ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What have you found ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
pike23
Posts: 27
Joined: 12 Feb 2010, 11:05
Gender: Male

Re: What have you found ?

Post by pike23 »

a pigs leg once was laying in middle of road!
boon3590
Posts: 66
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
Gender: Male

Re: What have you found ?

Post by boon3590 »

Once found a DOM in the office after 2pm :cuppa
Dear John
Posts: 7
Joined: 30 Sep 2012, 16:02
Gender: Male

Re: What have you found ?

Post by Dear John »

meercat wrote:A lego policeman. Well happy.
:Very Happy
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: What have you found ?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

glenfiddich wrote:i once found an unconcious prostitute in a doorway :Very Happy
Did you revive her consciousness, and if so how ? :shock: :shock:
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: What have you found ?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

A dead OAP..... and I had a packet for them as well.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: What have you found ?

Post by DGP1 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:A dead OAP..... and I had a packet for them as well.
:shock: Are you Jimmy Savile in disguise .................... necrophilia is wrong, you must seek help :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: What have you found ?

Post by General Mannerheim »

DGP1 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:A dead OAP..... and I had a packet for them as well.
:shock: Are you Jimmy Savile in disguise .................... necrophilia is wrong, you must seek help :nervous
LOL.
Maybe it WAS Jimmy Saville as Teebs isn't that far from Leeds General. :shhhhh
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: What have you found ?

Post by DGP1 »

General Mannerheim wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:A dead OAP..... and I had a packet for them as well.
:shock: Are you Jimmy Savile in disguise .................... necrophilia is wrong, you must seek help :nervous
LOL.
Maybe it WAS Jimmy Saville as Teebs isn't that far from Leeds General. :shhhhh
:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle And this is what happens when he's away and we're left to play alone :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Spanishsteve
Posts: 20
Joined: 16 Aug 2012, 22:00
Gender: Male

Re: What have you found ?

Post by Spanishsteve »

fng wrote:Just this week I found a tenner on the pavement :nervous and last week a sony ericsson xperia x10 smart phone in the gutter :nervous .

The screen was all cloudy because of the rain and the battery cover was missing but £2.58 off ebay and that was sorted and overnight on the radiator and jobs a goodun.
No sim card in the phone and no contacts in the address book, a bit strange really
I suggest that you put an ad in the local shop stating phone found and when with your contact details. Don't put details about the phone in case any chancers ring you. If the phone was nicked then dumped, the lawful owner could have reported it as stolen. If you press *#06# on the phone the IMEI number comes up which is basically the serial number of the phone. If the old bill check this number on a database and it is reported as stolen you will get lifted for theft by finding. If you can prove you have made attempts to trace the owner (ad in shop) then you have a legal defence.
montriff
Posts: 243
Joined: 24 Feb 2009, 17:37
Gender: Male

Re: What have you found ?

Post by montriff »

boon3590 wrote:Once found a DOM in the office after 2pm :cuppa
DGP1 wrote:Recently I've been finding money on peoples driveways/front paths, £30 today alone :hmmmm I just put it through the letterbox and hope that it was theirs.
i call bs on both of those
saddlerposty
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 248
Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 18:20
Gender: Male

Re: What have you found ?

Post by saddlerposty »

i once found found a fiver on the corner of a street of my walk, next day a tenner in exactly the same place, the day after 50p i was thinking of moving house to live there, but had nowt since.
bedfordrl
Posts: 386
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 22:16
Gender: Male
Location: North East Hampshire

Re: What have you found ?

Post by bedfordrl »

I found a garden full of sheep once, there was no front gate and no one around so I cleared off, much later I noticed that the main road was gridlocked and asked what was the problem was and was told that there were bloody sheep everywhere,,""oh! really?", and cleared off again.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: What have you found ?

Post by DGP1 »

montriff wrote:
boon3590 wrote:Once found a DOM in the office after 2pm :cuppa
DGP1 wrote:Recently I've been finding money on peoples driveways/front paths, £30 today alone :hmmmm I just put it through the letterbox and hope that it was theirs.
i call bs on both of those
Think what you like..............after talking to the people, it wasn't even their money...........should have just kept it :roll:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: What have you found ?

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:A dead OAP..... and I had a packet for them as well.
:shock: Are you Jimmy Savile in disguise .................... necrophilia is wrong, you must seek help :nervous
Really? I thought it was OK if they were still warm :oops: I am definitely sending my gold lame jumpsuit to the charity shop now. :angel
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: What have you found ?

Post by DGP1 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:A dead OAP..... and I had a packet for them as well.
:shock: Are you Jimmy Savile in disguise .................... necrophilia is wrong, you must seek help :nervous
Really? I thought it was OK if they were still warm :oops: I am definitely sending my gold lame jumpsuit to the charity shop now. :angel
What about your cigar :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio