ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
mis-deliveries?
-
delboy1969
- Posts: 95
- Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 17:40
- Gender: Male
Re: mis-deliveries?
I have many a blonde moment when I misdeliver something I should haven't and fair play to people who point this out to me. But when you have hundreds of letters each day and under increasing pressure, some are bound to get through the loop!
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: mis-deliveries?
I misdelivered to three houses in a row today. One of them was unoccupied. Oh well.delboy1969 wrote:I have many a blonde moment when I misdeliver something I should haven't and fair play to people who point this out to me. But when you have hundreds of letters each day and under increasing pressure, some are bound to get through the loop!
Should I have realised? Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
-
delboy1969
- Posts: 95
- Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 17:40
- Gender: Male
Re: mis-deliveries?
we're only human although at times I feel we are a bit super human lol! I hate misdelivering but like death and taxes it happens!taurus88 wrote:I misdelivered to three houses in a row today. One of them was unoccupied. Oh well.delboy1969 wrote:I have many a blonde moment when I misdeliver something I should haven't and fair play to people who point this out to me. But when you have hundreds of letters each day and under increasing pressure, some are bound to get through the loop!
Should I have realised? Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
-
BoltonPostie
- Posts: 328
- Joined: 09 Jul 2007, 17:20
- Gender: Male
- Location: Up s**t creek.
Re: mis-deliveries?
Just blame it on your walk relief.....I do it all the time makes up for the fecker not doing his share of the D2dustbins...swings and rounabouts as the wanking management likes to quote often. 
The grabbing hands
Grab all they can
All for themselves
After all
Grab all they can
All for themselves
After all
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: mis-deliveries?
I hate it when people change the colour of their front door overnight.
That always confuses me.
That always confuses me.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: mis-deliveries?
Why would you change it overnight?clashcityrocker wrote:I hate it when people change the colour of their front door overnight.
That always confuses me.
Painting or joinery in the dark has to be more difficult.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: mis-deliveries?
They might start after I have delivered, could be as early as 11 am, or they could be using powerful floodlights.fishtank wrote:Why would you change it overnight?clashcityrocker wrote:I hate it when people change the colour of their front door overnight.
That always confuses me.
Painting or joinery in the dark has to be more difficult.
I don't know. But the outcome is the same. Confusion.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: mis-deliveries?
Personally I wouldn't notice the colour of the door but when I misdelivered and I knew it, I would write on a 739 explaining my mistake and relying on their good offices to repost correctly - in some areas of my delivery it became a bit of a joke, or I did.
What used to bugger me off was the planters they put out after you'd delivered and you'd fall over the following day.
What used to bugger me off was the planters they put out after you'd delivered and you'd fall over the following day.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: mis-deliveries?
And what about when people dismantle their house brick by brick, and rebuild it in an adjacent street.
That would always throw me.
That would always throw me.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: mis-deliveries?
I mean there's dim and very dimclashcityrocker wrote:And what about when people dismantle their house brick by brick, and rebuild it in an adjacent street.
That would always throw me.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: mis-deliveries?
Let's face facts, if we weren't so dumb then we wouldn't work in RMdvbuk55 wrote:I mean there's dim and very dimclashcityrocker wrote:And what about when people dismantle their house brick by brick, and rebuild it in an adjacent street.
That would always throw me.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: mis-deliveries?
It takes intelligence to look busy whilst doing nothing and being paid..............well nothingDGP1 wrote:Let's face facts, if we weren't so dumb then we wouldn't work in RMdvbuk55 wrote:I mean there's dim and very dimclashcityrocker wrote:And what about when people dismantle their house brick by brick, and rebuild it in an adjacent street.
That would always throw me.![]()
![]()
![]()
-
bunkerland
- Posts: 546
- Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
- Gender: Male
Re: mis-deliveries?
What a terrible feeling it is when you just realise you're at the wrong door as the mail slides out your fingers.
Sometimes(if you're lucky) you can rescue it by some frantic fingernail scrabbling in a two handed rescue attempt as it dangles on the precipice, but more often than not......it's gone,noooooooooooo! 
Don't despair though,you haven't killed or maimed anyone,your family and friends will still love you,and with time you'll get over it!
Don't despair though,you haven't killed or maimed anyone,your family and friends will still love you,and with time you'll get over it!
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: mis-deliveries?
Yes approximately 2 nanoseconds after it went through the door - tomorrow is always another day.....................and misdelivery.bunkerland wrote:What a terrible feeling it is when you just realise you're at the wrong door as the mail slides out your fingers.Sometimes(if you're lucky) you can rescue it by some frantic fingernail scrabbling in a two handed rescue attempt as it dangles on the precipice, but more often than not......it's gone,noooooooooooo!
Don't despair though,you haven't killed or maimed anyone,your family and friends will still love you,and with time you'll get over it!
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: mis-deliveries?
It's not a terrible feeling at all. The only thing that bothers me about it is that I'm perfect and therefore don't make mistakes. It must have been the mistake of the mail, conniving a way out of my hand, seducing me with its dark arts, seeking some terrible abode other than its own. Definitely not the fault of me, myself or I.