ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Confessions of a Postman -- the book

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book

Post by Caniel »

The crewbus was meant to come looking for me, but they probably reasoned to themselves: he’s new – he won’t be ready, f**k him, let’s not bother the few minutes looking for him, let’s get home early. By Thursday I was putting the last letter into the last letterbox on a road of terraced houses. I could hear the straining of a diesel engine picking up speed, I could hear the grinding of gears being changed badly, I recognized that sound, it was the last plane out of Stalingrad and it was heading right my way. I ran down the drive and gave them the signal, you know, the secret signal: the one where you wave your hands in the air and scream STOP! The crewbus hurtled past. Maybe they used a different signal? I was so close that when the bus swept past I could see the driver and crew in profile; I could even see that their neck muscles were tensed from the effort of not looking in my direction. Bastardo! As the crewbus vanished into the whiteness I fell to my knees, arms still raised to the sky. Barbers Adagio for Strings was playing in my head. Customers gathered around me with p739s in their hands…

That made me lol
rainmaker7
Posts: 27
Joined: 30 Oct 2008, 20:09
Gender: Male
Location: deadlands of sarf London

Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book

Post by rainmaker7 »

You can download the e-book for FREE here at: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008ALR77K

For Kindle users only but you can put a Kindle app on your computer or Iphone, I think.

Free for one week only. Grab it while you can.
Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book

Post by dvbuk55 »

rainmaker7 wrote:You can download the e-book for FREE here at: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008ALR77K

For Kindle users only but you can put a Kindle app on your computer or Iphone, I think.

Free for one week only. Grab it while you can.
I'm grabbing it this very minute rainmaker7 but I think I'll give the download a miss :chuckle :chuckle
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32816
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book

Post by POSTMAN »

Where's the link to download it,can't work the fecking thing out.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book

Post by General Mannerheim »

I ordered it but some twonk put a something for you card through my door even though I was in.f***ing w*****s.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
rainmaker7
Posts: 27
Joined: 30 Oct 2008, 20:09
Gender: Male
Location: deadlands of sarf London

Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book

Post by rainmaker7 »

Where's the link to download it, can't work the fecking thing out.
try this link if the above one don't work.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008ALR77K" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just click to purchase on far fight side but as the price is zero it will charge you nought.

General Mannerheim and dvbuk55; are you like the Waldorf and Statler of RMC?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early.
S6 Stroller
Posts: 199
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 23:00
Gender: Male

Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book

Post by S6 Stroller »

rainmaker7 - I've followed a couple of the links to the free chapters you've put in this thread. I have two issues with what has been written.

1. You say it's fiction but it obviously isn't. It is clearly fact dressed as fiction. Totally different. You are giving a false impression of Royal Mail nationwide. Most of the incidents you outline I do not recognise. To be overly frank, you are f***ing Royal Mail colleagues over nationally by portraying the very worst of, presumably, London as the norm.

2. It is very badly written.

I'm just thankful the general public are unlikely to read it.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book

Post by Stormproof »

S6 Stroller wrote:rainmaker7 - I've followed a couple of the links to the free chapters you've put in this thread. I have two issues with what has been written.

1. You say it's fiction but it obviously isn't. It is clearly fact dressed as fiction. Totally different. You are giving a false impression of Royal Mail nationwide. Most of the incidents you outline I do not recognise. To be overly frank, you are f***ing Royal Mail colleagues over nationally by portraying the very worst of, presumably, London as the norm.

2. It is very badly written.

I'm just thankful the general public are unlikely to read it.
:Applause :Applause Thank goodness someone else thinks the same. I was beginning to think I was the only one critical of this piece of rubbish.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book

Post by General Mannerheim »

rainmaker7 wrote:
Where's the link to download it, can't work the fecking thing out.
try this link if the above one don't work.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008ALR77K" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just click to purchase on far fight side but as the price is zero it will charge you nought.

General Mannerheim and dvbuk55; are you like the Waldorf and Statler of RMC?
Cheers Beaker! :wave
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
S6 Stroller
Posts: 199
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 23:00
Gender: Male

Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book

Post by S6 Stroller »

Stormproof wrote:
S6 Stroller wrote:rainmaker7 - I've followed a couple of the links to the free chapters you've put in this thread. I have two issues with what has been written.

1. You say it's fiction but it obviously isn't. It is clearly fact dressed as fiction. Totally different. You are giving a false impression of Royal Mail nationwide. Most of the incidents you outline I do not recognise. To be overly frank, you are f***ing Royal Mail colleagues over nationally by portraying the very worst of, presumably, London as the norm.

2. It is very badly written.

I'm just thankful the general public are unlikely to read it.
:Applause :Applause Thank goodness someone else thinks the same. I was beginning to think I was the only one critical of this piece of rubbish.
Well somebody had to say it! :Very Happy
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book

Post by dvbuk55 »

General Mannerheim wrote:
rainmaker7 wrote:
Where's the link to download it, can't work the fecking thing out.
try this link if the above one don't work.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008ALR77K" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just click to purchase on far fight side but as the price is zero it will charge you nought.

General Mannerheim and dvbuk55; are you like the Waldorf and Statler of RMC?
Cheers Beaker! :wave
OK what have I done now - and it better not involve the naughty room........................again :whistle And if we are, I am definitely the better looking and younger one. :cuppa
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book

Post by General Mannerheim »

rainmaker7 wrote:
How many copies have you sold?
About half a dozen but that's mainly posties I used to work with who want to make sure that they are not in the book (and when they find that they are not in the book they will want to know why they are not in the book).

The average self-publisher earns about £320.

I might send a out a few free copies to board members (but just the nice ones), I got about 500 in the garage -- in amongst all the door 2 door leaflets.
Well you could kind of get your own back on your tormentors from your office,maybe you could get some of the 500 delivered and possibly alot more as D2D then you would not only be keeping posties in work but be benefitting your local community with your wonderful work of `fiction`,or you could just save the bother and use them as mulching for your neighbours roses.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book

Post by dvbuk55 »

General Mannerheim wrote:
rainmaker7 wrote:
How many copies have you sold?
About half a dozen but that's mainly posties I used to work with who want to make sure that they are not in the book (and when they find that they are not in the book they will want to know why they are not in the book).

The average self-publisher earns about £320.

I might send a out a few free copies to board members (but just the nice ones), I got about 500 in the garage -- in amongst all the door 2 door leaflets.
Well you could kind of get your own back on your tormentors from your office,maybe you could get some of the 500 delivered and possibly alot more as D2D then you would not only be keeping posties in work but be benefitting your local community with your wonderful work of `fiction`,or you could just save the bother and use them as mulching for your neighbours roses.
Better still print it on soft 3ply and have a picture of a Labrador on the front cover and leave it in supermarket foyers at the free newspaper stand. I think it's safe to say that at least the first 3 pages would be read.
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book

Post by General Mannerheim »

I wonder if Rainmaker has sold the film rights yet or got rid of the 500 copies in his garage?
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book

Post by dvbuk55 »

General Mannerheim wrote:I wonder if Rainmaker has sold the film rights yet or got rid of the 500 copies in his garage?
It looks like he's going for the sequel GM - "Confessions of a Knobhead"................500 more copies will even out the space in his garage - come to think of it he may get more sold than the original. Obviously it bombed.