ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Recorded's in post boxes

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Terryk
Posts: 24
Joined: 08 Sep 2007, 22:26

Re: Recorded's in post boxes

Post by Terryk »

maninred wrote::funneh
Terryk wrote:The only snag is there are a few which are delivered but get trapped in a bundle and not signed for when delivered.
You mean it never happens! :shock: :shock: :chuckle
TFL001
POST OFFICE
Posts: 52
Joined: 03 Jan 2012, 01:18
Gender: Male

Re: Recorded's in post boxes

Post by TFL001 »

Terryk ... If you take them to your post office and ask them ro speed bulk the items then you can get a copy of just the barcodes ! It takes seconds hey can scan 10 at a time
Terryk
Posts: 24
Joined: 08 Sep 2007, 22:26

Re: Recorded's in post boxes

Post by Terryk »

Thanks. I have asked if there is a quicker way and been told in no uncertain terms there is not. Perhaps I might try a different office and see what happens. I use SmartStamp for the postage so does the postmaster get anything out of it for processing them? If he doesn't my suspicious mind thinks perhaps that's why I get no joy!
mr ford
Posts: 129
Joined: 25 Oct 2012, 14:29
Gender: Male
Location: grimsby

Re: Recorded's in post boxes

Post by mr ford »

Terryk wrote:Thanks. I have asked if there is a quicker way and been told in no uncertain terms there is not. Perhaps I might try a different office and see what happens. I use SmartStamp for the postage so does the postmaster get anything out of it for processing them? If he doesn't my suspicious mind thinks perhaps that's why I get no joy!
postmasters only make money on stamps not smartstamp or meter or ppi
mouse