ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Fury after recorded mail goes missing

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Fury after recorded mail goes missing

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/mr-just ... -31701275/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

THE Royal Mail has apologised for losing important letters from an advocacy service – but still hasn’t found them.

Alan Bull, who runs an independent advice service, sent three letters about his clients’ problems to companies or courts.

None of them reached their destination and Alan, of Benton, Newcastle, has demanded answers.

Alan used the recorded delivery system and to say he has some choice words for the Royal Mail service is an understatement.

“It’s a disgraceful and unreliable service,” he said. “The public need to be protected.

“It just keeps getting worse and worse. It’s a shambles.

“These letters are important to the successful conclusion of my clients’ cases.”

He said it was not the first time it had happened and has complained about several previous incidents.

In his complaint to the Royal Mail, he said: “I want to know where my letters are, I want a reply to my complaint, I want compensation for my time and expenses, I want the recorded delivery fit for purpose and not the shambles it is at present.

“Now where the h*** are my letters?”

Got the message but do the Royal Mail get the message?

Here’s what spokesman Heulyn Davies has to say.

“We always want to hear from any customer who has experienced any difficulty with our service and encourage anyone who has a specific complaint to contact us with the details.

“We handle around 59 million items of mail each day and the overwhelming majority arrive safely.

“However, we do take each complaint seriously and we are currently investigating the issue raised by Mr Bull.”

Alan says he has still not heard anything.

Reply lost in the post?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Fury after recorded mail goes missing

Post by Lounge Lizard »

“It’s a disgraceful and unreliable service,” he said. “The public need to be protected.
“It just keeps getting worse and worse. It’s a shambles.
“These letters are important to the successful conclusion of my clients’ cases.”
He said it was not the first time it had happened and has complained about several previous incidents.
:crazy:
Why then does he continue to use what he knows to be such an unreliable service, and not Special Delivery, for such important documents ? :crazy:
Alan Bull "runs an independent advice service" but I wouldn't ask his advice on anything. :shock:
chickenwittle
Posts: 2095
Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
Gender: Male

Re: Fury after recorded mail goes missing

Post by chickenwittle »

to be fair why should he pay extra for special deliveries,recorded items should be reaching their destinations anyway.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Fury after recorded mail goes missing

Post by DGP1 »

If so many are going missing then maybe he's doing something wrong and not us, for one letter to go missing is unfortunate...........for 3 to go missing :hmmmm
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
ElvisGaddafi
Posts: 249
Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:17
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Re: Fury after recorded mail goes missing

Post by ElvisGaddafi »

This sounds dodgy to me.
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Fury after recorded mail goes missing

Post by stokes11eg »

:sad: Sadly, some post offices are to blame here,not your postie. Have known of RD's being left for days in my local one!
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Fury after recorded mail goes missing

Post by fishtank »

chickenwittle wrote:to be fair why should he pay extra for special deliveries,recorded items should be reaching their destinations anyway.
Because anyone who complains that he has a repeatedly poor and unreliable experience with a particular service and continues to use that service to send "important" documents is either a liar or an idiot.
Not really bothered which.

I actually agree with him,it is disgraceful,unreliable and a shambles...that's why,if i had something important to send,i would use Special Delivery. :neutral:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
postypie
Posts: 435
Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: Fury after recorded mail goes missing

Post by postypie »

Recorded delivery service is quite frankly.....pi..s poor....i am aware of that over 99% of specials get to their destination on time...(well did last time i checked).....would be interesting to see what figures the Recorded delivery service have in reaching their destination on time and being signed for....my guess..based on what i have seen in the callers office and tracing recorded items on our computer...i would guess pretty low! :oops: :oops: :oops:
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32803
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Fury after recorded mail goes missing

Post by POSTMAN »

Well versed on here about the RD service. :sad:

PS:Is hell a swear word,or is it heck,ermm I don't mean,'is it heck',I mean,does he mean heck,oh ffs you know what I mean,now that's a swear word,no I don't mean 'that',I mean ffs,well tbh there is only 1 swear word in there and it's f**k. :d'oh!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Fury after recorded mail goes missing

Post by 5plusbonusball »

someone c*** do their job properly :chuckle
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
briantwigley
Posts: 135
Joined: 27 Mar 2012, 18:24
Gender: Male

Re: Fury after recorded mail goes missing

Post by briantwigley »

Funny how it always happens to him. Does he know recordeds are no safer than normal mail?
justdeno
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
Gender: Female

Re: Fury after recorded mail goes missing

Post by justdeno »

Perhaps he knows if he complains( even without investigation)he will get £16.00. One person in our area got over £80.00 in one day(kept calling and complaining)that posties were not knocking at her door(one bed).Peeps find this out and get on the bandwagon. :crazy:
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Fury after recorded mail goes missing

Post by TeeferTiger »

I've just had to put in a claim for a lost RD item. It was only going 5 miles away and was a job application form. And no, I couldn't have dropped it off myself as I don't have the car much nowadays, not that I feel safe to drive anyway, but that's another story.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?