ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

More porkies from RM

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Hitcher
Posts: 1540
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: More porkies from RM

Post by Hitcher »

I don't know why you're all going on about it when it's already built in to your deliveries.
WHITEANT
Posts: 312
Joined: 17 May 2009, 23:02
Gender: Male

Re: More porkies from RM

Post by WHITEANT »

I agree along with more packets,tracked items , breaking away from delivery to deliver register, its all built in .Even the wtl is built in ;liar
steven100
Posts: 1391
Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 12:35
Gender: Male

Re: More porkies from RM

Post by steven100 »

The only way to stop all this is just work to your time, follow RM procedures and don't let yourself be bullied. Although i know its difficult if your a newbie. So maybe not possible for everyone. Maybe the newbie just have claim overtime for every extra work.
goldy
Posts: 220
Joined: 24 Mar 2009, 13:58
Gender: Male

Re: More porkies from RM

Post by goldy »

steven100 wrote:The only way to stop all this is just work to your time, follow RM procedures and don't let yourself be bullied. Although i know its difficult if your a newbie. So maybe not possible for everyone. Maybe the newbie just have claim overtime for every extra work.
You are a newbie at rm for a very long time guys with 10 years on reserve etc
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: More porkies from RM

Post by eastie »

Hitcher wrote:I don't know why you're all going on about it when it's already built in to your deliveries.
I beg to differ,my 4and a half hour round is unachievable in the time they say .
IF it is included THERE ARE MANY OTHER THINGS THAT ARE NOT .
If my round is unachievable now , if I stopped and looked at every letter rather than doing it whilst I walk the round would be even worse.
Have they built into the rounds this delivering to neighbours and using trolleys , no they havent
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: More porkies from RM

Post by eastie »

WHITEANT wrote:I agree along with more packets,tracked items , breaking away from delivery to deliver register, its all built in .Even the wtl is built in ;liar
Perhaps the coming in early and not taking meal relief is built in as well, well thats what my DOM thinks
Royal_Fail
Posts: 398
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 19:03
Gender: Male

Re: More porkies from RM

Post by Royal_Fail »

Reading while walking is a hard habbit to break i do it with out realising most of time.
Hitcher
Posts: 1540
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: More porkies from RM

Post by Hitcher »

eastie wrote:
Hitcher wrote:I don't know why you're all going on about it when it's already built in to your deliveries.
I beg to differ,my 4and a half hour round is unachievable in the time they say .
IF it is included THERE ARE MANY OTHER THINGS THAT ARE NOT .
If my round is unachievable now , if I stopped and looked at every letter rather than doing it whilst I walk the round would be even worse.
Have they built into the rounds this delivering to neighbours and using trolleys , no they havent
Trolleys, yes.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: More porkies from RM

Post by eastie »

If they have built the use of trolleys into the walk , how did they do this??
Do they know all the places on my walk where I have to go into the road where cars are parked on the pavement and do they know the places on my walk where there are steps that I cant lift the trolley up and have to take a longer route. Do they allow for trying to pull a trolley up a long shingle drive because I cannot leave it out of sight 50 yards away.
The answer is no
Hitcher
Posts: 1540
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: More porkies from RM

Post by Hitcher »

All that info was added when you had your 1-2-1 with the planner. :wink:
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: More porkies from RM

Post by eastie »

Hitcher wrote:All that info was added when you had your 1-2-1 with the planner. :wink:
you might wink but the rounds were changed at the same time they started P/L so none of the postmen knew what the rounds were like.
Nobody was even consulted anyway at our office at the revision stage.
Shows how silly Georoute is,it showed one of my loops going through a 6 ft high brick wall that was built about 5 years ago