ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bristol vote for strike action

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
venom
Posts: 201
Joined: 03 Nov 2009, 17:25
Gender: Male
Location: leaving in half a walk and working to time

Re: Bristol vote for strike action

Post by venom »

dvbuk55 wrote:
maisymoo04 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
maisymoo04 wrote:cant wait till i retire :dance
I haven't thought that and I must admit I hadn't given it much if any consideration before I was 65.
dv av got another 25 years to start thinkin so sayin that made me feel like i was getting near to it :hmmmm :hmmmm
Well 25 years is probably a bit premature maisy I hadn't started at Royal Mail 25 years ago. I can't really say why I hadn't considered retirement, there are a number of reasons I suppose, had a son when I was 36 and he's 30 next birthday, so when most dads were taking their sons for a pint I was taking my son to primary school, my wife is ten years younger than me and I have never really thought of myself as old, though everyone else does :Very Happy My son and I shared an interest in computers since he was ten - so nearly 20 years and I have tried to stay up to date, we still build them for specific purposes. Looking on the bright side my son and I put a greenhouse up this year and for the last couple of years I have returned to an earlier passion for gardening and when I'm ready I'll have another job to keep me occupied. I also have a passion for DIY and recently put in a new UPVC door and frame but that only took me less than 2 hours, though I have done 'em before. I can no longer climb ladders anymore so roof work is out, haven't been on the roof for about 6 years :sad: One thing that has prolonged my working life is going part time - best thing I ever did and I would recommend it to anyone mid 50s.
been 3 days a week for about 4 years only 46 :Very Happy
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Bristol vote for strike action

Post by dvbuk55 »

venom wrote:been 3 days a week for about 4 years only 46 :Very Happy
Way to go venom :wave
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Bristol vote for strike action

Post by maisymoo04 »

just the man dv why is my computer running slow :hmmmm :hmmmm :hmmmm :shock:
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Bristol vote for strike action

Post by dvbuk55 »

maisymoo04 wrote:just the man dv why is my computer running slow :hmmmm :hmmmm :hmmmm :shock:
Well that's not something I could diagnose from a distance maisy. There are so many variables - if you'd like to pm the model, make and specs I could make an educated guess - one of the main reasons is that people fail to clean the HDD and do not upgrade when they should. There is also the usage, like what do you use it for.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Bristol vote for strike action

Post by maisymoo04 »

mmmmm let me think :oops: :oops: :whistle :whistle
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Bristol vote for strike action

Post by dvbuk55 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
maisymoo04 wrote:just the man dv why is my computer running slow :hmmmm :hmmmm :hmmmm :shock:
Well that's not something I could diagnose from a distance maisy. There are so many variables - if you'd like to pm the model, make and specs I could make an educated guess - one of the main reasons is that people fail to clean the HDD and do not upgrade when they should. There is also the usage, like what do you use it for.
Let me set your mind at rest maisy - porn sites of themselves do not slow the computer :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Bristol vote for strike action

Post by maisymoo04 »

i have two security running i think norton and avast
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Bristol vote for strike action

Post by POSTMAN »

maisymoo04 wrote:i have two security running i think norton and avast
You should only have 1,as 1 fecks the other and slows your comp down.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Bristol vote for strike action

Post by maisymoo04 »

bye avast hello norton cheers postman :thumbup
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
pants123

Re: Bristol vote for strike action

Post by pants123 »

we have had our revision in 2 years now,,, still now the walks are massive, and the staff have to work at least an hour each a day for nothing to complete,,, management say the computer says it can be delivered... the staff just get on with it,,, because the bulling from management is getting every one down, and everyone just gave in to management intimidation and bullying..

effectively broke delivery staff into despair the whole staff are in bits,,, so sad to see people broken by management, i don't know how you can do this to people, who try hard to do the job, but given impossible work loads, forced into despair and such low morale and esteem..

CWU ,,,, time to make a stand like BRISTOL,,,, NATIONAL STRIKE,,, ALL OUT...
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Bristol vote for strike action

Post by POSTMAN »

SEDO dispute meeting with RM broke up today without agreement but a final meeting has been arranged for next Thursday. We are still some way apart on the core issues at the heart of the dispute.

Gate meetings for members will be held on Tuesday 27 November outside of SEDO to discuss what form of strike action is requested from CWUHQ
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Bristol vote for strike action

Post by k979aaa »

pants123 wrote:we have had our revision in 2 years now,,, still now the walks are massive, and the staff have to work at least an hour each a day for nothing to complete,,, management say the computer says it can be delivered... the staff just get on with it,,, because the bulling from management is getting every one down, and everyone just gave in to management intimidation and bullying..

effectively broke delivery staff into despair the whole staff are in bits,,, so sad to see people broken by management, i don't know how you can do this to people, who try hard to do the job, but given impossible work loads, forced into despair and such low morale and esteem..

CWU ,,,, time to make a stand like BRISTOL,,,, NATIONAL STRIKE,,, ALL OUT...
It ain't the CWU to make a stand all stick together start the same do the same and all finish the same play that game and only one side will win and it ain't management.
swessex
Posts: 2
Joined: 08 Dec 2012, 21:48
Gender: Male

Re: Bristol vote for strike action

Post by swessex »

Good luck to all at BS SEDO - keep the faith, have confidence in your Reps............you'll win through. Support from Anglia.
swessex
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Bristol vote for strike action

Post by fishtank »

Image

Image


BBC Points West.
100 Bristol Postal Workers Strike
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p8zeOq2Gko" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Bristol vote for strike action

Post by dvbuk55 »

Well done Bristol, I sincerely hope you get a result and it spurs other areas to make a stand.