ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Fury after recorded mail goes missing
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Fury after recorded mail goes missing
http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/mr-just ... -31701275/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
THE Royal Mail has apologised for losing important letters from an advocacy service – but still hasn’t found them.
Alan Bull, who runs an independent advice service, sent three letters about his clients’ problems to companies or courts.
None of them reached their destination and Alan, of Benton, Newcastle, has demanded answers.
Alan used the recorded delivery system and to say he has some choice words for the Royal Mail service is an understatement.
“It’s a disgraceful and unreliable service,” he said. “The public need to be protected.
“It just keeps getting worse and worse. It’s a shambles.
“These letters are important to the successful conclusion of my clients’ cases.”
He said it was not the first time it had happened and has complained about several previous incidents.
In his complaint to the Royal Mail, he said: “I want to know where my letters are, I want a reply to my complaint, I want compensation for my time and expenses, I want the recorded delivery fit for purpose and not the shambles it is at present.
“Now where the h*** are my letters?”
Got the message but do the Royal Mail get the message?
Here’s what spokesman Heulyn Davies has to say.
“We always want to hear from any customer who has experienced any difficulty with our service and encourage anyone who has a specific complaint to contact us with the details.
“We handle around 59 million items of mail each day and the overwhelming majority arrive safely.
“However, we do take each complaint seriously and we are currently investigating the issue raised by Mr Bull.”
Alan says he has still not heard anything.
Reply lost in the post?
THE Royal Mail has apologised for losing important letters from an advocacy service – but still hasn’t found them.
Alan Bull, who runs an independent advice service, sent three letters about his clients’ problems to companies or courts.
None of them reached their destination and Alan, of Benton, Newcastle, has demanded answers.
Alan used the recorded delivery system and to say he has some choice words for the Royal Mail service is an understatement.
“It’s a disgraceful and unreliable service,” he said. “The public need to be protected.
“It just keeps getting worse and worse. It’s a shambles.
“These letters are important to the successful conclusion of my clients’ cases.”
He said it was not the first time it had happened and has complained about several previous incidents.
In his complaint to the Royal Mail, he said: “I want to know where my letters are, I want a reply to my complaint, I want compensation for my time and expenses, I want the recorded delivery fit for purpose and not the shambles it is at present.
“Now where the h*** are my letters?”
Got the message but do the Royal Mail get the message?
Here’s what spokesman Heulyn Davies has to say.
“We always want to hear from any customer who has experienced any difficulty with our service and encourage anyone who has a specific complaint to contact us with the details.
“We handle around 59 million items of mail each day and the overwhelming majority arrive safely.
“However, we do take each complaint seriously and we are currently investigating the issue raised by Mr Bull.”
Alan says he has still not heard anything.
Reply lost in the post?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Fury after recorded mail goes missing
“It’s a disgraceful and unreliable service,” he said. “The public need to be protected.
“It just keeps getting worse and worse. It’s a shambles.
“These letters are important to the successful conclusion of my clients’ cases.”
He said it was not the first time it had happened and has complained about several previous incidents.
Why then does he continue to use what he knows to be such an unreliable service, and not Special Delivery, for such important documents ?
Alan Bull "runs an independent advice service" but I wouldn't ask his advice on anything.
“It just keeps getting worse and worse. It’s a shambles.
“These letters are important to the successful conclusion of my clients’ cases.”
He said it was not the first time it had happened and has complained about several previous incidents.
Why then does he continue to use what he knows to be such an unreliable service, and not Special Delivery, for such important documents ?
Alan Bull "runs an independent advice service" but I wouldn't ask his advice on anything.
-
chickenwittle
- Posts: 2095
- Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Fury after recorded mail goes missing
to be fair why should he pay extra for special deliveries,recorded items should be reaching their destinations anyway.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Fury after recorded mail goes missing
If so many are going missing then maybe he's doing something wrong and not us, for one letter to go missing is unfortunate...........for 3 to go missing 
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
ElvisGaddafi
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Scotland
Re: Fury after recorded mail goes missing
This sounds dodgy to me.
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Fury after recorded mail goes missing
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Fury after recorded mail goes missing
Because anyone who complains that he has a repeatedly poor and unreliable experience with a particular service and continues to use that service to send "important" documents is either a liar or an idiot.chickenwittle wrote:to be fair why should he pay extra for special deliveries,recorded items should be reaching their destinations anyway.
Not really bothered which.
I actually agree with him,it is disgraceful,unreliable and a shambles...that's why,if i had something important to send,i would use Special Delivery.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
postypie
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Fury after recorded mail goes missing
Recorded delivery service is quite frankly.....pi..s poor....i am aware of that over 99% of specials get to their destination on time...(well did last time i checked).....would be interesting to see what figures the Recorded delivery service have in reaching their destination on time and being signed for....my guess..based on what i have seen in the callers office and tracing recorded items on our computer...i would guess pretty low!

-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32803
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Fury after recorded mail goes missing
Well versed on here about the RD service.
PS:Is hell a swear word,or is it heck,ermm I don't mean,'is it heck',I mean,does he mean heck,oh ffs you know what I mean,now that's a swear word,no I don't mean 'that',I mean ffs,well tbh there is only 1 swear word in there and it's f**k.
PS:Is hell a swear word,or is it heck,ermm I don't mean,'is it heck',I mean,does he mean heck,oh ffs you know what I mean,now that's a swear word,no I don't mean 'that',I mean ffs,well tbh there is only 1 swear word in there and it's f**k.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: Fury after recorded mail goes missing
someone c*** do their job properly 
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
briantwigley
- Posts: 135
- Joined: 27 Mar 2012, 18:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Fury after recorded mail goes missing
Funny how it always happens to him. Does he know recordeds are no safer than normal mail?
-
justdeno
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
- Gender: Female
Re: Fury after recorded mail goes missing
Perhaps he knows if he complains( even without investigation)he will get £16.00. One person in our area got over £80.00 in one day(kept calling and complaining)that posties were not knocking at her door(one bed).Peeps find this out and get on the bandwagon. 
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Fury after recorded mail goes missing
I've just had to put in a claim for a lost RD item. It was only going 5 miles away and was a job application form. And no, I couldn't have dropped it off myself as I don't have the car much nowadays, not that I feel safe to drive anyway, but that's another story.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?