ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

christmas cards to customers

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Theghost
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 417
Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
Gender: Male

Re: christmas cards to customers

Post by Theghost »

Why not just hang a sign around your neck saying "Please give me some money" ??

If a customer is kind enough to tip me,Then i will send a card wishing a merry xmas with a Thank you.

I would never dream of posting them all cards,Shameless.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: christmas cards to customers

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

GavinC85 wrote:If i've been given a tip i'll normally give them a christmas card, wouldnt send one to everyone though,
that's what I do.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: christmas cards to customers

Post by dvbuk55 »

I waited until after christmas generally, when I had more time, and then sent a Thank You card, it seemed to be only good manners to recognise someones kindness.
monkeymutha
Posts: 317
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
Gender: Female
Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit

Re: christmas cards to customers

Post by monkeymutha »

If they tip me I will continue collecting letters from their letter boxes (lazy sods), else in the new year I'll show em where the f***ing post box is!! :mad
dounome
Posts: 91
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:21

Re: christmas cards to customers

Post by dounome »

steven100 wrote:What happens if you don't believe in xmas??? I mean you don't celebrate xmas...like Jehovahs witness. Can you refuse to deliver xmas cards????
How do you know its a Xmas Card?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: christmas cards to customers

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

steven100 wrote:What happens if you don't believe in xmas??? I mean you don't celebrate xmas...like Jehovahs witness. Can you refuse to deliver xmas cards????
No because when you deliver a letter/card you are not celebrating Christmas the resident are. Also if your a Jehovahs Witness then you should be working on Christmas Day anyway, perhaps they could knock on the doors of the cards recipients and make them aware of their sins.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
steven100
Posts: 1391
Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 12:35
Gender: Male

Re: christmas cards to customers

Post by steven100 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
steven100 wrote:What happens if you don't believe in xmas??? I mean you don't celebrate xmas...like Jehovahs witness. Can you refuse to deliver xmas cards????
No because when you deliver a letter/card you are not celebrating Christmas the resident are. Also if your a Jehovahs Witness then you should be working on Christmas Day anyway, perhaps they could knock on the doors of the cards recipients and make them aware of their sins.
I'm not a j witness, but if i was i'd gladly work on xmas day for rm (cough cough) :nana :nana .