ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Do we still get free access to English Heritage sites?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Do we still get free access to English Heritage sites?

Post by Stormproof »

dcb1066 wrote:can our wives use our card to get free entry to english heritage sites or do we have to be present?
I showed my ID card but they did'nt check it, but that was only 1 site. With the card you can gain entry for 2 adults and up to 4 children I think.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Do we still get free access to English Heritage sites?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

dcb1066 wrote:can our wives use our card to get free entry to english heritage sites or do we have to be present?
If your wife can then presumably so too can your girlfriend, mistress, friend, third cousin twice removed or anyone else you might ever have known or met. :crazy:
Listonosz
Posts: 49
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 20:21
Gender: Male

Re: Do we still get free access to English Heritage sites?

Post by Listonosz »

I've used mine a couple of times to get in for free, Bolsover Castle, Brodsworth Hall, even gave me 15% discount in the shops on site
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Do we still get free access to English Heritage sites?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Listonosz wrote:I've used mine a couple of times to get in for free, Bolsover Castle, Brodsworth Hall, even gave me 15% discount in the shops on site
Yes, Bolsover Castle is one of the ones I've used it for. :nana
I remain disappointed that when holidaying in Wales or Scotland the their equivalents of English Heritage charge the full rate. :sad:
kmite
Posts: 16
Joined: 08 Oct 2009, 21:03
Gender: Male

Re: Do we still get free access to English Heritage sites?

Post by kmite »

Any offers like this for scotland? Or is uncle eck salmon not feeling love for the scoposties
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Do we still get free access to English Heritage sites?

Post by POSTMAN »

I'm sure it was in the courier that 'the others' arent interested,or it's being looked into or something like that.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
L8Hatter
Posts: 191
Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 13:26
Gender: Male

Re: Do we still get free access to English Heritage sites?

Post by L8Hatter »

Thanks a lot for this. Didn't have a danny
Red Robbo
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 680
Joined: 31 Jan 2012, 09:23
Gender: Male

Re: Do we still get free access to English Heritage sites?

Post by Red Robbo »

I have just bought a new motor and the dealership asked if I worked for a number of companies one being Royal Mail and got a few quid knocked off the price by showing my ID, Vauxhall by the way. :dance :dance :dance
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Do we still get free access to English Heritage sites?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Red Robbo wrote:I have just bought a new motor and the dealership asked if I worked for a number of companies one being Royal Mail and got a few quid knocked off the price by showing my ID, Vauxhall by the way. :dance :dance :dance
Let's hope your new Vauxhall is as reliable as a Combo van. :left: