ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Interview on Monday
-
feduppostie
- Posts: 947
- Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46
Re: Interview on Monday
have an answer for every question
if you have no answer for even 1 then it is seriously marked down
and while posts on here can seem scary don't panic
if you get the job feel your own way make your own choices
it's a great job i've been here 14 years
if you have no answer for even 1 then it is seriously marked down
and while posts on here can seem scary don't panic
if you get the job feel your own way make your own choices
it's a great job i've been here 14 years
-
thefemalepostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 150
- Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:00
- Gender: Female
Re: Interview on Monday
Well I had the interview. Was very nervous but manager put me at ease.
He was very honest about the job and park and loop etc...
One thing that confused me is he said I would be ideal for callers office (don't know if it's my vast customer service experience?) he said he didnt think a job was open at the moment in office but he would tell top boss that's what he thought.
Will let you all know the outcome. Thanks for the advice and the scares lol. Xxxx
He was very honest about the job and park and loop etc...
One thing that confused me is he said I would be ideal for callers office (don't know if it's my vast customer service experience?) he said he didnt think a job was open at the moment in office but he would tell top boss that's what he thought.
Will let you all know the outcome. Thanks for the advice and the scares lol. Xxxx
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Interview on Monday
Glad it went well. 
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
thefemalepostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 150
- Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:00
- Gender: Female
Re: Interview on Monday
Thanks krussel. It was a nice chat and the normal questions about team work, repetitive work etc.....it seemed positive but I never know if they are just trying to be nice.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Interview on Monday
I had about 7 years experience as a phone drone in Customer Care, and direct selling experience at the same time (selling to complaining customerdivadee wrote:One thing that confused me is he said I would be ideal for callers office (don't know if it's my vast customer service experience?) x
However, the nickname on here for it is the Room of Doom, the customers are usually queuing outside the building (even in large ones), staffing levels are just enough if your lucky, and managers are rarely available even when a customer demands to see one. The good sides are that the regulars tip well, its warm and dry in winter and when its busy the time flies by.
Congratulations.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
thefemalepostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 150
- Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:00
- Gender: Female
Re: Interview on Monday
Thanks true blue!
Callers officers would suit me more especially when it's raining lol. My past 12 years job experience are all high stress customer facing roles. Incl complaints etc..... So wouldn't bother me being faced with all that.
Just got to keep fingers crossed that I get offered the job! One thing I think in my favour is the top boss called whilst my interview was ongoing and he told her about my positivity and enthusiasm whilst on the phone. So hopeful!
Callers officers would suit me more especially when it's raining lol. My past 12 years job experience are all high stress customer facing roles. Incl complaints etc..... So wouldn't bother me being faced with all that.
Just got to keep fingers crossed that I get offered the job! One thing I think in my favour is the top boss called whilst my interview was ongoing and he told her about my positivity and enthusiasm whilst on the phone. So hopeful!
-
DirtyHarry
- Posts: 5051
- Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: Interview on Monday
Oh, dear.divadee wrote:
He was very honest about the job and park and loop etc.
You'll learn, given time.
-
thefemalepostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 150
- Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:00
- Gender: Female
Re: Interview on Monday
No honestly he was! He more or less said what Is said on here every day! The job has changed and not for the better etc... Some rounds too big others small etc... I was surprised to be honest.DirtyHarry wrote:Oh, dear.divadee wrote:
He was very honest about the job and park and loop etc.
You'll learn, given time.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Interview on Monday
I think that a lot of the old school type managers have seen the changes and how they have ruined the running of the delivery business and are quite open about it.
The best thing about starting new is you have nothing to compare it to.
I normally get offered the "room of doom" at xmas time as i refuse the overtime package
. It can be very busy and quite good in the winter. What lets it down is the lack of back up from managers when you get a trick customer. If they bother coming to the counter to see the customer they quite often take the customers side in front of you and pass the blame.
You have made the best start by coming on here, although we moan a lot, you will find out more in a day on the site than a month in the job.
Hope you get it.
The best thing about starting new is you have nothing to compare it to.
I normally get offered the "room of doom" at xmas time as i refuse the overtime package
You have made the best start by coming on here, although we moan a lot, you will find out more in a day on the site than a month in the job.
Hope you get it.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
BingBong
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 755
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: the north
Re: Interview on Monday
did you apply online? if so keep checking your account for updates. also check your mobile phone, text messages, voicemails and email. the recruitment process is mega slow. keep checking everyday. i nearly didnt get employed due to a failed text message not recieved my end. pure chance i called them to find out about my application as online it was stuck on 'waiting start date'...divadee wrote:Thanks true blue!
Callers officers would suit me more especially when it's raining lol. My past 12 years job experience are all high stress customer facing roles. Incl complaints etc..... So wouldn't bother me being faced with all that.
Just got to keep fingers crossed that I get offered the job! One thing I think in my favour is the top boss called whilst my interview was ongoing and he told her about my positivity and enthusiasm whilst on the phone. So hopeful!
Toon Army!
-
thefemalepostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 150
- Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:00
- Gender: Female
Re: Interview on Monday
I passed the interview but I have been put on the waiting list. Is this good or a waste of time?
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Interview on Monday
You could get lucky and get something soon,but again it could be a while.divadee wrote:I passed the interview but I have been put on the waiting list. Is this good or a waste of time?
Wouldn't say it was a waste of time,but keep one eye out elsewhere as you never know.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
AJ1987
- Posts: 108
- Joined: 29 Apr 2012, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Interview on Monday
Keep checking for new vacancies too. I was put in the waiting list after I went to an interview in an office about 10miles away. That night there was a vacancy advertised for the office on my doorstep so emailed straight away and got it. As you've already passed your interview they should give you an immediate unconditional offer in instances like this.divadee wrote:I passed the interview but I have been put on the waiting list. Is this good or a waste of time?
-
thefemalepostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 150
- Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:00
- Gender: Female
Re: Interview on Monday
Thanks postman and aj.
I will keep checking the vacancies online. One has come up but it's a bit too far for me really and worried that I wouldn't get a transfer if one nearer came up.
I will keep checking the vacancies online. One has come up but it's a bit too far for me really and worried that I wouldn't get a transfer if one nearer came up.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Interview on Monday
Most mail centers will be offering Xmas indoor work to anyone from mid November to Mid Jan. If your stuck just waiting around then give that a go. The fact you have passed a RM interview must put you top of the list. Just a thought 
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........