Another job has come up at the same delivery office so I have emailed the address they stated on the waiting list email. Had no confirmation that they had received it so will wait and see what tomorrow brings.
Keeping everything crossed.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Interview on Monday
-
thefemalepostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 150
- Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:00
- Gender: Female
-
lucylou8512
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 29 Jun 2011, 20:16
- Gender: Female
Re: Interview on Monday
Im a single mum on a 25 hr contract! Its a fantastic job and suits me well. Been there over a year now on rolling 6 month contracts. I always get offered overtime and sometimes i can do it and sometimes i cant. It is so perfect that i can drop my kids at school and pick them up again and do a shift! And you get paid to keep fit. I have noticed there are alot of politics in my office but i just get on with my job and not let it bother me! Dont worry about the weather...once ur soaked thru and your hair is a mess, who cares!!!
Good luck with interview, and I hope u get a good office to work in. x
Good luck with interview, and I hope u get a good office to work in. x
-
thefemalepostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 150
- Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:00
- Gender: Female
Re: Interview on Monday
I have got the job pending security checks.
Can't work out my hours as it was 23.5 hours a week but working 10-4??? I make that 30 hours a week lol. I'm in a minority that I don't want that many hours. 23.5 hours suits me absolutely fine.
Can't work out my hours as it was 23.5 hours a week but working 10-4??? I make that 30 hours a week lol. I'm in a minority that I don't want that many hours. 23.5 hours suits me absolutely fine.
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1540
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Interview on Monday
Good luck working your hours. 
-
thefemalepostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 150
- Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:00
- Gender: Female
Re: Interview on Monday
Update on this. I start my induction beginning of December.
Nervous about starting especially so close to Xmas. It really will be a baptism of fire! But pleased that I will have a couple of pay days before Christmas!!!
Thanks everyone for the advice and scare stories!!
Nervous about starting especially so close to Xmas. It really will be a baptism of fire! But pleased that I will have a couple of pay days before Christmas!!!
Thanks everyone for the advice and scare stories!!
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Interview on Monday
You'll find out soon enoughdivadee wrote:
Thanks everyone for the advice and scare stories!!
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Interview on Monday
Well i guess you are starting at the worse time of year so it will only get lighter than this. Nothing like throwing yourself in at the deep enddivadee wrote:Update on this. I start my induction beginning of December.
Nervous about starting especially so close to Xmas. It really will be a baptism of fire! But pleased that I will have a couple of pay days before Christmas!!!
Thanks everyone for the advice and scare stories!!
The very best of luck, hope it goes well
(dont get pressured into using your own car on delivery)
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
thefemalepostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 150
- Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:00
- Gender: Female
Re: Interview on Monday
Don't worry I won't be using my car! I definitely won't be a runner as I won't be coming in hours early. I start at 10. So I will be there at 9.55. I will sometimes do overtime if agreed payment before hand, but I can't go over every day due to family commitments (and I told them this at interview) so will have to cut off as well!krussel wrote:Well i guess you are starting at the worse time of year so it will only get lighter than this. Nothing like throwing yourself in at the deep enddivadee wrote:Update on this. I start my induction beginning of December.
Nervous about starting especially so close to Xmas. It really will be a baptism of fire! But pleased that I will have a couple of pay days before Christmas!!!
Thanks everyone for the advice and scare stories!!![]()
The very best of luck, hope it goes well![]()
(dont get pressured into using your own car on delivery)
God that we will be glad they've got me won't they! Pmsl
-
KS
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 05 Sep 2012, 16:30
- Gender: Female
Re: Interview on Monday
Good luck. I've been working on deliveries for about 6 weeks now. Check out the "advice for newbies" thread as it has lots of top tips.
I was contracted for 15 hours a week but found I was automatically put on a rota covering 5 x days with a 5 hour walk(which always takes me longer) Was dreading having a conversation with management about only working my contracted hours and ensuring I was paid for actual hours worked given all the horror stories on here. Was all psyched up for a battle but blow me they were completely reasonable and approachable!!!!!!! It's hard physical work but I am enjoying it and I am no iron man.
I was contracted for 15 hours a week but found I was automatically put on a rota covering 5 x days with a 5 hour walk(which always takes me longer) Was dreading having a conversation with management about only working my contracted hours and ensuring I was paid for actual hours worked given all the horror stories on here. Was all psyched up for a battle but blow me they were completely reasonable and approachable!!!!!!! It's hard physical work but I am enjoying it and I am no iron man.