ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Confessions of a Postman -- the book
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book
The crewbus was meant to come looking for me, but they probably reasoned to themselves: he’s new – he won’t be ready, f**k him, let’s not bother the few minutes looking for him, let’s get home early. By Thursday I was putting the last letter into the last letterbox on a road of terraced houses. I could hear the straining of a diesel engine picking up speed, I could hear the grinding of gears being changed badly, I recognized that sound, it was the last plane out of Stalingrad and it was heading right my way. I ran down the drive and gave them the signal, you know, the secret signal: the one where you wave your hands in the air and scream STOP! The crewbus hurtled past. Maybe they used a different signal? I was so close that when the bus swept past I could see the driver and crew in profile; I could even see that their neck muscles were tensed from the effort of not looking in my direction. Bastardo! As the crewbus vanished into the whiteness I fell to my knees, arms still raised to the sky. Barbers Adagio for Strings was playing in my head. Customers gathered around me with p739s in their hands…
That made me lol
That made me lol
-
rainmaker7
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 30 Oct 2008, 20:09
- Gender: Male
- Location: deadlands of sarf London
Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book
You can download the e-book for FREE here at: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008ALR77K
For Kindle users only but you can put a Kindle app on your computer or Iphone, I think.
Free for one week only. Grab it while you can.
For Kindle users only but you can put a Kindle app on your computer or Iphone, I think.
Free for one week only. Grab it while you can.
Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book
I'm grabbing it this very minute rainmaker7 but I think I'll give the download a missrainmaker7 wrote:You can download the e-book for FREE here at: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008ALR77K
For Kindle users only but you can put a Kindle app on your computer or Iphone, I think.
Free for one week only. Grab it while you can.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32816
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book
Where's the link to download it,can't work the fecking thing out.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book
I ordered it but some twonk put a something for you card through my door even though I was in.f***ing w*****s.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
rainmaker7
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 30 Oct 2008, 20:09
- Gender: Male
- Location: deadlands of sarf London
Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book
try this link if the above one don't work.Where's the link to download it, can't work the fecking thing out.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008ALR77K" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just click to purchase on far fight side but as the price is zero it will charge you nought.
General Mannerheim and dvbuk55; are you like the Waldorf and Statler of RMC?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early.
-
S6 Stroller
- Posts: 199
- Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 23:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book
rainmaker7 - I've followed a couple of the links to the free chapters you've put in this thread. I have two issues with what has been written.
1. You say it's fiction but it obviously isn't. It is clearly fact dressed as fiction. Totally different. You are giving a false impression of Royal Mail nationwide. Most of the incidents you outline I do not recognise. To be overly frank, you are f***ing Royal Mail colleagues over nationally by portraying the very worst of, presumably, London as the norm.
2. It is very badly written.
I'm just thankful the general public are unlikely to read it.
1. You say it's fiction but it obviously isn't. It is clearly fact dressed as fiction. Totally different. You are giving a false impression of Royal Mail nationwide. Most of the incidents you outline I do not recognise. To be overly frank, you are f***ing Royal Mail colleagues over nationally by portraying the very worst of, presumably, London as the norm.
2. It is very badly written.
I'm just thankful the general public are unlikely to read it.
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book
S6 Stroller wrote:rainmaker7 - I've followed a couple of the links to the free chapters you've put in this thread. I have two issues with what has been written.
1. You say it's fiction but it obviously isn't. It is clearly fact dressed as fiction. Totally different. You are giving a false impression of Royal Mail nationwide. Most of the incidents you outline I do not recognise. To be overly frank, you are f***ing Royal Mail colleagues over nationally by portraying the very worst of, presumably, London as the norm.
2. It is very badly written.
I'm just thankful the general public are unlikely to read it.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book
Cheers Beaker!rainmaker7 wrote:try this link if the above one don't work.Where's the link to download it, can't work the fecking thing out.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008ALR77K" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just click to purchase on far fight side but as the price is zero it will charge you nought.
General Mannerheim and dvbuk55; are you like the Waldorf and Statler of RMC?
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
S6 Stroller
- Posts: 199
- Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 23:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book
Well somebody had to say it!Stormproof wrote:S6 Stroller wrote:rainmaker7 - I've followed a couple of the links to the free chapters you've put in this thread. I have two issues with what has been written.
1. You say it's fiction but it obviously isn't. It is clearly fact dressed as fiction. Totally different. You are giving a false impression of Royal Mail nationwide. Most of the incidents you outline I do not recognise. To be overly frank, you are f***ing Royal Mail colleagues over nationally by portraying the very worst of, presumably, London as the norm.
2. It is very badly written.
I'm just thankful the general public are unlikely to read it.![]()
Thank goodness someone else thinks the same. I was beginning to think I was the only one critical of this piece of rubbish.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book
OK what have I done now - and it better not involve the naughty room........................againGeneral Mannerheim wrote:Cheers Beaker!rainmaker7 wrote:try this link if the above one don't work.Where's the link to download it, can't work the fecking thing out.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008ALR77K" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just click to purchase on far fight side but as the price is zero it will charge you nought.
General Mannerheim and dvbuk55; are you like the Waldorf and Statler of RMC?
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book
Well you could kind of get your own back on your tormentors from your office,maybe you could get some of the 500 delivered and possibly alot more as D2D then you would not only be keeping posties in work but be benefitting your local community with your wonderful work of `fiction`,or you could just save the bother and use them as mulching for your neighbours roses.rainmaker7 wrote:About half a dozen but that's mainly posties I used to work with who want to make sure that they are not in the book (and when they find that they are not in the book they will want to know why they are not in the book).How many copies have you sold?
The average self-publisher earns about £320.
I might send a out a few free copies to board members (but just the nice ones), I got about 500 in the garage -- in amongst all the door 2 door leaflets.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book
Better still print it on soft 3ply and have a picture of a Labrador on the front cover and leave it in supermarket foyers at the free newspaper stand. I think it's safe to say that at least the first 3 pages would be read.General Mannerheim wrote:Well you could kind of get your own back on your tormentors from your office,maybe you could get some of the 500 delivered and possibly alot more as D2D then you would not only be keeping posties in work but be benefitting your local community with your wonderful work of `fiction`,or you could just save the bother and use them as mulching for your neighbours roses.rainmaker7 wrote:About half a dozen but that's mainly posties I used to work with who want to make sure that they are not in the book (and when they find that they are not in the book they will want to know why they are not in the book).How many copies have you sold?
The average self-publisher earns about £320.
I might send a out a few free copies to board members (but just the nice ones), I got about 500 in the garage -- in amongst all the door 2 door leaflets.
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book
I wonder if Rainmaker has sold the film rights yet or got rid of the 500 copies in his garage?
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book
It looks like he's going for the sequel GM - "Confessions of a Knobhead"................500 more copies will even out the space in his garage - come to think of it he may get more sold than the original. Obviously it bombed.General Mannerheim wrote:I wonder if Rainmaker has sold the film rights yet or got rid of the 500 copies in his garage?