been 3 days a week for about 4 years only 46dvbuk55 wrote:Well 25 years is probably a bit premature maisy I hadn't started at Royal Mail 25 years ago. I can't really say why I hadn't considered retirement, there are a number of reasons I suppose, had a son when I was 36 and he's 30 next birthday, so when most dads were taking their sons for a pint I was taking my son to primary school, my wife is ten years younger than me and I have never really thought of myself as old, though everyone else doesmaisymoo04 wrote:dv av got another 25 years to start thinkin so sayin that made me feel like i was getting near to itdvbuk55 wrote:I haven't thought that and I must admit I hadn't given it much if any consideration before I was 65.maisymoo04 wrote:cant wait till i retire![]()
My son and I shared an interest in computers since he was ten - so nearly 20 years and I have tried to stay up to date, we still build them for specific purposes. Looking on the bright side my son and I put a greenhouse up this year and for the last couple of years I have returned to an earlier passion for gardening and when I'm ready I'll have another job to keep me occupied. I also have a passion for DIY and recently put in a new UPVC door and frame but that only took me less than 2 hours, though I have done 'em before. I can no longer climb ladders anymore so roof work is out, haven't been on the roof for about 6 years
One thing that has prolonged my working life is going part time - best thing I ever did and I would recommend it to anyone mid 50s.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Bristol vote for strike action
-
venom
- Posts: 201
- Joined: 03 Nov 2009, 17:25
- Gender: Male
- Location: leaving in half a walk and working to time
Re: Bristol vote for strike action
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Bristol vote for strike action
Way to go venomvenom wrote:been 3 days a week for about 4 years only 46
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: Bristol vote for strike action
just the man dv why is my computer running slow

"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Bristol vote for strike action
Well that's not something I could diagnose from a distance maisy. There are so many variables - if you'd like to pm the model, make and specs I could make an educated guess - one of the main reasons is that people fail to clean the HDD and do not upgrade when they should. There is also the usage, like what do you use it for.maisymoo04 wrote:just the man dv why is my computer running slow![]()
![]()
![]()
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: Bristol vote for strike action
mmmmm let me think

"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Bristol vote for strike action
Let me set your mind at rest maisy - porn sites of themselves do not slow the computerdvbuk55 wrote:Well that's not something I could diagnose from a distance maisy. There are so many variables - if you'd like to pm the model, make and specs I could make an educated guess - one of the main reasons is that people fail to clean the HDD and do not upgrade when they should. There is also the usage, like what do you use it for.maisymoo04 wrote:just the man dv why is my computer running slow![]()
![]()
![]()
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: Bristol vote for strike action
i have two security running i think norton and avast
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Bristol vote for strike action
You should only have 1,as 1 fecks the other and slows your comp down.maisymoo04 wrote:i have two security running i think norton and avast
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: Bristol vote for strike action
bye avast hello norton cheers postman 
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
pants123
Re: Bristol vote for strike action
we have had our revision in 2 years now,,, still now the walks are massive, and the staff have to work at least an hour each a day for nothing to complete,,, management say the computer says it can be delivered... the staff just get on with it,,, because the bulling from management is getting every one down, and everyone just gave in to management intimidation and bullying..
effectively broke delivery staff into despair the whole staff are in bits,,, so sad to see people broken by management, i don't know how you can do this to people, who try hard to do the job, but given impossible work loads, forced into despair and such low morale and esteem..
CWU ,,,, time to make a stand like BRISTOL,,,, NATIONAL STRIKE,,, ALL OUT...
effectively broke delivery staff into despair the whole staff are in bits,,, so sad to see people broken by management, i don't know how you can do this to people, who try hard to do the job, but given impossible work loads, forced into despair and such low morale and esteem..
CWU ,,,, time to make a stand like BRISTOL,,,, NATIONAL STRIKE,,, ALL OUT...
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Bristol vote for strike action
SEDO dispute meeting with RM broke up today without agreement but a final meeting has been arranged for next Thursday. We are still some way apart on the core issues at the heart of the dispute.
Gate meetings for members will be held on Tuesday 27 November outside of SEDO to discuss what form of strike action is requested from CWUHQ
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Bristol vote for strike action
It ain't the CWU to make a stand all stick together start the same do the same and all finish the same play that game and only one side will win and it ain't management.pants123 wrote:we have had our revision in 2 years now,,, still now the walks are massive, and the staff have to work at least an hour each a day for nothing to complete,,, management say the computer says it can be delivered... the staff just get on with it,,, because the bulling from management is getting every one down, and everyone just gave in to management intimidation and bullying..
effectively broke delivery staff into despair the whole staff are in bits,,, so sad to see people broken by management, i don't know how you can do this to people, who try hard to do the job, but given impossible work loads, forced into despair and such low morale and esteem..
CWU ,,,, time to make a stand like BRISTOL,,,, NATIONAL STRIKE,,, ALL OUT...
-
swessex
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 08 Dec 2012, 21:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Bristol vote for strike action
Good luck to all at BS SEDO - keep the faith, have confidence in your Reps............you'll win through. Support from Anglia.
swessex
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Bristol vote for strike action


BBC Points West.
100 Bristol Postal Workers Strike
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p8zeOq2Gko" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Bristol vote for strike action
Well done Bristol, I sincerely hope you get a result and it spurs other areas to make a stand.