ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

mis-deliveries?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
delboy1969
Posts: 95
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 17:40
Gender: Male

Re: mis-deliveries?

Post by delboy1969 »

I have many a blonde moment when I misdeliver something I should haven't and fair play to people who point this out to me. But when you have hundreds of letters each day and under increasing pressure, some are bound to get through the loop!
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: mis-deliveries?

Post by taurus88 »

delboy1969 wrote:I have many a blonde moment when I misdeliver something I should haven't and fair play to people who point this out to me. But when you have hundreds of letters each day and under increasing pressure, some are bound to get through the loop!
I misdelivered to three houses in a row today. One of them was unoccupied. Oh well.

Should I have realised? Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
delboy1969
Posts: 95
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 17:40
Gender: Male

Re: mis-deliveries?

Post by delboy1969 »

taurus88 wrote:
delboy1969 wrote:I have many a blonde moment when I misdeliver something I should haven't and fair play to people who point this out to me. But when you have hundreds of letters each day and under increasing pressure, some are bound to get through the loop!
I misdelivered to three houses in a row today. One of them was unoccupied. Oh well.

Should I have realised? Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
we're only human although at times I feel we are a bit super human lol! I hate misdelivering but like death and taxes it happens!
BoltonPostie
Posts: 328
Joined: 09 Jul 2007, 17:20
Gender: Male
Location: Up s**t creek.

Re: mis-deliveries?

Post by BoltonPostie »

Just blame it on your walk relief.....I do it all the time makes up for the fecker not doing his share of the D2dustbins...swings and rounabouts as the wanking management likes to quote often. :Very Happy
The grabbing hands
Grab all they can
All for themselves
After all
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: mis-deliveries?

Post by clashcityrocker »

I hate it when people change the colour of their front door overnight.
That always confuses me.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: mis-deliveries?

Post by fishtank »

clashcityrocker wrote:I hate it when people change the colour of their front door overnight.
That always confuses me.
Why would you change it overnight?
Painting or joinery in the dark has to be more difficult.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: mis-deliveries?

Post by clashcityrocker »

fishtank wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:I hate it when people change the colour of their front door overnight.
That always confuses me.
Why would you change it overnight?
Painting or joinery in the dark has to be more difficult.
They might start after I have delivered, could be as early as 11 am, or they could be using powerful floodlights.
I don't know. But the outcome is the same. Confusion.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: mis-deliveries?

Post by dvbuk55 »

Personally I wouldn't notice the colour of the door but when I misdelivered and I knew it, I would write on a 739 explaining my mistake and relying on their good offices to repost correctly - in some areas of my delivery it became a bit of a joke, or I did.

What used to bugger me off was the planters they put out after you'd delivered and you'd fall over the following day.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: mis-deliveries?

Post by clashcityrocker »

And what about when people dismantle their house brick by brick, and rebuild it in an adjacent street.
That would always throw me.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: mis-deliveries?

Post by dvbuk55 »

clashcityrocker wrote:And what about when people dismantle their house brick by brick, and rebuild it in an adjacent street.
That would always throw me.
I mean there's dim and very dim :chuckle
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: mis-deliveries?

Post by DGP1 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:And what about when people dismantle their house brick by brick, and rebuild it in an adjacent street.
That would always throw me.
I mean there's dim and very dim :chuckle
Let's face facts, if we weren't so dumb then we wouldn't work in RM :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: mis-deliveries?

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:And what about when people dismantle their house brick by brick, and rebuild it in an adjacent street.
That would always throw me.
I mean there's dim and very dim :chuckle
Let's face facts, if we weren't so dumb then we wouldn't work in RM :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
It takes intelligence to look busy whilst doing nothing and being paid..............well nothing :chuckle
bunkerland
Posts: 546
Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
Gender: Male

Re: mis-deliveries?

Post by bunkerland »

What a terrible feeling it is when you just realise you're at the wrong door as the mail slides out your fingers. :cry Sometimes(if you're lucky) you can rescue it by some frantic fingernail scrabbling in a two handed rescue attempt as it dangles on the precipice, but more often than not......it's gone,noooooooooooo! :sad:

Don't despair though,you haven't killed or maimed anyone,your family and friends will still love you,and with time you'll get over it! :nana
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: mis-deliveries?

Post by dvbuk55 »

bunkerland wrote:What a terrible feeling it is when you just realise you're at the wrong door as the mail slides out your fingers. :cry Sometimes(if you're lucky) you can rescue it by some frantic fingernail scrabbling in a two handed rescue attempt as it dangles on the precipice, but more often than not......it's gone,noooooooooooo! :sad:

Don't despair though,you haven't killed or maimed anyone,your family and friends will still love you,and with time you'll get over it! :nana
Yes approximately 2 nanoseconds after it went through the door - tomorrow is always another day.....................and misdelivery. :cuppa
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: mis-deliveries?

Post by taurus88 »

It's not a terrible feeling at all. The only thing that bothers me about it is that I'm perfect and therefore don't make mistakes. It must have been the mistake of the mail, conniving a way out of my hand, seducing me with its dark arts, seeking some terrible abode other than its own. Definitely not the fault of me, myself or I.