like a lot of the firms we deliver to!krussel wrote:
At 40p for a cup of "rosie lee not many can afford it in our place. Hence we have 4 private kettles going.
My wife has a free Douwe Egberts coffee / tea/ hot choc, station in her office. Also the partners supply small packs of biscuits each day and cakes on a friday.