ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Interview on Monday

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
feduppostie
Posts: 947
Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46

Re: Interview on Monday

Post by feduppostie »

have an answer for every question

if you have no answer for even 1 then it is seriously marked down

and while posts on here can seem scary don't panic

if you get the job feel your own way make your own choices

it's a great job i've been here 14 years
thefemalepostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 150
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:00
Gender: Female

Re: Interview on Monday

Post by thefemalepostie »

Well I had the interview. Was very nervous but manager put me at ease.

He was very honest about the job and park and loop etc...

One thing that confused me is he said I would be ideal for callers office (don't know if it's my vast customer service experience?) he said he didnt think a job was open at the moment in office but he would tell top boss that's what he thought.

Will let you all know the outcome. Thanks for the advice and the scares lol. Xxxx
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Interview on Monday

Post by krussel »

Glad it went well. :thumbup
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
thefemalepostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 150
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:00
Gender: Female

Re: Interview on Monday

Post by thefemalepostie »

Thanks krussel. It was a nice chat and the normal questions about team work, repetitive work etc.....it seemed positive but I never know if they are just trying to be nice.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Interview on Monday

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

divadee wrote:One thing that confused me is he said I would be ideal for callers office (don't know if it's my vast customer service experience?) x
I had about 7 years experience as a phone drone in Customer Care, and direct selling experience at the same time (selling to complaining customer :left: ) and it does help. All the skills you get in Customer Services, empathy, conflict resolution etc, all indeed do help. If you enjoyed the role in other businesses you may enjoy it in Royal Mail.

However, the nickname on here for it is the Room of Doom, the customers are usually queuing outside the building (even in large ones), staffing levels are just enough if your lucky, and managers are rarely available even when a customer demands to see one. The good sides are that the regulars tip well, its warm and dry in winter and when its busy the time flies by.

Congratulations.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
thefemalepostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 150
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:00
Gender: Female

Re: Interview on Monday

Post by thefemalepostie »

Thanks true blue!

Callers officers would suit me more especially when it's raining lol. My past 12 years job experience are all high stress customer facing roles. Incl complaints etc..... So wouldn't bother me being faced with all that.

Just got to keep fingers crossed that I get offered the job! One thing I think in my favour is the top boss called whilst my interview was ongoing and he told her about my positivity and enthusiasm whilst on the phone. So hopeful!
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: Interview on Monday

Post by DirtyHarry »

divadee wrote:
He was very honest about the job and park and loop etc.
Oh, dear.
You'll learn, given time. :cuppa
thefemalepostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 150
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:00
Gender: Female

Re: Interview on Monday

Post by thefemalepostie »

DirtyHarry wrote:
divadee wrote:
He was very honest about the job and park and loop etc.
Oh, dear.
You'll learn, given time. :cuppa
No honestly he was! He more or less said what Is said on here every day! The job has changed and not for the better etc... Some rounds too big others small etc... I was surprised to be honest.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Interview on Monday

Post by krussel »

I think that a lot of the old school type managers have seen the changes and how they have ruined the running of the delivery business and are quite open about it.

The best thing about starting new is you have nothing to compare it to. :Very Happy

I normally get offered the "room of doom" at xmas time as i refuse the overtime package :Very Happy . It can be very busy and quite good in the winter. What lets it down is the lack of back up from managers when you get a trick customer. If they bother coming to the counter to see the customer they quite often take the customers side in front of you and pass the blame. :sad:

You have made the best start by coming on here, although we moan a lot, you will find out more in a day on the site than a month in the job. :Very Happy

Hope you get it. :wink:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
BingBong
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 755
Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
Gender: Female
Location: the north

Re: Interview on Monday

Post by BingBong »

divadee wrote:Thanks true blue!

Callers officers would suit me more especially when it's raining lol. My past 12 years job experience are all high stress customer facing roles. Incl complaints etc..... So wouldn't bother me being faced with all that.

Just got to keep fingers crossed that I get offered the job! One thing I think in my favour is the top boss called whilst my interview was ongoing and he told her about my positivity and enthusiasm whilst on the phone. So hopeful!
did you apply online? if so keep checking your account for updates. also check your mobile phone, text messages, voicemails and email. the recruitment process is mega slow. keep checking everyday. i nearly didnt get employed due to a failed text message not recieved my end. pure chance i called them to find out about my application as online it was stuck on 'waiting start date'...
Toon Army!
thefemalepostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 150
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:00
Gender: Female

Re: Interview on Monday

Post by thefemalepostie »

I passed the interview but I have been put on the waiting list. Is this good or a waste of time?
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Interview on Monday

Post by POSTMAN »

divadee wrote:I passed the interview but I have been put on the waiting list. Is this good or a waste of time?
You could get lucky and get something soon,but again it could be a while.
Wouldn't say it was a waste of time,but keep one eye out elsewhere as you never know.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
AJ1987
Posts: 108
Joined: 29 Apr 2012, 17:29
Gender: Male

Re: Interview on Monday

Post by AJ1987 »

divadee wrote:I passed the interview but I have been put on the waiting list. Is this good or a waste of time?
Keep checking for new vacancies too. I was put in the waiting list after I went to an interview in an office about 10miles away. That night there was a vacancy advertised for the office on my doorstep so emailed straight away and got it. As you've already passed your interview they should give you an immediate unconditional offer in instances like this.
thefemalepostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 150
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:00
Gender: Female

Re: Interview on Monday

Post by thefemalepostie »

Thanks postman and aj.

I will keep checking the vacancies online. One has come up but it's a bit too far for me really and worried that I wouldn't get a transfer if one nearer came up.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Interview on Monday

Post by krussel »

Most mail centers will be offering Xmas indoor work to anyone from mid November to Mid Jan. If your stuck just waiting around then give that a go. The fact you have passed a RM interview must put you top of the list. Just a thought :wink:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........