ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Interview on Monday

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
thefemalepostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 150
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:00
Gender: Female

Re: Interview on Monday

Post by thefemalepostie »

Another job has come up at the same delivery office so I have emailed the address they stated on the waiting list email. Had no confirmation that they had received it so will wait and see what tomorrow brings.

Keeping everything crossed.
lucylou8512
Posts: 9
Joined: 29 Jun 2011, 20:16
Gender: Female

Re: Interview on Monday

Post by lucylou8512 »

Im a single mum on a 25 hr contract! Its a fantastic job and suits me well. Been there over a year now on rolling 6 month contracts. I always get offered overtime and sometimes i can do it and sometimes i cant. It is so perfect that i can drop my kids at school and pick them up again and do a shift! And you get paid to keep fit. I have noticed there are alot of politics in my office but i just get on with my job and not let it bother me! Dont worry about the weather...once ur soaked thru and your hair is a mess, who cares!!!
Good luck with interview, and I hope u get a good office to work in. x
thefemalepostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 150
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:00
Gender: Female

Re: Interview on Monday

Post by thefemalepostie »

I have got the job pending security checks. :Very Happy

Can't work out my hours as it was 23.5 hours a week but working 10-4??? I make that 30 hours a week lol. I'm in a minority that I don't want that many hours. 23.5 hours suits me absolutely fine.
Hitcher
Posts: 1540
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: Interview on Monday

Post by Hitcher »

Good luck working your hours. :roll:
thefemalepostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 150
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:00
Gender: Female

Re: Interview on Monday

Post by thefemalepostie »

Update on this. I start my induction beginning of December.

Nervous about starting especially so close to Xmas. It really will be a baptism of fire! But pleased that I will have a couple of pay days before Christmas!!!

Thanks everyone for the advice and scare stories!!
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Interview on Monday

Post by Stormproof »

divadee wrote:
Thanks everyone for the advice and scare stories!!
You'll find out soon enough :whistle
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Interview on Monday

Post by krussel »

divadee wrote:Update on this. I start my induction beginning of December.

Nervous about starting especially so close to Xmas. It really will be a baptism of fire! But pleased that I will have a couple of pay days before Christmas!!!

Thanks everyone for the advice and scare stories!!
Well i guess you are starting at the worse time of year so it will only get lighter than this. Nothing like throwing yourself in at the deep end :Very Happy

The very best of luck, hope it goes well :thumbup

(dont get pressured into using your own car on delivery)
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
thefemalepostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 150
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:00
Gender: Female

Re: Interview on Monday

Post by thefemalepostie »

krussel wrote:
divadee wrote:Update on this. I start my induction beginning of December.

Nervous about starting especially so close to Xmas. It really will be a baptism of fire! But pleased that I will have a couple of pay days before Christmas!!!

Thanks everyone for the advice and scare stories!!
Well i guess you are starting at the worse time of year so it will only get lighter than this. Nothing like throwing yourself in at the deep end :Very Happy

The very best of luck, hope it goes well :thumbup

(dont get pressured into using your own car on delivery)
Don't worry I won't be using my car! I definitely won't be a runner as I won't be coming in hours early. I start at 10. So I will be there at 9.55. I will sometimes do overtime if agreed payment before hand, but I can't go over every day due to family commitments (and I told them this at interview) so will have to cut off as well!

God that we will be glad they've got me won't they! Pmsl
KS
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 24
Joined: 05 Sep 2012, 16:30
Gender: Female

Re: Interview on Monday

Post by KS »

Good luck. I've been working on deliveries for about 6 weeks now. Check out the "advice for newbies" thread as it has lots of top tips.
I was contracted for 15 hours a week but found I was automatically put on a rota covering 5 x days with a 5 hour walk(which always takes me longer) Was dreading having a conversation with management about only working my contracted hours and ensuring I was paid for actual hours worked given all the horror stories on here. Was all psyched up for a battle but blow me they were completely reasonable and approachable!!!!!!! It's hard physical work but I am enjoying it and I am no iron man.