ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

strangest thing a customer has said to you?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: strangest thing a customer has said to you?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

clashcityrocker wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:"Can you tell me, one of the days last week when you put my mail through the door did it land on the chair, not the floor ?" to which I had no answer as the door is windowless AND I was away on holiday last week. :crazy: :shock: :crazy:
Breakfast :nana
She's nearly twice my age :shock: , and I'm no spring chicken :crazy: .
BingBong
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 755
Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
Gender: Female
Location: the north

Re: strangest thing a customer has said to you?

Post by BingBong »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:"Can you tell me, one of the days last week when you put my mail through the door did it land on the chair, not the floor ?" to which I had no answer as the door is windowless AND I was away on holiday last week. :crazy: :shock: :crazy:
Breakfast :nana
She's nearly twice my age :shock: , and I'm no spring chicken :crazy: .
Excuse me, you didn't knock! (shows me a CityLink delivery card!)
Toon Army!
Mr Rush
Posts: 3377
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
Gender: Male

Re: strangest thing a customer has said to you?

Post by Mr Rush »

nerradc wrote:Excuse me, you didn't knock! (shows me a CityLink delivery card!)
I had that too a few years ago. I asked if she could show me the card and immediately pointed out the large CityLink logo. Had to bite my tongue :wink:
The machine stops.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: strangest thing a customer has said to you?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Today: Why has the amount on my Giro changed..........

Me - Ummmmmmm (thinking WTF)

Well the PO pay it so you should know.


Me. :wave :wave :wave :wave
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: strangest thing a customer has said to you?

Post by clashcityrocker »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Today: Why has the amount on my Giro changed..........
You should have asked if they have purchased annual leave?
Bought a bike?
Has Giro gone over to PSP?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
taptap
Posts: 59
Joined: 14 Oct 2011, 12:40
Gender: Male
Location: The gap where the letters go

Re: strangest thing a customer has said to you?

Post by taptap »

old lady says to me whilst I cycle past "Have you seen the bus"?.
taptap
Posts: 59
Joined: 14 Oct 2011, 12:40
Gender: Male
Location: The gap where the letters go

Re: strangest thing a customer has said to you?

Post by taptap »

Oh and one more.
Upon delivering the wrong letter to an address old man comes out and says" Are you blind".
me, "Who said that"?