ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Infectious householders!!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Infectious householders!!

Post by stokes11eg »

:sad:
dvbuk55 wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
stokes11eg wrote::Very Happy I once caught warts from a customer!
Now then stokesy, we're talking about deliveries here :chuckle
:Very Happy My hand was covered--just because I gave this man my pen.
:chuckle :chuckle OK we believe you, thousands wouldn't :Very Happy
:nervous How long until you hang up your boots now?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Infectious householders!!

Post by dvbuk55 »

stokes11eg wrote::sad:
dvbuk55 wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
stokes11eg wrote::Very Happy I once caught warts from a customer!
Now then stokesy, we're talking about deliveries here :chuckle
:Very Happy My hand was covered--just because I gave this man my pen.
:chuckle :chuckle OK we believe you, thousands wouldn't :Very Happy
:nervous How long until you hang up your boots now?
Dunno really - I'll be 66 in a couple of weeks and I'm thinking maybe next year - though I met an ex-colleague on Saturday who retired at 58 and asked me if I would be allowed to continue beyond 70 :hmmmm - I have to say I wasn't considering staying until then but hey who knows?
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Infectious householders!!

Post by stokes11eg »

dvbuk55 wrote:
stokes11eg wrote::sad:
dvbuk55 wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
stokes11eg wrote::Very Happy I once caught warts from a customer!
Now then stokesy, we're talking about deliveries here :chuckle
:Very Happy My hand was covered--just because I gave this man my pen.
:chuckle :chuckle OK we believe you, thousands wouldn't :Very Happy
:nervous How long until you hang up your boots now?
Dunno really - I'll be 66 in a couple of weeks and I'm thinking maybe next year - though I met an ex-colleague on Saturday who retired at 58 and asked me if I would be allowed to continue beyond 70 :hmmmm - I have to say I wasn't considering staying until then but hey who knows?
:shock: In any other job, maybe, but you work indoors now don.t you, so not so bad.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Infectious householders!!

Post by dvbuk55 »

stokes11eg wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
stokes11eg wrote::sad:
dvbuk55 wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
stokes11eg wrote::Very Happy I once caught warts from a customer!
Now then stokesy, we're talking about deliveries here :chuckle
:Very Happy My hand was covered--just because I gave this man my pen.
:chuckle :chuckle OK we believe you, thousands wouldn't :Very Happy
:nervous How long until you hang up your boots now?
Dunno really - I'll be 66 in a couple of weeks and I'm thinking maybe next year - though I met an ex-colleague on Saturday who retired at 58 and asked me if I would be allowed to continue beyond 70 :hmmmm - I have to say I wasn't considering staying until then but hey who knows?
:shock: In any other job, maybe, but you work indoors now don.t you, so not so bad.
You're right stokesy, if I had an outdoor job it would kill me..............and probably literally. No, it will be next year but I'm undecided as to when and there has been an offer made which I am still considering.
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Infectious householders!!

Post by stokes11eg »

dvbuk55 wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
stokes11eg wrote::sad:
dvbuk55 wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
stokes11eg wrote::Very Happy I once caught warts from a customer!
Now then stokesy, we're talking about deliveries here :chuckle
:Very Happy My hand was covered--just because I gave this man my pen.
:chuckle :chuckle OK we believe you, thousands wouldn't :Very Happy
:nervous How long until you hang up your boots now?
Dunno really - I'll be 66 in a couple of weeks and I'm thinking maybe next year - though I met an ex-colleague on Saturday who retired at 58 and asked me if I would be allowed to continue beyond 70 :hmmmm - I have to say I wasn't considering staying until then but hey who knows?
:shock: In any other job, maybe, but you work indoors now don.t you, so not so bad.
You're right stokesy, if I had an outdoor job it would kill me..............and probably literally. No, it will be next year but I'm undecided as to when and there has been an offer made which I am still considering.
Of course, the /government snatched my retirement pension from me, so I'm living in 'reduced' circumstances LOL! but better that than out on the road with R/M----see you in the naughty roomLOL!
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Infectious householders!!

Post by dvbuk55 »

stokes11eg wrote: Of course, the /government snatched my retirement pension from me, so I'm living in 'reduced' circumstances LOL! but better that than out on the road with R/M----see you in the naughty roomLOL!
How do you mean they snatched your pension from you? As for the naughty room - I'm too old for that place now, I'm being very good :angel
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Infectious householders!!

Post by TeeferTiger »

Stella102 wrote:if someone is quite clearly ill, then swiftly walk away and report the household as hazardous.
Lock them in their house, put a big red cross on the door and get them to wear a bell around their neck to specify that they're "unclean"... :wink:
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
Redyam
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 97
Joined: 27 Sep 2009, 23:12
Gender: Male

Re: Infectious householders!!

Post by Redyam »

Gloves and mask at all times. Its the only way!
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Infectious householders!!

Post by dvbuk55 »

Redyam wrote:Gloves and mask at all times. Its the only way!
The Japanese seem to favour that too and lets not forget Michael Jackson - maybe an oxygen chamber after the duties finished to cleanse the lungs from impurities, or one of those cleansing units I once went through when I was in the army :chuckle
chuzzwuzzer
Posts: 46
Joined: 08 Nov 2011, 15:07
Gender: Male

Re: Infectious householders!!

Post by chuzzwuzzer »

Not sure if its the same in other offices but we are given a different random pda everyday.Now judging by the amount of dirty bastards in our office i see coming out of the carsey after having a s**t and not washing their hands i'd say its your work colleagues who are more likely to make you ill ! All you can do is carry some hand sanitiser but you'd spend so much time farting around the amount of times you have to handle every customers germs !