dvbuk55 wrote:stokes11eg wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:Now then stokesy, we're talking about deliveries herestokes11eg wrote:I once caught warts from a customer!
My hand was covered--just because I gave this man my pen.
![]()
OK we believe you, thousands wouldn't
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Infectious householders!!
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Infectious householders!!
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Infectious householders!!
Dunno really - I'll be 66 in a couple of weeks and I'm thinking maybe next year - though I met an ex-colleague on Saturday who retired at 58 and asked me if I would be allowed to continue beyond 70stokes11eg wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:stokes11eg wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:Now then stokesy, we're talking about deliveries herestokes11eg wrote:I once caught warts from a customer!
My hand was covered--just because I gave this man my pen.
![]()
OK we believe you, thousands wouldn't
How long until you hang up your boots now?
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Infectious householders!!
dvbuk55 wrote:Dunno really - I'll be 66 in a couple of weeks and I'm thinking maybe next year - though I met an ex-colleague on Saturday who retired at 58 and asked me if I would be allowed to continue beyond 70stokes11eg wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:stokes11eg wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:Now then stokesy, we're talking about deliveries herestokes11eg wrote:I once caught warts from a customer!
My hand was covered--just because I gave this man my pen.
![]()
OK we believe you, thousands wouldn't
How long until you hang up your boots now?
- I have to say I wasn't considering staying until then but hey who knows?
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Infectious householders!!
You're right stokesy, if I had an outdoor job it would kill me..............and probably literally. No, it will be next year but I'm undecided as to when and there has been an offer made which I am still considering.stokes11eg wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:Dunno really - I'll be 66 in a couple of weeks and I'm thinking maybe next year - though I met an ex-colleague on Saturday who retired at 58 and asked me if I would be allowed to continue beyond 70stokes11eg wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:stokes11eg wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:Now then stokesy, we're talking about deliveries herestokes11eg wrote:I once caught warts from a customer!
My hand was covered--just because I gave this man my pen.
![]()
OK we believe you, thousands wouldn't
How long until you hang up your boots now?
- I have to say I wasn't considering staying until then but hey who knows?
In any other job, maybe, but you work indoors now don.t you, so not so bad.
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Infectious householders!!
Of course, the /government snatched my retirement pension from me, so I'm living in 'reduced' circumstances LOL! but better that than out on the road with R/M----see you in the naughty roomLOL!dvbuk55 wrote:You're right stokesy, if I had an outdoor job it would kill me..............and probably literally. No, it will be next year but I'm undecided as to when and there has been an offer made which I am still considering.stokes11eg wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:Dunno really - I'll be 66 in a couple of weeks and I'm thinking maybe next year - though I met an ex-colleague on Saturday who retired at 58 and asked me if I would be allowed to continue beyond 70stokes11eg wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:stokes11eg wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:Now then stokesy, we're talking about deliveries herestokes11eg wrote:I once caught warts from a customer!
My hand was covered--just because I gave this man my pen.
![]()
OK we believe you, thousands wouldn't
How long until you hang up your boots now?
- I have to say I wasn't considering staying until then but hey who knows?
In any other job, maybe, but you work indoors now don.t you, so not so bad.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Infectious householders!!
How do you mean they snatched your pension from you? As for the naughty room - I'm too old for that place now, I'm being very goodstokes11eg wrote: Of course, the /government snatched my retirement pension from me, so I'm living in 'reduced' circumstances LOL! but better that than out on the road with R/M----see you in the naughty roomLOL!
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Infectious householders!!
Lock them in their house, put a big red cross on the door and get them to wear a bell around their neck to specify that they're "unclean"...Stella102 wrote:if someone is quite clearly ill, then swiftly walk away and report the household as hazardous.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
Redyam
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 97
- Joined: 27 Sep 2009, 23:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Infectious householders!!
Gloves and mask at all times. Its the only way!
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Infectious householders!!
The Japanese seem to favour that too and lets not forget Michael Jackson - maybe an oxygen chamber after the duties finished to cleanse the lungs from impurities, or one of those cleansing units I once went through when I was in the armyRedyam wrote:Gloves and mask at all times. Its the only way!
-
chuzzwuzzer
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 08 Nov 2011, 15:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Infectious householders!!
Not sure if its the same in other offices but we are given a different random pda everyday.Now judging by the amount of dirty bastards in our office i see coming out of the carsey after having a s**t and not washing their hands i'd say its your work colleagues who are more likely to make you ill ! All you can do is carry some hand sanitiser but you'd spend so much time farting around the amount of times you have to handle every customers germs !