ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

No Heating in the Office

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: No Heating in the Office

Post by General Mannerheim »

At 40p for a cup of "rosie lee not many can afford it in our place.
Why are you on £10 a week or something or are you just Scottish? :nervous
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: No Heating in the Office

Post by Stormproof »

Its been roasting in my office since last week.....the heating is on full( don't bother me but others complaining), so it must be freezing wherever the centre is that switches the heating on, probably somewhere up north.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: No Heating in the Office

Post by wacko74 »

Our office is also roasting, to the point where I have to go outside every 20 mins or so to get a bit of fresh air or else I think I'd pass out!

Can't understand people who want an outdoor job then whinge about the office being too cold, especially when they only have a short sleeve shirt on.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: No Heating in the Office

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

wacko74 wrote:Our office is also roasting, to the point where I have to go outside every 20 mins or so to get a bit of fresh air or else I think I'd pass out!

Can't understand people who want an outdoor job then whinge about the office being too cold, especially when they only have a short sleeve shirt on.
Its kinetics.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Jenny Manchester
Posts: 138
Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 17:12
Gender: Female

Re: No Heating in the Office

Post by Jenny Manchester »

wacko74 wrote:Our office is also roasting, to the point where I have to go outside every 20 mins or so to get a bit of fresh air or else I think I'd pass out!

Can't understand people who want an outdoor job then whinge about the office being too cold, especially when they only have a short sleeve shirt on.
I can help you understand it wacko 74 when your stood there in the office in one spot for four hours its cold regardless what shirt you have on but saying that if your outside walking at pace for 3 hours and active all the time there is a hell of a difference maybe you should try it then come back and give us your results!
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: No Heating in the Office

Post by krussel »

General Mannerheim wrote:
At 40p for a cup of "rosie lee not many can afford it in our place.
Why are you on £10 a week or something or are you just Scottish? :nervous

:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle

Trouble was people were split into "tea clubs" and buying rounds and it was costing around £14 per week each. By making your own pot etc it was only about £3 or so. Money is getting tight down south :sad:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: No Heating in the Office

Post by krussel »

Jenny Manchester wrote:
wacko74 wrote:Our office is also roasting, to the point where I have to go outside every 20 mins or so to get a bit of fresh air or else I think I'd pass out!

Can't understand people who want an outdoor job then whinge about the office being too cold, especially when they only have a short sleeve shirt on.
I can help you understand it wacko 74 when your stood there in the office in one spot for four hours its cold regardless what shirt you have on but saying that if your outside walking at pace for 3 hours and active all the time there is a hell of a difference maybe you should try it then come back and give us your results!

Jenny is 100% right here. When your in a cold office and standing in one spot for any length of time you really feel the cold. I find it worse in the fingers. Once out on delivery even in freezing weather after 30 mins or so you warm up.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
bydand91
Posts: 69
Joined: 03 Oct 2011, 18:57
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Re: No Heating in the Office

Post by bydand91 »

It is either too hot or too cold in our office,the system is that old and they will not spend money replacing,plus management don't listen. No chance of drinks machine,as we are banned from drinking at our bench,seemingly it slow us down. :cuppa
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: No Heating in the Office

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Jenny Manchester wrote:
Jenny Manchester wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:My office is boiling.

I never understand why it needs to be warmer in winter than it is in summer.

And.. I never understand how people can complain about being cold when they don't even have a jumper on.
You need to try my office mate its freezing an I have a fleece and trousers on what more do you want me to wear? BTW does RM supply jumpers? I think not.
And you need to try sit in the Woman's toilets thats even colder it's a joke altogether it's alright for you fella's you can stand up an wiggle it about.
Probably not as cold as our toilet, frozen over on the coldest of winter nights. :sad:
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: No Heating in the Office

Post by Bahia Feliz »

krussel wrote:

At 40p for a cup of "rosie lee not many can afford it in our place. Hence we have 4 private kettles going. :sad:
If we get privatized,i wonder if our drinks machines will become free like a lot of the firms we deliver to! :hmmmm
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: No Heating in the Office

Post by krussel »

Bahia Feliz wrote:
krussel wrote:

At 40p for a cup of "rosie lee not many can afford it in our place. Hence we have 4 private kettles going. :sad:
If we get privatized,i wonder if our drinks machines will become free like a lot of the firms we deliver to! :hmmmm

My wife has a free Douwe Egberts coffee / tea/ hot choc, station in her office. Also the partners supply small packs of biscuits each day and cakes on a friday. :cry
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: No Heating in the Office

Post by wacko74 »

Jenny Manchester wrote:
wacko74 wrote:Our office is also roasting, to the point where I have to go outside every 20 mins or so to get a bit of fresh air or else I think I'd pass out!

Can't understand people who want an outdoor job then whinge about the office being too cold, especially when they only have a short sleeve shirt on.
I can help you understand it wacko 74 when your stood there in the office in one spot for four hours its cold regardless what shirt you have on but saying that if your outside walking at pace for 3 hours and active all the time there is a hell of a difference maybe you should try it then come back and give us your results!
Yeah fair enough, I'm not going to argue, we're all different I suppose, as I said my office is roasting and almost everyone agrees its unbearable... apart from 1 or 2 who keep their coats and even wooly hats on all morning whilst IPSing and prepping!!
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: No Heating in the Office

Post by Lounge Lizard »

krussel wrote:
Bahia Feliz wrote:
krussel wrote:

At 40p for a cup of "rosie lee not many can afford it in our place. Hence we have 4 private kettles going. :sad:
If we get privatized,i wonder if our drinks machines will become free like a lot of the firms we deliver to! :hmmmm

My wife has a free Douwe Egberts coffee / tea/ hot choc, station in her office. Also the partners supply small packs of biscuits each day and cakes on a friday. :cry
Never mind coffee, biscuits and cakes, I could do with a good breakfast myself. :shock: