I showed my ID card but they did'nt check it, but that was only 1 site. With the card you can gain entry for 2 adults and up to 4 children I think.dcb1066 wrote:can our wives use our card to get free entry to english heritage sites or do we have to be present?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Do we still get free access to English Heritage sites?
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Do we still get free access to English Heritage sites?
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Do we still get free access to English Heritage sites?
If your wife can then presumably so too can your girlfriend, mistress, friend, third cousin twice removed or anyone else you might ever have known or met.dcb1066 wrote:can our wives use our card to get free entry to english heritage sites or do we have to be present?
-
Listonosz
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Do we still get free access to English Heritage sites?
I've used mine a couple of times to get in for free, Bolsover Castle, Brodsworth Hall, even gave me 15% discount in the shops on site
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Do we still get free access to English Heritage sites?
Yes, Bolsover Castle is one of the ones I've used it for.Listonosz wrote:I've used mine a couple of times to get in for free, Bolsover Castle, Brodsworth Hall, even gave me 15% discount in the shops on site
I remain disappointed that when holidaying in Wales or Scotland the their equivalents of English Heritage charge the full rate.
-
kmite
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 08 Oct 2009, 21:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Do we still get free access to English Heritage sites?
Any offers like this for scotland? Or is uncle eck salmon not feeling love for the scoposties
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Do we still get free access to English Heritage sites?
I'm sure it was in the courier that 'the others' arent interested,or it's being looked into or something like that.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
L8Hatter
- Posts: 191
- Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 13:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Do we still get free access to English Heritage sites?
Thanks a lot for this. Didn't have a danny
-
Red Robbo
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 680
- Joined: 31 Jan 2012, 09:23
- Gender: Male
Re: Do we still get free access to English Heritage sites?
I have just bought a new motor and the dealership asked if I worked for a number of companies one being Royal Mail and got a few quid knocked off the price by showing my ID, Vauxhall by the way.

-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Do we still get free access to English Heritage sites?
Let's hope your new Vauxhall is as reliable as a Combo van.Red Robbo wrote:I have just bought a new motor and the dealership asked if I worked for a number of companies one being Royal Mail and got a few quid knocked off the price by showing my ID, Vauxhall by the way.![]()
![]()